• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Flu in the witness protection program?

You have not proven anything, despite the "I hate repeating myself" nonsense.
Read the OP and respond to the OP instead of your usual snide comments.

I'm sure you're an expert on the flu too; so bring us your knowledge. I'm all eyes. 👀
No one needs to be an expert on the flu, it's just a simple matter of looking up data that contradicts the OP's claim.

Read the OP and respond to the OP instead of your usual snide comments.

I do not need to, it is an question rooted in anecdotal ignorance. Even if the numbers are down they are not zero, just as other flu seasons that were not as impacting as others.

Looking for things to be a flat line year to year is absurd on your part.

You have proven nothing... again.

I do not need to, it is an question rooted in anecdotal ignorance. Even if the numbers are down they are not zero, just as other flu seasons that were not as impacting as others.

Looking for things to be a flat line year to year is absurd on your part.

You have proven nothing... again.
The flu down to almost zero and to you, that doesn't mean it disappeared? Masks work for COVID even though millions were infected and died? This lunacy that "masks work" must stop. What you're saying is that masks "work" for the Flu but noty against COVID and the left is too dumb to see the illogic of their claims.

Last edited:
I am not looking for a link to an opinion from a blogger. Thanks anyway.

Well, we know you don’t trust doctors either, nor scientists, nor the government. I guess it’s only some Manhattan real estate huckster you trust- you sophisticated skeptic you.

But anyway, for what it’s worth:

The flu down to almost zero and to you, that doesn't mean it disappeared? Masks work for COVID even though millions were infected and died? This lunacy that "masks work" must stop.

No, that means infections and deaths are unusually low this year and last. Which should be a good thing as less hospitalizations and deaths should be welcomed, at least until conspiracy theory lunatics rant on about masks and social distancing.

Well, we know you don’t trust doctors either, nor scientists, nor the government. I guess it’s only some Manhattan real estate huckster you trust- you sophisticated skeptic you.

But anyway, for what it’s worth:

The article is from September of 2020!!!!

Unprecedented efforts to control respiratory viruses resulted in lower incidence of respiratory viral infections?

THIS SURE SEEMS SUSPICIOUS!!!!

No, that means infections and deaths are unusually low this year and last. Which should be a good thing as less hospitalizations and deaths should be welcomed, at least until conspiracy theory lunatics rant on about masks and social distancing.
Low means nearly zero. How did that happen is the question.

Millions of infections and a whiole ton of deaths. If you call that "masks work", let me know.

LOL, I can't tell if you're really just that ignorant, or lying like Tucker. So I'll just purse my lips and shake my head in disbelief.

Unprecedented efforts to control respiratory viruses resulted in lower incidence of respiratory viral infections?

THIS SURE SEEMS SUSPICIOUS!!!!

The logic behind that escapes me

Trying to control respiratory viral infections helped prevent respiratory viral infections, why that is just impossible

We all know social distancing does not work, masks don't work, sanitizing does not work, nothing works to prevent the sniffles. Not even the deadly Trump vaccines that change our DNA

Why is this such a big mystery?

All the drastic measures taken to control Covid, like masks, closure of schools and day care, closure of offices, social distancing, etc… have also be effective in curbing the transmission of influenza.

I hope you are right.

They certainly have not been effective fighting COVID.

You don't have a clue as to what a CT is.

It looks exactly like this: "All I can figure is Big Pharm has the flu under lock and key until they steal a trillion more dollars from the public."

Often punctuated by multiple responses to the same comment.

1648824564415.png

LOL, I can't tell if you're really just that ignorant, or lying like Tucker. So I'll just purse my lips and shake my head in disbelief.

Don't hurt yourself.

All I can figure is Big Pharm has the flu under lock and key until they steal a trillion more dollars from the public. "They" being Big Pharm and gubment officials who have millions invested in Big Pharm. I hear there have been some spottings of Mr. flu but he always goes back into hiding. If anyone has Mr. Flu, capture him and bring him back, and put the above mafia bosses out of business.

Indeed.

A vast conspiracy is much more likely than you being mistaken about the world, right?

The flu down to almost zero and to you, that doesn't mean it disappeared? Masks work for COVID even though millions were infected and died? This lunacy that "masks work" must stop. What you're saying is that masks "work" for the Flu but noty against COVID and the left is too dumb to see the illogic of their claims.
So what you're telling me is that you think:

-Unprecedented number of people wearing masks
-People washing their hands way more often
-People staying home more readily when symptomatic/calling out sick
-People staying further apart
-Closing businesses
-Open businesses implementing additional cleaning/masking/social distancing requirements

Should have ZERO effect on Influenza

And you ALSO don't understand why two different viruses might not respond in exactly the same way?

The simple question is....If masks "work" why have there been so many infections and deaths in the states that wear them?

Some complete blithering idiots have said that the reason the flu went away is because of masks and can cite no science to back up that claim but just regurgitate what some blogger, TV personality, or jerk with initials behind his or her name said. This claim negates any claim that masks work against COVID but those on the left don't realize this because they are not taught reason and logic in high skool. What they are saying when they claim this is that "The flu is less infectious than Covid (with no proof of that) and because it is less infectious, the masks worked against the flu and that is why the flu is in the witness protection program." The left doesn't realize that in making that claim the masks work against the flu that they are essentially saying maks do NOT work against Covid.

The simple question is....If masks "work" why have there been so many infections and deaths in the states that wear them?

Some complete blithering idiots have said that the reason the flu went away is because of masks and can cite no science to back up that claim but just regurgitate what some blogger, TV personality, or jerk with initials behind his or her name said. This claim negates any claim that masks work against COVID but those on the left don't realize this because they are not taught reason and logic in high skool. What they are saying when they claim this is that "The flu is less infectious than Covid (with no proof of that) and because it is less infectious, the masks worked against the flu and that is why the flu is in the witness protection program." The left doesn't realize that in making that claim the masks work against the flu that they are essentially saying maks do NOT work against Covid.

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time arguing against a litany of stupid, bad-faith strawman arguments. When you can find anyone of consequence who actually made those specific arguments and you're ready to discuss it like a grownup, feel free to PM me.

It looks exactly like this: "All I can figure is Big Pharm has the flu under lock and key until they steal a trillion more dollars from the public."

Often punctuated by multiple responses to the same comment.

View attachment 67383352
The truth is not a CT. Big Pharm has raked in billions with the help of politicians and government officials.

Back
Top Bottom