• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kenosha shooting suspect called a friend to say he 'killed somebody,' police say, and then shot two

i'm no legal expert, though I'd wager that there is a law against leaving the scene of a shooting and not notifying authorities immediately. If he had time to dial his buddy and brag about shooting someone, he could have called 911 requesting EMS.

A felon possessing a firearm violates Federal law, too. Is your hair on fire to prosecute Gaige Grosskreutz. Looting and burning are crimes. Why isn't your ass in the air about that? Instead, you condone the rioting, burning and deadly force by the insurgents, but when one person stands up to those ****ing idiots, you want him to go to jail. I'm going LOL my ass off when the Leftist insurgents burn your house down.

A felon possessing a firearm violates Federal law, too. Is your hair on fire to prosecute Gaige Grosskreutz. Looting and burning are crimes. Why isn't your ass in the air about that? Instead, you condone the rioting, burning and deadly force by the insurgents, but when one person stands up to those ****ing idiots, you want him to go to jail. I'm going LOL my ass off when the Leftist insurgents burn your house down.

Prosecute all those white bastards who ruined the peaceful BLM protest.

I've said nothing about looting or rioting. I said that I'd wager that there are laws about leaving the scene of a shooting and not reporting the incident right away. The kid walked right by law enforcement saying nothing and went home. And he was so in fear of his life that he had time to call someone and brag about killing someone..

Many on the left seem to think any action is justified because they are unhappy. Assualt, arson, robbery, burglary. Tearing down statues, attacking federal buildings and destroying property all see to be just OK with those folks.
My question is what is it you believe is the problem and what is you solution to correcting it. Keep in mind your opinions are not the only ones and compromise is usually necessary to get things done. Many americans do not see the violence to be OK in any form for any reason. Additionally how do you police crime in areas where there is a high amount of crime and of violent crimes? How should police respond to suspects who resist arrest, fight or assault police officers and in some cases use weapons, or try to take the officers weapons. So how should police deal with those situations?

You are asking me two questions that require two separate answers. I'll address your first question. I don't feel confident in addressing your second question. I'll leave that up to local governments and their law enforcement agencies.

"My question is what is it you believe is the problem and what is you solution to correcting it." The problem I think you are referring to is the actions of violent (or near violent) protesters.

I see it as a matter of "assault".

A legal dictionary defines assault as being dependent upon an intention of physical/bodily harm.

Assault legal definition of assault

Assault (under different names) can also be directed at physical property (statues, buildings, etc).

We already have laws and penalties that deal with such physical assault. Those laws must be enforced. Period.

But, in my opinion, a verbal assault...while not physical harm...is just as harmful to a person (if not more, depending upon the victim). For example, if you are minding your own business and someone suddenly comes up to you and starts screaming in your face, your first reaction is to go on the defensive. You feel threatened. A possible second reaction is to go on the offensive to remove the threat. I believe this second reaction is what those protesters desire because then THEY can say they were physically assaulted.

I don't think ANYONE should be legally required to endure a verbal assault. If a protester wants to stand on a street corner and yell at passers-by, fine. People have the recourse to ignore them and walk on. But when that protester gets in my way, gets in my face and yells directly at me, I see that as them not only verbally assaulting me, but impeding my right to go about my business.​

My solution.

Laws that define verbal assault, forbid verbal assault and impose strict penalties upon those who engage in verbal assault.

Laws that forbid and impose strict penalties upon those who impede a citizen's right to go about their business.

Strict enforcement of these laws.​

btw, these laws would also apply to protesters who block public walkways and streets without first receiving a permit from the local government. That means that any protester(s) or any demonstration that block the streets and impede traffic should be arrested, charged, convicted...and sentenced for their crime. Zero tolerance.

In my opinion, people who break the law by engaging in physical assault are anarchists. They reject the rule of law. I have no respect nor tolerance for such people and I have no respect nor tolerance for people who would respect or tolerate those anarchists.

Exactly what I said to my daughter, I said it doesn't matter if he was defending himself or not.....none of that matters when you CHOOSE to put yourself in that type of situation. He 100% might have been defending himself, he's still 100% a ****ing moron.

Stupid can get somebody killed. Or, in some cases, paralyzed.

You are asking me two questions that require two separate answers. I'll address your first question. I don't feel confident in addressing your second question. I'll leave that up to local governments and their law enforcement agencies.

"My question is what is it you believe is the problem and what is you solution to correcting it." The problem I think you are referring to is the actions of violent (or near violent) protesters.

I see it as a matter of "assault".

A legal dictionary defines assault as being dependent upon an intention of physical/bodily harm.

Assault legal definition of assault

Assault (under different names) can also be directed at physical property (statues, buildings, etc).

We already have laws and penalties that deal with such physical assault. Those laws must be enforced. Period.

But, in my opinion, a verbal assault...while not physical harm...is just as harmful to a person (if not more, depending upon the victim). For example, if you are minding your own business and someone suddenly comes up to you and starts screaming in your face, your first reaction is to go on the defensive. You feel threatened. A possible second reaction is to go on the offensive to remove the threat. I believe this second reaction is what those protesters desire because then THEY can say they were physically assaulted.

I don't think ANYONE should be legally required to endure a verbal assault. If a protester wants to stand on a street corner and yell at passers-by, fine. People have the recourse to ignore them and walk on. But when that protester gets in my way, gets in my face and yells directly at me, I see that as them not only verbally assaulting me, but impeding my right to go about my business.​

My solution.

Laws that define verbal assault, forbid verbal assault and impose strict penalties upon those who engage in verbal assault.

Laws that forbid and impose strict penalties upon those who impede a citizen's right to go about their business.

Strict enforcement of these laws.​

btw, these laws would also apply to protesters who block public walkways and streets without first receiving a permit from the local government. That means that any protester(s) or any demonstration that block the streets and impede traffic should be arrested, charged, convicted...and sentenced for their crime. Zero tolerance.

In my opinion, people who break the law by engaging in physical assault are anarchists. They reject the rule of law. I have no respect nor tolerance for such people and I have no respect nor tolerance for people who would respect or tolerate those anarchists.

God damn.

Unbelievable.

Mark this on your calendar folks.

I actually agree with just about 99% of what this guy said. I never agree with this guy. WTF is going on?!?

I've said nothing about looting or rioting. I said that I'd wager that there are laws about leaving the scene of a shooting and not reporting the incident right away. The kid walked right by law enforcement saying nothing and went home. And he was so in fear of his life that he had time to call someone and brag about killing someone..

Except to condone it, or lie and claim it isn't happening.

Except to condone it, or lie and claim it isn't happening.

Looters should be arrested. Peaceful protesters, no. The topic here however is a vigilante minor that took two lives and fled the scene and did not notify law enforcement or EMS.

Looters should be arrested. Peaceful protesters, no. The topic here however is a vigilante minor that took two lives and fled the scene and did not notify law enforcement or EMS.

You can't tell the difference...lol

Where did you get the information this guy has fantasied about killing or that he wanted to kill therefore he did?

His actions. You don't dress up like you're playing soldier, bring an assault rifle across straight lines into a potentially violent situation you have no connection to without hoping you'll get to shoot someone. This guy should spend his entire life in a prison cell.

His actions. You don't dress up like you're playing soldier, bring an assault rifle across straight lines into a potentially violent situation you have no connection to without hoping you'll get to shoot someone. This guy should spend his entire life in a prison cell.

So you looked at a 17 year olds clothes and know what was in his mind?

I hope you have some kind of job where you can put that talent to work.

Of all the things that is sick and disgusting about this whole situation is the picture I saw of this kid walking down the street almost arm in arm with cops right next to him, and no was trying to stop him, or question him...Nothing..

I mean, WTF!?!?!? Here's a kid who looks like he's 14 years old carrying a high power rifle, marching down the street in the middle of a violent situation and NO COP thought there was something wrong with that???

So you looked at a 17 year olds clothes and know what was in his mind?
I hope you have some kind of job where you can put that talent to work.

I said his actions. You're being intentionally dishonest. He wanted to play soldier and kill somebody and he did. Lock him up.

Of all the things that is sick and disgusting about this whole situation is the picture I saw of this kid walking down the street almost arm in arm with cops right next to him, and no was trying to stop him, or question him...Nothing..
I mean, WTF!?!?!? Here's a kid who looks like he's 14 years old carrying a high power rifle, marching down the street in the middle of a violent situation and NO COP thought there was something wrong with that???

If 2020 has taught us anything it's that the mentality of cops in America is toxic.

He's only 17. Not all of us made the brightest decisions at that age. Doesn't excuse it but it does put it into a little perspective.

True. At 17, to be that deep in belief that what he was doing was the right thing, this should be a trial on his support group that fostered and assisted in that flawed belief.

Just like a Rightie and a murderer, these days: one and the same.

You mad because one of your child molestor heroes got his ass smoked? :lamo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598568383749.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598568383749.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25

He didn't have an assault rifle.

True. At 17, to be that deep in belief that what he was doing was the right thing, this should be a trial on his support group that fostered and assisted in that flawed belief.

Should 17 y/o Liberals be held to the same standard?

You mad because one of your child molestor heroes got his ass smoked? :lamo

You know, when I think of fascists, armed right wing paramilitary groups with rifles and combat harness are exactly what comes to mind :lamo

He's only 17. Not all of us made the brightest decisions at that age. Doesn't excuse it but it does put it into a little perspective.

Audie Murphy was 17 when he enlisted.

You know, when I think of fascists, armed right wing paramilitary groups with rifles and combat harness are exactly what comes to mind :lamo

That displays a high level of ignorance.

No, of course not! Just something that looks and functions exactly like one, except for the automatic fire :lol:

Obviously it doesn't function like one...lol

Back
Top Bottom