• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Gays is a Belief Held by ‘Moderate Muslims’ [W:71]

If Jesus himself said that we should be killing gays and dishonorable children and adulterers ---- then WHY DIDN'T HE? Don't you see the discrepancy in your argument?

Also, the "sword" in Matthew 10:34 is the Word of God. There are many metaphors in Scripture and that's one of them.

Yea and the word of God says homosexuals should be put to death. Jesus himself said the old laws are the word of God and he was NOT on Earth to change them, if Jesus didn't believe in the word of his own father why didn't he contest them?

How do you know Jesus wasn't obeying the laws of his father? Are you calling Jesus a sinner?

Yea and the word of God says homosexuals should be put to death. Jesus himself said the old laws are the word of God and he was NOT on Earth to change them, if Jesus didn't believe in the word of his own father why didn't he contest them?

How do you know Jesus wasn't obeying the laws of his father? Are you calling Jesus a sinner?

Jesus never sinned --- he also never killed a sinner (which you say He was supposed to). What now?

Jesus never sinned --- he also never killed a sinner (which you say He was supposed to). What now?

Killing a homosexual wouldn't be a sin because God said they should be put to death. It is Gods will.

What proof do you have that Jesus never killed a sinner?

Killing a homosexual wouldn't be a sin because God said they should be put to death. It is Gods will.

What proof do you have that Jesus never killed a sinner?

There is no proof at all that He did. Quite the opposite, actually. He stopped the murder of an adulteress -- why did He do that if He was supposed to kill her?

There is no proof at all that He did. Quite the opposite, actually. He stopped the murder of an adulteress -- why did He do that if He was supposed to kill her?

Apparently he was a sinner after all. Why did he disobey his father's law? No wonder God left him on the cross.

Leviticus 20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

It is a very bad thing that some muslim countries have punishment - even death punishment - for homosexuality.

But the Bible is not nice against homosexuals:

1 Timothy 1:8-11
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

If Islamist teocrats are bad people because they execute homosexuals, what should we say about God?

There's not many executions of homosexuals going on in Christian nations. If you hear of any, let me know.

There's not many executions of homosexuals going on in Christian nations. If you hear of any, let me know.

How many officially Christian nations are there? Not many.

Yep. Exactly.

So it's not exactly a fair comparison, is it? There actually are explicitly Muslim nations, but there are no explicitly Christian nations.

I do not blame Christian nations, I critisize God.

What I don't understand is this:

1) The bible says homosexuality is wrong, hence democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

2) the Quran says homosexuality is wrong, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, as if they can do no wrong.

3) Christians are not killing homosexuals, yet democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

4) Muslims are killing homosexuals, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, and ignore it when they kill homosexuals.

please, explain this to me.

That is because it is much worse to stop them from marrying than to throw them off buildings.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Your avatar proves that you are a much Realerer Patriot than those meany-head leftists. It is only from those with such avatars that glorious exclamations as the above are fit to emanate. Nay, even they must bow to the glory of their emitter.

I must ask, kindly good Sir,

View attachment 67202844

....it's been killing me...

Do you also post on about Obama when he doesn't know common words like Manatee?

In case you didn't hear it, he couldn't pronounce the word in his Yosemite speech.

So it's not exactly a fair comparison, is it? There actually are explicitly Muslim nations, but there are no explicitly Christian nations.

Yep. Exactly.

Christians are just luke warm and not following the law of God that even Jesus said still applies:

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

At least the Muslims obey their God.

[h=1]

If "moderate muslims" believe this...? What does that say for Islam in general?

[/B]
[/LEFT]

I (apparently) got news for you, pal.

Muslims are just as good or bad as Christians.

Not maybe...100% for certain.

If you would care me to prove it...I would be DELIGHTED to post passages from the Bible that condone the murder of homosexuals, the beating/murder of slaves, rape and on and on and on.

Evil Bible .com – Fighting Against Immorality in Religion

IMO, both the Quran AND the Bible are complete and total wastes of time.

Last edited:
I (apparently) got news for you, pal.

Muslims are just as good or bad as Christians.

Not maybe...100% for certain.

If you would care me to prove it...I would be DELIGHTED to post passages from the Bible that condone the murder of homosexuals, the beating/murder of slaves, rape and on and on and on.

Evil Bible .com – Fighting Against Immorality in Religion

IMO, both the Quran AND the Bible are complete and total wastes of time.

Someone needs a hug. ;)

Christians are just luke warm and not following the law of God that even Jesus said still applies:

At least the Muslims obey their God.

The difference is that sects of Muslims take it literally and Christians, at least most modern ones, take it figuratively.

Jesus changed things up for everyone. Jesus Couldn't be a sinner , because by being the son of God, he was a part of God, one in the same. What he was showing by saving
the adultress was that no one was without sin and that only through belief in him can you get to Heaven.

In other words, no one is good enough to enter heaven on their own works, only through belief in Jesus.

that was his whole point. he gave Christians an out, because not a single person could live up to their biblical works getting them to heaven.

forgive me for sounding like I am preaching. I do not mean to, but I am trying to get the perspective across.

Last edited:
The difference is that sects of Muslims take it literally and Christians, at least most modern ones, take it figuratively.

Jesus changed things up for everyone. Jesus Couldn't be a sinner , because by being the son of God, he was a part of God, one in the same. What he was showing by saving
the adultress was that no one was without sin and that only through belief in him can you get to Heaven.

In other words, no one is good enough to enter heaven on their own works, only through belief in Jesus.

that was his whole point. he gave Christians an out, because not a single person could live up to their biblical works getting them to heaven.

In other words Jesus died on the cross because Christians didn't have the stomach to kill homosexuals like the Lord God commanded them to do in the old Testament.

Muslims on the other hand ....

Well Jesus died on the cross to absolve humanity of its sin, but yes I guess not following the old laws would indeed be a sin. moreso though, Christians are supposed to reach out caringly to those who are sinners and without God's word, to help them get there.

either way, according to the Bible, if you are homosexual, then yes you are sinning, and if you don't come around to believing, then yes you will die at judgement.

and Muslims... well from a Christian perspective the problem with Muslims is that they do not accept Christ as the messiah... meaning they also cannot enter heaven, so they're just wrong... and in some cases violent because of it.

Christianity and Islam can't mix because of that core belief.

anyway, trust me, there are a lot of criticisms I have about the Bible. I grew up Christian, but am more agnostic leaning at this point due to them. still working on it.

Well Jesus died on the cross to absolve humanity of its sin, but yes I guess not following the old laws would indeed be a sin. moreso though, Christians are supposed to reach out caringly to those who are sinners and without God's word, to help them get there.

either way, according to the Bible, if you are homosexual, then yes you are sinning, and if you don't come around to believing, then yes you will die at judgement.

and Muslims... well from a Christian perspective the problem with Muslims is that they do not accept Christ as the messiah... meaning they also cannot enter heaven, so they're just wrong... and in some cases violent because of it.

Christianity and Islam can't mix because of that core belief.

anyway, trust me, there are a lot of criticisms I have about the Bible. I grew up Christian, but am more agnostic leaning at this point due to them. still working on it.

Agreed with all that but in addition Islam is not just a religion it is a set of laws, a state in and of its self and Sharia Law is 100% Incompatible with the US Constitution.

Agreed with all that but in addition Islam is not just a religion it is a set of laws, a state in and of its self and Sharia Law is 100% Incompatible with the US Constitution.

agreed.

omg, are we the first 2 people to ever agree after debating on this forum? :lol: jk

Back
Top Bottom