• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it Possible to Have a Plutonic Relationship?

Is it possible to have a plutonic relationship with a woman if you're a man and you both are hetero?

My life experience tells me, "no". If you like each other, eventually you're going to fool around. That's just the way it is.

I don't think that I agree. I don't think most people just start ****ing all of the time.

I don't know, maybe very attractive people just get used to people jumping their bones, I'm not really sure. But for the rest of us average looking schlubs, I can't say just being friends with a woman means that I'm going to be sleeping with them. In fact, I can pretty confidently state that it does not.

I don't think that I agree. I don't think most people just start ****ing all of the time.

I don't know, maybe very attractive people just get used to people jumping their bones, I'm not really sure. But for the rest of us average looking schlubs, I can't say just being friends with a woman means that I'm going to be sleeping with them. In fact, I can pretty confidently state that it does not.

It has nothing to do with looks. It has to do with human nature. If you like each other you're usually attracted to each other as well. The rest is biology.

It has nothing to do with looks. It has to do with human nature. If you like each other you're usually attracted to each other as well. The rest is biology.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. "Attracted" means a lot of different, very inequivalent things. You can be attracted to someone as a friend and not want to boink them.

yes but for me it is platonic freindship

I'm pretty sure that's not true. "Attracted" means a lot of different, very inequivalent things. You can be attracted to someone as a friend and not want to boink them.

I meant that if your friend is of the gender to which you are usually attracted.

Two words come to mind, "self control". Second, if you want to boink every girl you meet, you need professional help. I have seen a lot of men in the corporate world lose their jobs because their egos thought that every woman who was nice to them was game. I worked in an atmosphere where I interacted with dozens of attractive women, both customers and fellow employees on a daily basis. My philosophy was, would I trade my wife for any one of these women. The answer was always no. That is how I remained married for over 40 years and know hundreds of women who consider me a friend. So my answer is yes it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom