• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ladies -- Are you high maintenance?

Which ones do you have/use?

• Hair weave/extensions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Princess" or crown pillows, shirts, etc.

• You keep your little dog in your purse

• Total voters
I spend about 10 minutes on myself before I head out the door. Throw my hair up in a sloppy bun, slap some mascara and lip gloss on and off I go!

I Got four out of 10. If I had the time to take care of a dog then I might have a dog that fit in my purse although I think I want a sheltie and they're a bit too big for that. If I didn't destroy my knee playing college soccer I would wear higher then three inch heels.

So maybe I'm right in between?

I take 2hrs to get ready on an average day, less if I'm just hanging around the house. I will not leave my house without the perfect outfit and I have enough clothes to fill a few average size walk in closets.

Fashion's my hobby, I love make-up although sometimes I think I look better without it. A special cabinet was put in my bathroom to keep all of my make-up and it still spills out into other rooms.

I don't think I'm that high maintenance though and your poll finally proves that! I can't wait to show everybody who has said otherwise!

Two hours to get ready?! What takes so long? Not counting the shower, I'm outta the house in 15 minutes fully made up and accessorized. What are you doing for that hour and 45 minutes?!

I'm so curious because years and years ago a girlfriend stayed with me for a couple of weeks and would disappear into the bathroom for hours. I never did figure out what the heck she was doing in there or why the little wastebasket was filled with eensy-teensy pieces of tissue.

For work.

Most of the time is spent on my hair it's long and I have high standards. It took over 2hrs for two professional hair stylists to simultaneously curl it and then style it. Usually I don't have the luxury of having people do it for me so if I wanted to do it myself it would take much longer and that's without make-up and wardrobe. I've cut it down to 2hrs just because I can't afford anymore time then that but on days off I could spend all day playing around with hair and make-up alone.

It does take a lot of patience but I have fun doing it :nails

l know you cant be like paris hilton :mrgreen:

Brush%20Hi-Res.jpg

Two hours to get ready?! What takes so long? Not counting the shower, I'm outta the house in 15 minutes fully made up and accessorized. What are you doing for that hour and 45 minutes?!

I'm so curious because years and years ago a girlfriend stayed with me for a couple of weeks and would disappear into the bathroom for hours. I never did figure out what the heck she was doing in there or why the little wastebasket was filled with eensy-teensy pieces of tissue.

Shower takes 30 min, it takes 15-20 minutes to fully dry my hair after I shower. Make-up I slack on due to time management so I only spend 10-15 min on that on your average day if I try something new it will take longer I don't usually add wings or anything fancier to my eye make-up on the average day but if I do it takes much more time to make them perfect. Styling my hair takes 30 min to do something basic like fully straightening. Clothes and accessories can take over 45 min if I'm not organized but if I have it basically planned out before hand it cuts off some time.

Your gf with the little pieces of paper may have been touching up eye make-up and lipstick? I don't know though.

For work.

Most of the time is spent on my hair it's long and I have high standards. It took over 2hrs for two professional hair stylists to simultaneously curl it and then style it. Usually I don't have the luxury of having people do it for me so if I wanted to do it myself it would take much longer and that's without make-up and wardrobe. I've cut it down to 2hrs just because I can't afford anymore time then that but on days off I could spend all day playing around with hair and make-up alone.

Wow! Unless the "average day" includes working in front of a camera that just seems like a lot.

Personally, I'm not 100% sure what I'd do with my remaining hair for more than about 5 min. Even when I trim my beard and mustache it might take me 10 min.......and another 2 to make sure the trimmings make it down the sink:lamo

Wow! Unless the "average day" includes working in front of a camera that just seems like a lot.

Personally, I'm not 100% sure what I'd do with my remaining hair for more than about 5 min. Even when I trim my beard and mustache it might take me 10 min.......and another 2 to make sure the trimmings make it down the sink:lamo

It's a lot of time but it's something I really enjoy, I know people who would have to drive for hours during college football season just so they can get there tailgate, watch the game and then drive home the next day and they get season tickets every year. I think that's ridiculous but I'm guessing it's just fun for them like fashion is fun for me.

Yep, I'm high maintenance, but the final product is something I'm pleased to have.
My opinion of myself comes first, therefore, I accept full responsibility, and I pay for it.

I take 2hrs to get ready on an average day, less if I'm just hanging around the house. I will not leave my house without the perfect outfit and I have enough clothes to fill a few average size walk in closets.

When you are on your dying bed will you be glad you spent 1/12 of your life (more than 8%) on your clothes, hair and makeup?

It's a lot of time but it's something I really enjoy, I know people who would have to drive for hours during college football season just so they can get there tailgate, watch the game and then drive home the next day and they get season tickets every year. I think that's ridiculous but I'm guessing it's just fun for them like fashion is fun for me.

Touchè!

Shower takes 30 min, it takes 15-20 minutes to fully dry my hair after I shower. Make-up I slack on due to time management so I only spend 10-15 min on that on your average day if I try something new it will take longer I don't usually add wings or anything fancier to my eye make-up on the average day but if I do it takes much more time to make them perfect. Styling my hair takes 30 min to do something basic like fully straightening. Clothes and accessories can take over 45 min if I'm not organized but if I have it basically planned out before hand it cuts off some time.

Your gf with the little pieces of paper may have been touching up eye make-up and lipstick? I don't know though.

With clothes strewn out all over the bed? Hmmmm. That sounds familiar! :mrgreen:

Sheeesh You are really high maintenance, even just in here.:lol:

Why, because I asked you 3 times for an answer and you refused to give it? And that makes me high maintenance? :lol: Obviously you don't have a lot of experience with girls who are really high maintenance, or you wouldn't be painting all women with the same broad brush.

For work.

My daughter is the same way. I have to let her know 2 hours in advance before we leave. :lol: Me? I run through a shower, pull my hair back in a hair tie, throw on a t-shirt and jeans, a pair of flip flops, some deodorant and a little perfume. I'm done. 15 minutes tops, unless I have to wash my hair. My hair is really long, too (down to my waist almost) so when I wash it, it takes longer.

When you are on your dying bed will you be glad you spent 1/12 of your life (more than 8%) on your clothes, hair and makeup?

Aw leave her alone. What difference does it make, so long as she doesn't take time away from you? I'm sure you have hobbies that take 1/12th of your life, too.

Aw leave her alone. What difference does it make, so long as she doesn't take time away from you? I'm sure you have hobbies that take 1/12th of your life, too.

I'm sure when she's on her dying bed, she won't be like "damn that makeup and clothes!" anyway. Lol!

I'm sure when she's on her dying bed, she won't be like "damn that makeup and clothes!" anyway. Lol!

Lol. If that's the only possible regret I have about my life then I think I've made out pretty well.

Any woman that spends two hours making herself look good for me is a Ten in my book.

I always thought High Maintenance was an emotional support type of thing.

Last edited:
Well, think about the words "high maintenance." There seems to be a little confusion about it, and not just by you, Ray. :) Think in terms of a car. What is "high maintenance" with a car? You have to baby it, you have to spend a lot of time with it, a lot of money on it. You have to do a lot to maintain it. Same with a high maintenance girl.

My version of high maintenance would be somebody like Paris Hilton.

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Well, think about the words "high maintenance." There seems to be a little confusion about it, and not just by you, Ray. :) Think in terms of a car. What is "high maintenance" with a car? You have to baby it, you have to spend a lot of time with it, a lot of money on it. You have to do a lot to maintain it. Same with a high maintenance girl.

we agree on something

I have one rule about make-up: If you don't look good without it, you won't look good with it.

Great analogy!

Y'know what sucks....when you have a gorgeous car and you take great care of it - you check the air in the tires every week, change the oil every 3000 miles (with the good stuff!), wash it weekly, wax it monthly, buy it nice things like chromed hoses and high end headlights and then, one day, you find it in the King Soopers parking lot getting rear ended by a damned rusted out 1978 Volare with vomit stains on the upholstery and mismatched tires!!!!:censored

I have one rule about make-up: If you don't look good without it, you won't look good with it.

What's wrong with anything that makes you look a little better? I think shaving, cutting, painting, washing, coloring, clipping can all add to appearance. The trick is doing it appropriately- twenty layers of war paint, whole can of hair spray, candy red lipstick, bright purple eyeliner, too much botox, lip collagen or face lifts make you look weird.

Lol. If that's the only possible regret I have about my life then I think I've made out pretty well.

I don't understand many people's priorities, but if it is fun for you, then go for it. Its the people who do it because they think they have to do it that are sad.

Back
Top Bottom