• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Biden a Weak President?

Is Biden a weakling?

• Total voters
The claim about 'reducing the fossil fuel introductory is false.

Really?

Can we really not think up any better poll questions than whether Biden is poopy? Even if the question we go with has to be painfully vapid, can it at least not be one that every single responder already answers on a daily basis on DP?
LOL somebody call the waambulance! :LOL:

We drive a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and are far from having the oldest vehicle on the roadways. The idea that a large increase in new vehicles being (pure?) EVs will soon eliminate IC powered vehicles is simply wishful thinking. As the demand for gasoline and diesel fuel drops, so will its price - further slowing the predicted transition away from it.
There is no incentive to lower prices of petrol fuels when demand drops, when we now have 1,700 drilling permits granted in the US which companies are just sitting on. Refineries will be working at reduced production, some will shut down.
You GTO's & 7 liter muscle cars will be delegated to parades & cruse nites. When NASCAR & Drag Racing go EV that will make it official. We have met the future & it was good.

Really?

And?? 2030 and cutting emissions is half is good. The quote minding from atr, a right wing libertarian website doesn't really support your claim. A lot of their funding last year came from the American Petroleum Institute and the Koch Foundation. And the CNBC site doesn't say what your claim is.

Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) - Right Bias - Conservative - Libertarian - Mixed Credible and Reliable
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

RIGHT BIAS​

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) Right Biased based on editorial positions aligned with the conservative right. We also rate them borderline questionable and Mixed for factual reporting due to rejecting the consensus of science on climate change and several failed fact checks.

As a non American I would say I am very relieved its Biden handling this crisis and not Trump. Trumps tone towards NATO was very alarming and I struggle to see him being able to unite NATO/ the EU with sanctions the way the Biden administration has.

A puppet doesn't slap the "puppet master" upside the head like Trump did to Putin numerous times.

Tell me...when has Biden slapped HIS puppet masters upside the head?

When did Trump slap Putin?

There is no incentive to lower prices of petrol fuels when demand drops, when we now have 1,700 drilling permits granted in the US which companies are just sitting on. Refineries will be working at reduced production, some will shut down.
You GTO's & 7 liter muscle cars will be delegated to parades & cruse nites. When NASCAR & Drag Racing go EV that will make it official. We have met the future & it was good.

Hmm… what happened to US gasoline pump prices (way back?) in 2020 compared to 2019?

You may have been uncomfortable with Trump, but he was one of 4 U.S. Presidents since WW2, to avoid any new military conflicts in his 4 years in office.
It may be the same thing that made you uncomfortable, made animals like Putin feel the same way.
People like Putin are predators that observe other leaders, and look for weakness. He saw Trump draw a red line with Syria, and bomb them when it was crossed. He saw him wipe out the caliphate, kill Bagdadi, kill Solemani and was the first US President to drop a MOAB. The fact that Putin didn’t invade anyplace while Trump was President isn’t a coincidence.
Drumpf pulled out of Syria, leaving our allies the Kurds targets for both Pooten's Russian Troops & Turkey. That was as weak as when he modified the R's platform to minimize sanctions on Russia. I actually think he sucked Pooten's dick when he was in private with Pooten, with no translator. You don't need a translator for that.

As a non American I would say I am very relieved its Biden handling this crisis and not Trump. Trumps tone towards NATO was very alarming and I struggle to see him being able to unite NATO/ the EU with sanctions the way the Biden administration has.

And thats the way the majority of people i know feel right left and center because its basic common sense.

Thank god Donnie isn;t president right now and how much worse this probably would be

When did Trump slap Putin?
Hmm… what happened to US gasoline pump prices (way back?) in 2020 compared to 2019?
As I said, numerous times. A few come to mind...

1. When Trump forced Russia...along with China...to approve UN sanctions against North Korea, even though those sanctions directly affected Russian trade with North Korea.

2. When Trump made a deal with Poland regarding LNG that cut into Russia's trade with Poland.

3. When Trump conducted a cruise missile attack against Syria...right under the nose of Syria's Russian ally...daring Russia to do something about it. (Russia did nothing.)

Who is calling for a shooting war with Russia? The only politicians with any power who I've heard advocate policies that would lead to that are Republicans like Adam Kinzinger and Lindsey Graham.

Joe Manchin did say we shouldn't take a no-fly zone off the table, which was dumb and I didn't like it. But Manchin's view is hardly a majority view in the Democratic caucus.
Taking the No Fly zone off the table is a concession before the negotiation.

As I said, numerous times. A few come to mind...

1. When Trump forced Russia...along with China...to approve UN sanctions against North Korea, even though those sanctions directly affected Russian trade with North Korea.

2. When Trump made a deal with Poland regarding LNG that cut into Russia's trade with Poland.

3. When Trump conducted a cruise missile attack against Syria...right under the nose of Syria's Russian ally...daring Russia to do something about it. (Russia did nothing.)

Russia was bombing the shit out of Syria when Trump was president. They even deployed ground forces in 2017 to the region. Also Trump reversed treasury sanctions on North Korea which the rest of the world found to be deeply troubling and actually undermined the UN sanctions on the country.

Biden's ability to resist the neverending drumbeat for ever greater war and escalation (first in Afghanistan, now in Ukraine) has been a real surprise. Most presidents would've already gone for the sugar rush and the temporary polling spike, while consigning another generation and a string of successors to dealing with the long crash. So that sense he's been much stronger than I expected.

I was not impressed by the early US response - however I was mistaken and it is working well. This could likely lead the to the end of Russia until they learn to play nicely with the rest of the world. Russia will have to make concessions to end these sanctions, preferably in the nuclear weapon area.

Overall what I see in the US response led by Joe Biden is:

Russia is weakening
Russian military equipment is being destroyed with western weapons without risking lives. This weakens their military.
Russia's economy is crashing.
Russia's has lost respect on the world stage.
The majority of the world has stood with Biden. They have united around us.
America is making a much needed review of our energy sources and getting away from some of these countries. Funding countries that hate us is an incredibly dumb thing.
These policies will force manufacturing to more friendly countries or back home. Especially if China butts in. I'd love to see more of that come home or at least to America friendly countries.

The main idea here is that China and Russia are isolating over this, the majority of the rest of the world is uniting around us. Save for India who is staying neutral but if pushed I think would favor us. To this point, I think Biden has shown strength.

I can buy into the idea that Putin thought he could pull this off because he successfully divided the United States and strained our relationship with our allies by helping get Trump elected. He had incredible success with that. However he was wrong in assuming Biden couldn't or wouldn't do anything.

Taking the No Fly zone off the table is a concession before the negotiation.
I'm OK with taking nuclear apocalypse off the table. If people want to view that as a concession, I'm OK with that too.

Biden is doing a good job handling the Russia-Ukraine crisis so far. He has a difficult job threading the needle between warmongers like Adam Kinzinger and pro-Putin appeasers like Tulsi Gabbard. I am very glad that Biden is president right now, especially considering who the alternative was.

Overall, I think Biden has been a good president. A 79-year-old with very slim congressional majorities was never going to have a lot of legislative accomplishments, but that's OK. Biden has generally done a good job moving the ball forward on things where he can.

At this point, my biggest gripe with Biden has been his failure to staff the State Department properly and get government agencies back to work post-COVID. This has resulted in a continuation of Trump-era levels of anemic immigration. This is an area where Biden could have and should have done better.
The border is open as Biden's fly. Illegal immigration has never have a more open invitation.

You obviously did not read Biden's campaign website if you think he changed after the election. What you call "far left progressive agenda" is exactly what he promised during the campaign. It appears the GOP has moved so far right that what was always the Democrats platform (helping the middle class and addressing AGW ) you now find radical.
This is BS. They have abandoned the middle class. Everything he has done is fluff. He kow-towed to the progressives and he’s going to pay for it. BBB was a joke, and had no chance. He gave away too much money in Covid assistance and now we have inflation. We were energy independent and now not so much. He wrote EO’s just to undo what Trump did. His job approval ratings aren’t too good in case you haven’t noticed.

The only thing positive about Biden is he has had a lot to deal with, and not too much help. He should have kept his promise and tried to unify Congress, but he got Power happy.

I was not impressed by the early US response - however I was mistaken and it is working well. This could likely lead the to the end of Russia until they learn to play nicely with the rest of the world. Russia will have to make concessions to end these sanctions, preferably in the nuclear weapon area.

Overall what I see in the US response led by Joe Biden is:

Russia is weakening
Russian military equipment is being destroyed with western weapons without risking lives. This weakens their military.
Russia's economy is crashing.
Russia's has lost respect on the world stage.
The majority of the world has stood with Biden. They have united around us.
America is making a much needed review of our energy sources and getting away from some of these countries. Funding countries that hate us is an incredibly dumb thing.
These policies will force manufacturing to more friendly countries or back home. Especially if China butts in. I'd love to see more of that come home or at least to America friendly countries.

The main idea here is that China and Russia are isolating over this, the majority of the rest of the world is uniting around us. Save for India who is staying neutral but if pushed I think would favor us. To this point, I think Biden has shown strength.

I can buy into the idea that Putin thought he could pull this off because he successfully divided the United States and strained our relationship with our allies by helping get Trump elected. He had incredible success with that. However he was wrong in assuming Biden couldn't or wouldn't do anything.
The majority of the world doesn’t respect Biden. They haven’t stood with Biden. They have stood with the US. They have stood with Ukraine. Big difference.

Putin was "comfortable" that he could manipulate Trump and that Ukraine would not be joining NATO while Trump had a say in it. There was no urgency like there is now. Putin did not toast the 2016 election for nothing. The failure to remove Assad from Syria is just one of the ways we lost ground to dictators under the one term mistake. His term was one of winning for dictators all over the world. Like he always said, he got along very well with them and you do that by doing their bidding. . The tide has turned for them under Biden and Putin's days are numbered.

5a44d4985124c9703efe47a2
Trump understood keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. And most people understand NOT starting a new military conflict was good. The Abraham Accord was good. Wiping out the ISIS Caliphate was good. And yes, Putin not invading any country was good. Biden should take his Corn Pop win and go home, IF it even happened. The world was safer with Trump in office.

Trump understood keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. And most people understand NOT starting a new military conflict was good. The Abraham Accord was good. Wiping out the ISIS Caliphate was good. And yes, Putin not invading any country was good. Biden should take his Corn Pop win and go home, IF it even happened. The world was safer with Trump in office.
Nonsense. He drove our allies away while appeasing brutal dictatorships. No President weakened our standing in the world as much as Trump. Putin was emboldened to start this war because of the one term mistakes continued grip on the GOP and the prediction of a GOP rout in 2024.

Trump set the stage for the chaos that is happening now. Putin having been a recruiter for the KGB saw all the earmarks of a person that could be turned in Trump. He knows a useful idiot when he sees one. Trump didn't do a damn thing to the Russians in Syria. He stood silent as Russian planes bombed hospitals, schools, and civilian apartment buildings in Syrian cities like Aleppo killing thousands of civilians, including women and children, as they are doing in Ukraine now. The attack on the Syrian airfield from where many of these Russian planes were operating from was given more than ample notice to move their planes and personnel before the attack and attack itself was wholly ineffective. A joke really as the airfield was fully operational again within a matter of mere hours and more attacks by Russian planes on Syrian cities were launched from it at dawn the very next morning. Dropping that MOAB on a big pile of rocks didn't do much of anything to deter the Taliban in Afghanistan either, did it? And you're right Putin not invading Ukraine while Trump was President was probably not coincidence. With Trump acting essentially acting as an agent of Russia he probably thought he wouldn't have to in order to get what he wanted. But perhaps in hindsight Putin not invading when Trump was President was a big mistake. There's no way that NATO and the West would be presenting such a united front against Russia's lawless aggression in Ukraine as we are seeing now all across the world with Trump in office. You should be giving thanks to God that Biden is President now as you wouldn't want to even begin to imagine how much worse things would be now if Trump were President.
Syria repaired their airfield after Trump struck it with 50 Tomahawks. That’s a joke? Then what was the Obama/Biden response to a redline being crossed, when they did nothing? Less than a joke?
You can throw out a bunch of whataboutism but it won’t change the fact that Biden is weak. And as Bill Maher asked, if Putin thought Trump was so supportive of him, why didn’t he invade when he was in office?

I think some people just take kindness as weakness and I think Biden is just the opposite.

The former guy just had a big mouth and acted tough when he was really just a wimp who had low self esteem and is a crook

Here is some recent news, just in case you havent heard:

A poll says a majority of Americans believe that Putin would not have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected.

Biden snubbed by UAE and Saudi leaders over his calls to discuss oil exports.

AFAIK, no POTUS has ever been snubbed by these leaders before.

So based on all of this, what do you think?

Is it time Biden appoints a prez, 5th Column Threat Advisory of McCabe, Strzok, Page, Vindman, Mary Trump?

Drumpf pulled out of Syria, leaving our allies the Kurds targets for both Pooten's Russian Troops & Turkey. That was as weak as when he modified the R's platform to minimize sanctions on Russia. I actually think he sucked Pooten's dick when he was in private with Pooten, with no translator. You don't need a translator for that.
That’s what you think? Hmmmm..You sound like a man of experience. Not the way I would approach it but hey, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom