• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keeping My Distance

That's why social distancing and hand-washing is important. Masks are more of an afterthought than a primary precaution; if people wear them, cool, but if they don't, no big deal. Masks are not the thing holding covid at bay, social distancing and hand-washing are.

And then there are people like my sister who can't wear a mask for medical reasons. It's just not any of my business if someone has a medical reason or not. I wear my mask, I social distance, I wash my hands. I do my part and go on with my day, and that's what I role model for you to do as well.

Masks reduce transmission reported from 17% without people wearing to masks to 3% with people wearing masks. You can thank the liars who lie claiming they have a medical excuse for skepticism about such claims. People have no justification for putting others at risk, and I'm done talking to you about it if you can't understand that.

WHO-backed study shows face masks can reduce coronavirus spread significantly – BGR

Because too many people HAVE NOT been masking up. Geezus, people are STUUUUPID.

Too much dumbassery like Trump's super-spreader events in DC and NH. Too many people that just can't stay out of bars and mega parties. Go to a package store, buy your favorite libation and stay the frigg HOME.

I've seen 90% masking when I'm out and about. There's no way there'll be 100%. 90% oughta be enough to make difference. Why isn't it?

Too much dumbassery like Trump's super-spreader events in DC and NH. Too many people that just can't stay out of bars and mega parties. Go to a package store, buy your favorite libation and stay the frigg HOME

But the riots have no effect?...lol

Wearing masks doesn't make the numbers go down dramatically. It prevents them from going up dramatically.

That's the worst argument ever.

You know, even when this virus thing is over, I still want most people to stay away from me. ;)

This is a good thread. Hey, make sure you vote for President Trump in November kids. Trust me, you don't want the Democrats controlling your lives and destroying your businesses.

Yeah, we know. Calm down. Literally everyone knows this and it doesn't change what I said.

No, there are deniers, and you have no right to put people at risk refusing to wear a mask. And as I've said, I'm done wasting time.

That's the worst argument ever.

How so? If you can prevent the numbers of infected from increasing dramatically, why wouldn't you?

How so? If you can prevent the numbers of infected from increasing dramatically, why wouldn't you?

You all have been pushing the coody codes arguing that it would cause infections to go down. Since that isn't happening, you're crawfishin snd say "well the infections are going up a loooot!"

if there's a mandate, just fine stores five hundred bucks for every maskless moron. there would be a very lucrative first sting, and then the problem would solve itself.

When I visited communist East Germany, I wondered if this country would ever be dragged into communism. Biden is the gateway drug for communism.

This is a good thread. Hey, make sure you vote for President Trump in November kids. Trust me, you don't want the Democrats controlling your lives and destroying your businesses.

I and millions of Americans will vote for Trump.

When I visited communist East Germany, I wondered if this country would ever be dragged into communism. Biden is the gateway drug for communism.

well, that's horse****, as he isn't even American far left, and America's political scale is skewed way right.

DC and NH still spiking in cases. Donnie still holding super-spreader events. None of the News Channels or Networks are sending crews into tonight's Trump Rally Super-spreader event as a means of protecting their personnel.

Gee Donnie really cares about the American people....holds these Super-speaders and then leaves town leaving the locals to deal with the damage. Nice President we have....real nice.

Last edited:
No, there are deniers, and you have no right to put people at risk refusing to wear a mask. And as I've said, I'm done wasting time.
They actually do have that right, tho.

No, they don't. Especially morally.
Yes, they do, medically speaking.

And covid isn't even a big deal even if you do catch it. Most people don't even show symptoms.

You all have been pushing the coody codes arguing that it would cause infections to go down. Since that isn't happening, you're crawfishin snd say "well the infections are going up a loooot!"

No one said it would cause infections to go down. You are just assuming this as a convenient straw man and are making a foolish argument that if something doesn't make the number of infections go down, then it must therefore not be of any use.

Obviously, preventing infections from going up is the next best thing to making them go down. Why must it be all or nothing in your eyes?

No one said it would cause infections to go down. You are just assuming this as a convenient straw man and are making a foolish argument that if something doesn't make the number of infections go down, then it must therefore not be of any use.

Obviously, preventing infections from going up is the next best thing to making them go down. Why must it be all or nothing in your eyes?

Ohhhhhh, really? :lamo

Y'all are actually blaming Trump for every single death, but now you're saying none of that was intended to make the infection go down...LMAO!!

Ohhhhhh, really? :lamo

Y'all are actually blaming Trump for every single death, but now you're saying none of that was intended to make the infection go down...LMAO!!

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Are you celebrating the fact that wearing masks and social distancing wasn't a magic cure for COVID-19 and that people are still becoming infected and dying even with mitigating measures?

If so, I still don't understand how you get from "masks didn't magically solve the problem" to "masks are useless." Speed limits don't magically solve the problem of speeding. Do you think they are useless too?

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Are you celebrating the fact that wearing masks and social distancing wasn't a magic cure for COVID-19 and that people are still becoming infected and dying even with mitigating measures?

If so, I still don't understand how you get from "masks didn't magically solve the problem" to "masks are useless." Speed limits don't magically solve the problem of speeding. Do you think they are useless too?

Masks are useless at stopping the spread. I've never said anything else.

it's going to take America some time to clean up the mess of these types of people.

Is it ever. And now these low lives feel entitled.

Even more difficult will be regaining our former place on the world stage.... this we can't even hope to recoup completely.

Masks are useless at stopping the spread. I've never said anything else.

What a blatantly ignorant lie.

How do you figure NY went from a 25% infection rate to less than 1%?

We been masking up for three months. Why aren't the kung flu numbers going down at least significantly, if not dramatically?

It should be obvious by now. Democrats want to incite as much terror as possible prior to the election, and the insistence of using masks and social distancing (which we know has no effect) are their symbols to perpetuate that terror. The day after the election masks and social distancing will cease to be a Democrat requirement and COVID-19 will magically disappear. This is entirely a Democrat contrivance to influence the election.

What a blatantly ignorant lie.

How do you figure NY went from a 25% infection rate to less than 1%?

It didn't have **** to do with wearing masks.

Back
Top Bottom