• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Mearsheimer on Putin's Invasion of Ukraine

Care to share some salient points?
Many posters, it seems, are simply unable to talk for themselves and must rely on others to speak for them. So sad. So so sad.

I started a new thread that I think works as a reply to the above.

Jesus dude, supporting a country that has been unjustly invaded by another is not neoconservatism.

Jesus dude, supporting a country that has been unjustly invaded by another is not neoconservatism.

Dood, you're using faulty and binary logic.

Dood, you're using faulty and binary logic.

How so? You're the one calling everyone who isn't a complete pacifist a neocon.

I'm guessing you think George Orwell was a neocon for supporting and fighting for the anarchists during the Spanish Civil War?

Last edited:
How so? You're the one calling everyone who isn't a complete pacifist a neocon.

Get past the provocative title of that thread.

I'm not a complete pacifist, by the way. I've never excused Russia's aggression. I've said that the war needs to be stopped.

Get past the provocative title of that thread.

I'm not a complete pacifist, by the way. I've never excused Russia's aggression. I've said that the war needs to be stopped.

Of course the war needs to be stopped. And it will stop when Putin stops invading.

Lazy debate tactics.

"HERE!!! Watch this one and a half hour talking head video!!"

No @sanman ! I WILL NOT sit through a 1.5 hour snoozefest attempting to glean what YOU might think is valid!
You watched it? Wonderful, do a URL at current time listing of what you think are salient points or write a short summary.
Then, I might skip to say perhaps 0:35 or 2:16 or 1:18:09 and listen to the specifics.
What odds would you put on the OP not watching the whole thing?

What odds would you put on the OP not watching the whole thing?

None because I don't give two shits about Mearsheimer or any other Putin-fluffer.
Simply put, this is a war over democracy versus dictatorship.
Everything else counts but that's still THE BIGGEST factor.

Putin wins, goodbye global democracies, starting with our own.
Enter fascist dictatorship.

Putin wants to restore some kind of Imperial Russian Empire within his own borders? We can't really stop him, but the fact is, he's not satisfied with
"only within his borders" and never was. He's after global conquest...he actually thinks he can pull it off, and if he did, it's guaranteed he would loot
every central bank in every vanquished country until he was flush with the cash he needs to sustain his vision.

It's democracy versus Putin's dream of global dictatorship, and I'm 65 years old and if I'm going to go out, I'd prefer going out doing
something/anything within my power to keep my kids safe from a madman like him or his goons.
If it's not enough, at least I know I tried my best.

Putin's latest TV rant specifically defined democracy AS the enemy. He said it openly, on the air.

Back
Top Bottom