• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Gays is a Belief Held by ‘Moderate Muslims’ [W:71]

Read your Book, sir. Start with Paul's epistle to the Romans ;) Widely considered to be the fullest and best exposition of Pauline (and hence moderate Christian) theology in the Book.

I read the Bible all the time, and you are simply wrong.

What I don't understand is this:

1) The bible says homosexuality is wrong, hence democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

2) the Quran says homosexuality is wrong, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, as if they can do no wrong.

3) Christians are not killing homosexuals, yet democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

4) Muslims are killing homosexuals, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, and ignore it when they kill homosexuals.

please, explain this to me.

just in making their life unbearable and denying them basic human rights?

like that

How do they make life "unbearable" and name one, JUST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "basic human rights," the Christian church, in the US, has authority to deny...lol

I'm curious.

"Normally," being the key word.

Islam isn't normal.

Christians however do not believe in killing homosexuals. That's the belief of Islam.

Hope this helps.

Really? "Christians" don't believe in killing homosexuals? From this past November:

Last weekend Senator Ted Cruz, along with fellow GOP presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, spoke at a conference in Des Moines headed up by a man who advocates the execution of gay people — per his interpretation of the bible — and who made his call for mass extermination once again, onstage at the event, the National Religious Liberties Conference. Pastor Kevin Swanson has said in the past that Christians should attend gay weddings and hold up signs telling the newly married gay and lesbian couples that they “should be put to death.” He was an advocate of Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill, which he saw as a model.

At the confab over the weekend, where he introduced Huckabee, Jindal and Cruz to the audience — and where Ted Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz, an anti-gay Tea Party crusader, was a star speaker — he reiterated his death penalty call, adding that homosexuals should first be given some time to repent before the executions begin.

And when it comes to Islam, what would do you a great deal of good would be to realize that Islam is every bit as fractured as "Christianity", if not more so. Making a broad-brush sweeping judgement about what "Islam believes" evinces a great deal of ignorance of Islam itself - some believe in icons, most don't. Some believe in a single leader like the Catholics do with the pope - most don't. Most believe in using the Hadith and Sunna (writings and sayings) that came after the death of Mohammed - some don't. It's freaking confusing trying to figure out any one belief - except perhaps for the daily prayers, the Hajj, and the nature of God, that all Muslims agree on...and I'm not even sure about those three.

In case you're wondering, the only reason I know a bit about Islam is because I wrote a book for which I wound up having to research Islam in addition to a bevy of other subjects from Syrian geography to care of horses to haplotype maps for viruses - which gave me a great deal of respect for writers and the amount of research they must do.

That is an interesting statement. I have met a large number of Christians, but none that believed sinners should die. Not even the more conservative ones. I have read of some that have thought that mass murderers should be put to death, however.

Oh, they do, unless they're liberal Christians or CINOs :lol: It's the foundation of traditional Christian theology, after all. "Those who do such things deserve death" from Romans 1, referring to a whole list of things like gossip and slander IIRC. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"; "There is none righteous, no not one"; "All their thoughts are evil"... all from Romans 3. "The wages of sin is death" from Romans 6. "The vessels of wrath prepared for destruction" from Romans 9.

According to an infowars article - the website run by the person who alternately alleged the George Bush planned 9/11 as an excuse to get us into Iraq (?), or that 9/11 was organized by the Bilderberg group as one of the maneuvers in a bid to create a scenario in which the U.S. transfers national sovereignty to The Bilderberg Group, and many other things - one person, "Fahad Qureshi", says that every moderate muslim wants to kill all the gay people.

The person who started this thread read that article and posted this:

If "moderate muslims" believe this...? What does that say for Islam in general?

A mighty big "if", is it not?

:eek:uch:

Let's say I round up disgusting evil beliefs expressed by self-identified Christians. What would your response be?

Would it be that all Christians think that way?

OR, would it (as I know it would) be that those are examples of a few bad apples and/or not real Christians, but definitely blah blah blah, crap crap crap?

1) The bible says homosexuality is wrong, hence democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

2) the Quran says homosexuality is wrong, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, as if they can do no wrong.

3) Christians are not killing homosexuals, yet democrats bash Christians for being anti-homosexual.

4) Muslims are killing homosexuals, yet democrats apologize for Muslims at every chance, and ignore it when they kill homosexuals.

I can only humbly, and what I feel is honestly, explain such a thing…

1) Christians believe homosexuality is wrong. The act. However, homosexuals are human, subject to failure, and subject to redemption. Leftists confused the two. Leftists do not know this.
2) Because leftists deep down in their psyche are frightened. Scared to death they will lose their heads. Literally.
3) Because leftists feel they have to defend muslims. They are in essence allies. They are both hell bent on destroying America. America is EVIL!!!!!!! In their eyes.
4) Yes, of course. Leftists dare not cross Muslims. They are in it together. DO NOT doubt this. They are in it together. Their history together confirm it. They will deny it, but any honest, clear thinking American Christian will know this is true.

Oh, they do, unless they're liberal Christians or CINOs :lol: It's the foundation of traditional Christian theology, after all. "Those who do such things deserve death" from Romans 1, referring to a whole list of things like gossip and slander IIRC. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"; "There is none righteous, no not one"; "All their thoughts are evil"... all from Romans 3. "The wages of sin is death" from Romans 6. "The vessels of wrath prepared for destruction" from Romans 9.

Ho, but I never said that there were no passages in the Scriptures that couldn't be interpreted as you say you do. All I said was that the ones I've known and some were considered rather heavy weight theologians interpret the codices differently.

Ho, but I never said that there were no passages in the Scriptures that couldn't be interpreted as you say you do. All I said was that the ones I've known and some were considered rather heavy weight theologians interpret the codices differently.

True dat. But more importantly (and as you originally noted) there's a huge distinction between abstract views of sin and actual practical application. Even without the No True Scotsman fallacy, someone cut from the same mould as found in the OP could take "Most moderate Christians believe gossips deserve to die" (which accurately portrays a traditional Christian belief) and turn it into "Killing gossips is a belief held by moderate Christians" (which is obviously not accurate).

As I noted in another thread, even in Afghanistan - possibly the most conservative Muslim country outside Saudi Arabia itself - up to a quarter of its Muslim population disagree with imposing Sharia on anyone who doesn't want to live under it. In countries like Lebanon or Turkey the number is well over 80%: Even if they share the Christian belief that homosexuals deserve death, they overwhelmingly oppose having that sentence carried out by humans.

Sure! The problem is your OP wasn't even remotely honest. Adults like honesty.

You should try it some time.

Leftists are afraid of honestly.

After all reality scares the living crap of leftists.

Leftists are afraid of honestly. After all reality scares the living crap of leftists.

Your avatar proves that you are a much Realerer Patriot than those meany-head leftists. It is only from those with such avatars that glorious exclamations as the above are fit to emanate. Nay, even they must bow to the glory of their emitter.

I must ask, kindly good Sir,

HerpDerp.jpg

....it's been killing me...

Really? "Christians" don't believe in killing homosexuals?

Yes. Your leftists propaganda is wrong. Believe it or not. Not very many Christian churches are out there preaching death to homosexuals.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not really sure what "moderate Muslim" even means. Is it a range? Like ..... radical Muslim, moderate Muslim, liberal Muslim?

Your avatar proves that you are a much Realerer Patriot than those meany-head leftists. It is only from those with such avatars that glorious exclamations as the above are fit to emanate. Nay, even they must bow to the glory of their emitter.

I must ask, kindly good Sir,

Like I said, I don't understand dumbassery. :wassat1:

What an odd, fearful dream world you live in.

Congrats. You just described the kook left. :applaud

A kooker who finally got it right... :lamo

Well , perhaps they are so confused with being PC , they aren't sure which trend to follow today . Wait when did they ever make sense .

Back
Top Bottom