• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there a doctor in the house?

That could very well be. My husband was always sensitive to laundry detergents that had enzymes in them, so I spent almost thirty years buying wonderful smelling detergent for my clothes, and plain old non-scented, no-enzyme detergent for his. :lol:

I love the nice smelling detergent. I use Gain. It has a really pleasant smell and not too strong. :)

If you're going to a pharmacy for the cream, ask the pharmacist's advice. When you mentioned bruising, getting bigger, it sounded like a broken blood vessel leaking into the skin, but dark red doesn't sound like a bruise. If you have no other symptoms, then allergy/irritation seems more likely.
I'm a nurse, but in mental health. How do you feel about this spot/rash?

I thought you were offering her some therapy for her rash. :mrgreen: I was going to say that she probably feels pissed off and annoyed by it.

I love the nice smelling detergent. I use Gain. It has a really pleasant smell and not too strong. :)

I love the smell of Gain, but I have discovered Meyer's lavender scented. :mrgreen:

I love the smell of Gain, but I have discovered Meyer's lavender scented. :mrgreen:

I've never heard of Meyer's. I do like lavender scent though.

It's one of those products you can find in health food stores and such, but our local target carries it for a much better price.

https://www.mysupermarket.com/landi...ign=Google&utm_content=CPC48300&banner=248300

I usually do my grocery and toiletries shopping at Walmart, but I don't believe I've ever seen that kind of laundry soap. They might not carry it in my area. Oh well, Gain has lavender scent too. Now that you've given me the idea, I'll try the lavender Gain. :mrgreen:

Coming into this thread a bit late. I am a cardiac RN so don't deal with bites anymore. Many years before working in hospital I took care of a couple patients with brown recluse bites. They were very late in the stage and were having necrosis of the flesh.................way,,way,,,after the initial bite and waited too long for help.

It is pretty hard to be accurate in diagnosing a spider bite from the skin appearance. Usually the symptoms aid in that diagnosis. You did not mention chills, headaches, cramping , and fatigue which is a good thing for you.

It appears the cortisone cream is resolving so you can take a deep breath.

If we all knew how many spiders crawl over us at night we would all freak out.

I freak out in the middle of the night when I feel something crawl on me. I jump up out of the bed and throw the covers back, but never see anything. :shrug: Then I get up the next morning and have a bite on my leg.

I freak out in the middle of the night when I feel something crawl on me. I jump up out of the bed and throw the covers back, but never see anything. :shrug: Then I get up the next morning and have a bite on my leg.

That's happened to me before too. What a bad feeling. I freaking hate spiders. And cicadas. And June bugs.

*Shudder

I remember reading something a while back about how many spiders people ingest while sleeping in their lifetime.

Ack!!!!

Just don't use webmd

3q8a83.jpg

I know, right? :lol: Seriously, I had an episode with a series of extremely uncomfortable symptoms that had lasted about four hours, so I went to WebMD and logged in the symptoms and can you guess the diagnosis? It was, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY! Oh yeah, really made my day, lol!

Why do you bite your own leg? :shock:

. Many years before working in hospital I took care of a couple patients with brown recluse bites.

If we all knew how many spiders crawl over us at night we would all freak out.

I really have to point out that the concept of getting bitten by spiders while you are sleeping (and waking up with a 'spider bite', is totally mythical.

Spiders don't crawl on you at night- they have little reason to, unless you are sleeping with a whole lot of bugs for them to hunt. Even then, it would be a daddy long legs type spider which can't bite humans.

Brown Recluse and black widow spiders can bite, but they live in dark places and in webs, and won't be found walking around the bedroom.

Moreover, spiders tend not to bite humans, and when they do, it hurts. Definitely enough to wake someone up.
Isn't it odd that 99% of people who have 'spider bites' never get bit during the day?

I really have to point out that the concept of getting bitten by spiders while you are sleeping (and waking up with a 'spider bite', is totally mythical.

Spiders don't crawl on you at night- they have little reason to, unless you are sleeping with a whole lot of bugs for them to hunt. Even then, it would be a daddy long legs type spider which can't bite humans.

Brown Recluse and black widow spiders can bite, but they live in dark places and in webs, and won't be found walking around the bedroom.

Moreover, spiders tend not to bite humans, and when they do, it hurts. Definitely enough to wake someone up.
Isn't it odd that 99% of people who have 'spider bites' never get bit during the day?

Of course, this isn't absolute. My ex husband was bitten by a brown recluse in our bedroom. It might be karma, I'm not sure, but either way, he was bitten. It was dark (late at night) but not dusky or damp. Just a normal bedroom. :shrug:

Of course, this isn't absolute. My ex husband was bitten by a brown recluse in our bedroom. It might be karma, I'm not sure, but either way, he was bitten. It was dark (late at night) but not dusky or damp. Just a normal bedroom. :shrug:

Did he notice when it happened?

For more info, including a map of where you'll find BR spiders, go to:

http://spiders.ucr.edu/avoidbites.html

aren't you ignoring the various other types of roaming spiders like the Lycosidae family?

aren't you ignoring the various other types of roaming spiders like the Lycosidae family?

Wolf spiders certainly roam around, but if they bit you, you'd know it.

I guess I'm really hitting the myth that I have heard over and over and over again... someone wakes up with a funny bump and rash, and says its a 'spider bite'. Its tends to be the default lay diagnosis, and virtually is never correct. Spider bites are painful. You'd know it was a spider if you got bit. But its a myth that persists.

from personal experience, you can usually see the fang marks, as well. Reminds me of something I read from a researcher about all the BR spiders he gets sent that are actually misidentified

Did he notice when it happened?

For more info, including a map of where you'll find BR spiders, go to:

UCR Spiders Site: How to Avoid Bites

He laid down to go to sleep at about 830 at night. I heard him cry out that something bit him. He jumped up out of bed, and I ran in there. We yanked off the covers, but didn't see anything. He didn't think much about it, until a little while later when he started getting really sick. We took him to the ER, and the doctor said that the bite was indicative of a brown recluse (red ring with a white center) and that's what they treated him for. He ended up losing a big chunk of flesh, but it wasn't as bad as some, because he went to the ER within a couple of hours.

When I was married to him, we lived in North Alabama, which was in the red zone. Thankfully now, I do not.

Hmmm. Thankful that you dont live in North Alabama, thankful that you dont live in BR spider range, or thankful you're not married to him?

Or all three?:)

Hmmm. Thankful that you dont live in North Alabama, thankful that you dont live in BR spider range, or thankful you're not married to him?

Or all three?:)

Well, all three were actually a nightmare, in and of themselves. :D So my question is YES, to all 3! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom