• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there such a thing as an English ethnicity?

You may not have raised the issue in the first place, and I certainly didn't, but you've been happy to discuss Israel until the point at which I make one reference to it, then I'm the one apparently derailing my whole thread.

Easiest way to derail a thread on these boards. Apocalypse may not have started it, but he surely as kept it going and secured the derailing of the thread. One could almost say as usual no consequences for doing such things.. well for some people.

Easiest way to derail a thread on these boards. Apocalypse may not have started it, but he surely as kept it going and secured the derailing of the thread. One could almost say as usual no consequences for doing such things.. well for some people.

Throughout this thread the only times where I was debating Israel was when a person (and her name is alexa) was making a remark regarding the subject (Israel), a remark that I found to be false and had the right to correct.

One can easily see in your post the pattern that surrounds such subjects - you choose to "criticize" a poster for correcting another poster's words, claiming he was off-topic while doing so, all the while you choose not to say a word about the one who has actually started the off-topic debate, the one who should be in accordance with the forum's rules punished for the action.
You didn't even mention her name.
It's like a cult.

Well ... I think this thread has truly run its course.

Besides we all know it is not a proper thread if Israel has not been weaved into the discussion somehow.

Well ... I think this thread has truly run its course.

Besides we all know it is not a proper thread if Israel has not been weaved into the discussion somehow.

Yes, this thread has ran its course, but not because of this diversion to the subject of Israel.
I have already summed up all of the required information passages regarding this thread's subject in this post:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/78081-there-such-thing-english-ethnicity-4.html#post1058889441

I have yet to see someone actually trying to debunk those.

Yes, this thread has ran its course, but not because of this diversion to the subject of Israel.
I have already summed up all of the required information passages regarding this thread's subject in this post:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/78081-there-such-thing-english-ethnicity-4.html#post1058889441

I have yet to see someone actually trying to debunk those.

I agree, it's run its course and, little diversions aside, it was a very interesting discussion. Apo, you made some very good points, some of which I agree with, some not. I have just ordered that book by Robert JC Young, although it's fiendishly expensive, and may have a chat with you about it further. I would say that you seem to place a little too much faith in the objectivity of wikipedia. It is a good place to start research, just not a good place to stop.

You mean like every press in the world?

I don't see BBC's bias personally :shrug:

THose in the middle of the forest seldom see the trees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom