• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I've Watched Everything About The Zimmerman Trial Which Has Been Televised To Date

Re: I've Watched Everything About The Zimmerman Trial Which Has Been Televised To Dat

As far is OJ is concerned, I watched a great deal of that trial every day and argued about it at the office and bet several people that OJ would be acquitted because the state not only didn't prove their case, they had incredibly incompetent witnesses and crime scene "professionals" almost all of whom should have been fired after the trial. In some respects, the same can be said for this trial.

But the extra problem here, for the prosecution, is that they really have no case and certainly no case to convict on second degree murder and even manslaughter would be a large stretch at this point. In OJ, they had the evidence to convict and incompetence killed all chance at justice. Here, the only just verdict is an acquittal because there is no case and the murder charges should never have been laid.

Do you remember the OJ Simpson trial? Specifically Mark Fuhrman's activities associated with the handling of evidence? When the defense came up with the recording of Fuhrman using the word nigger the whole case for the prosecution fell flat. The retrial in civil court produced a settlement for the Brown family which still entitles them to anything OJ gats his hands on except his pension. I was more elated when Simpson finally ended up in prison than just about any other trial's outcome which I've seen or heard about. He willfully sought out and murdered his wife and her friend.

Re: I've Watched Everything About The Zimmerman Trial Which Has Been Televised To Dat

Do you remember the OJ Simpson trial? Specifically Mark Fuhrman's activities associated with the handling of evidence? When the defense came up with the recording of Fuhrman using the word nigger the whole case for the prosecution fell flat. The retrial in civil court produced a settlement for the Brown family which still entitles them to anything OJ gats his hands on except his pension. I was more elated when Simpson finally ended up in prison than just about any other trial's outcome which I've seen or heard about. He willfully sought out and murdered his wife and her friend.

I agree - but that's part of the principle of judgement by your peers and innocence until proven guilty. It's a high bar for prosecutors, but that's how it should be.

Civil cases are far more suspect, in my view, but an important part of life in a civilized world.

Do you remember the OJ Simpson trial? Specifically Mark Fuhrman's activities associated with the handling of evidence? When the defense came up with the recording of Fuhrman using the word nigger the whole case for the prosecution fell flat. The retrial in civil court produced a settlement for the Brown family which still entitles them to anything OJ gats his hands on except his pension. I was more elated when Simpson finally ended up in prison than just about any other trial's outcome which I've seen or heard about. He willfully sought out and murdered his wife and her friend

Not guilty

OJ committed no crime

Get over it

No it is not sharon.
It is what happened.

If TM was committing any criminal activity, why didn't George call 911?

Ah, GZ's driving in the rain, prior to his walking in the rain set TM off. It is a good thing that nobody else got out of their car and walked toward TM, as they might have been beaten to death.

George wasn't out for an evening walk.. He was looking for TM. The jurors will make that distinction.

Not guilty

OJ committed no crime

Get over it

Right!?!?

My point exactly. OJ sliced and diced his coyote ex-wife and assumed (by OJ,) boyfriend, but for reasons you guys have mentioned, was found "not guilty." Therefore, he "commited no crime," by our standards of justice.

And people should get over it. I did.

And when/if GZ is found not guilty, and there is rioting in the streets, I will borrow your elequent synopsis and say,

"Not guilty.
GZ committed no crime.
Get over it."

Do you think they will listen?

Ironically, many of the same people who are happy OJ walked want to see GZ hung from the yardarms. I wonder why that is?

George wasn't out for an evening walk.. He was looking for TM. The jurors will make that distinction.

What? GZ stated that he was on the way to the store and thought TM's actions were suspicious, called the police NEN, lost sight of TM (while waiting for/talking to police) and left his vehicle to try to (re)locate TM's current position/direction.

Not guilty

OJ committed no crime

Get over it

Yeah...pure coincidence that when he got home(in his Bronco) the limo driver was parked waiting on him(He said he was hitting golf balls at 10:00 PM and lost track of the time) and then that he crushed a glass in his hand and left a cut when he got word in Chicago that his wife had been murdered. If you believe that load of horse **** I know a real good bridge I'll sell you at a bargain price.

Yeah...pure coincidence that when he got home(in his Bronco) the limo driver was parked waiting on him(He was hitting golf balls at 10:00 PM) and then that he crushed a glass in his hand and left a cut when he got word in Chicago that his wife had been murdered. If you believe that load of horse **** I know a real good bridge I'll sell you at a bargain price.

You cannot chose to abide only when the verdict is in your grace

Whether OJ is a *bad, immoral dude or not....it does not matter.

OJ was found not guilty

If TM was committing any criminal activity, why didn't George call 911?
You already know why sharon. So why the game?
He called the NEN on a suspicious person.

You cannot chose to abide only when the verdict is in your grace

Whether OJ is a *bad, immoral dude or not....it does not matter.

OJ was found not guilty

I repeat.....if Mark Fuhrman hadn't been heard saying nigger numerous times and the defense had not produced witnesses of it the man who came home late with a cut hand in a Bronco which was identified by a neighbor as being at the scene of the crime, bloody socks and a flight scheduled within an hour to Chicago who the hell doesn't know he was guilty. The prosecution just got out lawyered. Every greedy lawyer in the country volunteered for that duty. Why not?? Big record setting pro football player, movie actor, star in rental car ads etc. If that had been a case of just another black guy murdering his wife and her friend it would have barely made the news much less having a long trial watched by nearly everyone in the country with a TV set.

After the verdict for the Browns in the civil trial he became a marked man. He went downhill from there.
If Zimmerman is found innocent he will not be able to ever walk the streets alone for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

I repeat.....if Mark Fuhrman hadn't been heard saying nigger numerous times and the defense had not produced witnesses of it the man who came home late with a cut hand in a Bronco which was identified by a neighbor as being at the scene of the crime, bloody socks and a flight scheduled within an hour to Chicago who the hell doesn't know he was guilty. The prosecution just got out lawyered. Every greedy lawyer in the country volunteered for that duty. Why not?? Big record setting pro football player, movie actor, star in rental car ads etc. If that had been a case of just another black guy murdering his wife and her friend it would have barely made the news much less having a long trial watched by nearly everyone in the country with a TV set.

After the verdict for the Browns in the civil trial he became a marked man. He went downhill from there.
If Zimmerman is found innocent he will not be able to ever walk the streets alone for the rest of his life.

This is what criminal trails are all about....It's not about seeking, the truth or innocence

Do not mixed a not guilty verdict with one being *innocence*

Never claimed Z's innocence....just not guilty due to the *testing* of the evidence

That's why one must learn, the evidence

This is what criminal trails are all about....It's not about seeking, the truth or innocence

Do not mixed a not guilty verdict with one being *innocence*

Never claimed Z's innocence....just not guilty due to the *testing* of the evidence

That's why one must learn, the evidence

Right now I'd bet on manslaughter.....2 to 5.

If a man kills another in a bar fight a manslaughter sentence is fairly common. This wasn't even a fair fist fight. Ordinary people with no expectations don't follow someone they don't even know with a loaded gun. Zimmerman is as guilty as sin. If he had followed the 911 operator's instructions Treyvon Martin would be alive and we could hear his side of the story.

Last edited:

Zimmerman was NOT told to stop following Martin. He was told that they didn't need him to keep following. I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand the difference.

:doh
No you couldn't, because you are misrepresenting the evidence, and there was nothing illegal about those activities.

But would Treyvon Martin be alive if the cop wannabe hadn't ignored the instructions from the 911 operator. Hell yes he would. The police would have arrived and found out the kid was visiting his father and his father's fiancée. Oh!! I forgot....they would have also found out he was armed with a drink and some candy.

But would Treyvon Martin be alive if the cop wannabe hadn't ignored the instructions from the 911 operator. Hell yes he would. The police would have arrived and found out the kid was visiting his father and his father's fiancée. Oh!! I forgot....they would have also found out he was armed with a drink and some candy.

Assuming he would still be alive also assumes he wouldn't have approached George Z while he was in his vehicle and attacked him.

Assuming he would still be alive also assumes he wouldn't have approached George Z while he was in his vehicle and attacked him.

TM had to walk past George's car to get home.. Look at the layout of the community.

Hell yes he wouldn't. Duh!
He didn't ignore the instructions. Duh!

You don't know the evidence.
Come back when you learn it.

That's a bold faced lie. Testimony has already put Zimmerman at or beyond 100 ft. from his truck. He followed the boy. The boy had done nothing. If the son-of-a-bitch did me the same way he had better have a gun.

No....you're wrong. In the replay of Zimmerman's own walk through and explanation to the police which was recorded a day or two after the incident he told them he was about 100 ft. from his truck. In fact he had moved on further than that toward where the kid was near the back of the complex. You haven't even been watching the trial have you?

That's a bold faced lie. Testimony has already put Zimmerman at or beyond 100 ft. from his truck. He followed the boy. The boy had done nothing. If the son-of-a-bitch did me the same way he had better have a gun.
Wrong!
No....you're wrong. In the replay of Zimmerman's own walk through and explanation to the police which was recorded a day or two after the incident he told them he was about 100 ft. from his truck. In fact he had moved on further than that toward where the kid was near the back of the complex. You haven't even been watching the trial have you?
Pay attention to that which is being replied to.
It was not a bold face lie.
As is obvious, my reply had nothing to do with you saying anything about any measurement.

Pay attention to that which is being replied to.
It was not a bold face lie.
As is obvious, my reply had nothing to do with you saying anything about any measurement.

You said the boy attacked him his truck.....that's a bold faced lie.

You said the boy attacked him his truck.....that's a bold faced lie.
Do'h!

No I didn't.
iLOL
:lamo

Do'h!

No I didn't.
iLOL
:lamo

My sincere apologies sir.....It was Phoenix. Here's his/her post:

"Assuming he would still be alive also assumes he wouldn't have approached George Z while he was in his vehicle and attacked him."

Back
Top Bottom