• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Gays is a Belief Held by ‘Moderate Muslims’ [W:71]

You might fairly say that most conservative or traditionalist Muslims believe homosexuals should be executed when and where Sharia courts have jurisdiction. One doesn't have to be conservative to be devout, after all (though the conservatives of a religion might claim otherwise :lol: ). Nor is it necessarily the case that even all long-established schools of Islamic thought consider it a capital 'crime.'

People with all sorts of worldviews have been known to commit murder or support warfare, for all sorts of reasons, and I've never seen any evidence suggesting that Muslims are any more likely to do so than anyone else. You're just as dead whether you're killed by a gang member or a sociopath or a terrorist, or even as collateral damage from an American invasion. The percentage of Muslims who support ISIS is probably no higher than the percentage of Americans (or Australians) who supported the unprovoked invasion which helped catalyse its rise in the first place. Are these indicators of evil, do you think, or other psychological and circumstantial factors?

Standard apology.

if you want to know what "they" believe, pop your bubble

interact with their community

it's really that simple

Don't need to. My interaction will not change the doctrine of Islam. Or the caution that should be taken when dealing with what they and what they do. Which seem to be totally differrent.

Don't need to. My interaction will not change the doctrine of Islam. Or the caution that should be taken when dealing with what they and what they do. Which seem to be totally differrent.

What exactly is the doctrine of Islam?

Plenty of information on that on the internet. Plus many, many posts should give you some idea.

I would never take the word of anyone who posts on any forum. The internet contains a lot on the subject but not all of it says the same thing. So is it a matter of facts or opinions? And how does anyone distinguish between the two? Unless you are a Muslim, how would you truly know Islamic doctrine?

I would never take the word of anyone who posts on any forum. The internet contains a lot on the subject but not all of it says the same thing. So is it a matter of facts or opinions? And how does anyone distinguish between the two? Unless you are a Muslim, how would you truly know Islamic doctrine?

Because the the holy literature obligates the actions of Islamists. And is clearly stated for anyone to read. Try it.

Where did you read them? Is there a website with the official version of both?

If you can post here you must be computer literate. Try "search"

[h=1]

If "moderate muslims" believe this...? What does that say for Islam in general?

[/B]
[/LEFT]

If anyone believes that, they aren't moderate.

religious leader/preacher actually said:

‘What if you asked me, “Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” Um, no, I think that’s great, I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job.’

Ain't some religious leaders great people :no::no::no:

Because the the holy literature obligates the actions of Islamists. And is clearly stated for anyone to read. Try it.

By that rationale, Christians (and Jews) are obligated to stone to death those who eat shellfish.

The vast majority of people, of all faiths, ignore the more idiotic things in their religious tomes. And yes, that includes Muslims.

religious leader/preacher actually said:

‘What if you asked me, “Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” Um, no, I think that’s great, I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job.’

Ain't some religious leaders great people :no::no::no:

Yes, but when Muslim preachers talk they talk for all of Islam. When other religious leaders talk, not so much. I'm being sarcastic, of course. People hear and see pretty much what they are pre-disposed to hear and see. Most people narrowly seek out anything that backs their point of view and disregard the rest. Complexity hurts peoples heads.

If anyone believes that, they aren't moderate.

Here is an opinion.

Speaking at Kanal D TV”s Arena program, PM Erdogan commented on the term “moderate Islam”, often used in the West to describe AKP and said, “˜These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.”

Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007

By that rationale, Christians (and Jews) are obligated to stone to death those who eat shellfish.

The vast majority of people, of all faiths, ignore the more idiotic things in their religious tomes. And yes, that includes Muslims.

Apology noted.

No, not Christians and Jews --- just Jews. The OT is Jewish law.

Because we can read.

Back
Top Bottom