• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it Possible to Have a Plutonic Relationship?

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is it possible to have a plutonic relationship with a woman if you're a man and you both are hetero?

My life experience tells me, "no". If you like each other, eventually you're going to fool around. That's just the way it is.

Is it possible to have a plutonic relationship with a woman if you're a man and you both are hetero?

My life experience tells me, "no". If you like each other, eventually you're going to fool around. That's just the way it is.

lol...yes, it is possible to have a platonic relationship with a woman if you're a man and you both are hetero...ya damn horn dog...lol...

lol...yes, it is possible to have a platonic relationship with a woman if you're a man and you both are hetero...ya damn horn dog...lol...

It has nothing to do with being a horndog. It has to do with what comes naturally.

And, "who". :)

Of course it is. And no, not every male/female relationship has to or should come down to sex.

Yes of course

No, thats not the way it is . . there are plenty of girls i loke that i will never be messing around with becasue im not attracted to them in that way

"Plutonic"?

"Hey baby! I love Uranus but maybe we can take things a little farther."

Of course it's possible, and it does indeed happen. But I do agree, that it often happens - else-wise. Hey, human nature, what can I say? :mrgreen:

Oh; I must add:

The chance of a relationship remaining platonic, is inversely proportional to the amount and frequency of joint alcohol consumption. You can take that to the bank!

I have a Plutonic relstionship with my fiance, she's half my size and our barycenter lies outside my body.

Of course it is. And no, not every male/female relationship has to or should come down to sex.

Ok, it's possible. How likely is it? Perhaps that should have been my question.

Yes of course

No, thats not the way it is . . there are plenty of girls i loke that i will never be messing around with becasue im not attracted to them in that way

If you really like her, you're attracted to her. I'm telling you that's just the way it is. Don't argue with me, kiddo :)

"Plutonic"?

"Hey baby! I love Uranus but maybe we can take things a little farther."

Baby, let's you and I take a trip to Uranus and I promise you that afterwards - your troubles will be all behind you.

Maybe I am a "playa". I'm also a realist.

To each their own. I have friends that are women that I have no desire to bang, despite noticing their obvious attractiveness. For a multitude of reasons...lol... So it is possible. Case closed... lol :)

Oh; I must add:

The chance of a relationship remaining platonic, is inversely proportional to the amount and frequency of joint alcohol consumption. You can take that to the bank!

:lamo Choices, bud, choices. Knowledge is power...

To each their own. I have friends that are women that I have no desire to bang, despite noticing their obvious attractiveness. For a multitude of reasons...lol... So it is possible. Case closed... lol :)

In my scenario you are both unattached.

I have a Plutonic relstionship with my fiance, she's half my size and our barycenter lies outside my body.

Not sure if I should high five you for being dropping an epic troll, or congratulate you on finding a partner so perfectly suited to meet your requirements for happiness...

If you really like her, you're attracted to her. I'm telling you that's just the way it is. Don't argue with me, kiddo :)

not a kiddo
(yes i remember where this joke is coming from lol)

and no it just doesnt work for me like that, there are plenty of women i like that im definitely not attracted to in that way to cause me to fool around with them.

its a mix of things that i need and just "liking" a girl as a person isnt enough.
(that would be horrible actually im just thinking about how many friends ihave that are girls that i like . . .lol )

In my scenario you are both unattached.

Yeah...even back then. It was more just an "is it worth it" thing when I was single... Like, was it worth messing up a good friendship, was it worth the drama, was it worth changing my mind about someone else (when considering pursuing an attachment)...that kind of thing. There were enough reasons to keep things platonic with some "friends who were girls"...hehe...

Yeah...even back then. It was more just an "is it worth it" thing when I was single... Like, was it worth messing up a good friendship, was it worth the drama, was it worth changing my mind about someone else (when considering pursuing an attachment)...that kind of thing. There were enough reasons to keep things platonic with some "friends who were girls"...hehe...

You got a point. Once you pass that line even if just for one night , things will never be the same. So , yes, is it worth it.

Not sure if I should high five you for being dropping an epic troll, or congratulate you on finding a partner so perfectly suited to meet your requirements for happiness...

Not wishing to offend but I honestly thought he was trying to say she's a spinner.
Apologies if that's not what he meant.

Ok, it's possible. How likely is it? Perhaps that should have been my question.

I don't start friendships with the thought in mind that at some point "we're going to sleep together". When you go "there" you change the entire dynamics and could be forfeiting a person you just like to hang out with and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom