• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Biden a Weak President?

Is Biden a weakling?

• Total voters
Here is some recent news, just in case you havent heard: A poll says a majority of Americans believe that Putin would not have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected. Biden snubbed by UAE and Saudi leaders over his calls to discuss oil exports. AFAIK, no POTUS has ever been snubbed by these leaders before. So based on all of this, what do you think?
I have a different take. I think Biden has showed weakness in that once elected he has abandoned his lifelong moderate Democratic ideals and has pushed the far left, progressive agenda which in the past he wouldn’t have agreed with. Old age, maybe? In this way, weak in that he has let the left wing of the Democratic Party lead him by the nose instead of standing up for his own moderate democratic ideals. This Biden wasn’t the one most independent’s thought they were getting when they voted for him 54-41 over Trump. Not that independents would have voted for Trump anyway. They disliked him too much.

As for the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. I think Biden has done all he can do short of getting us involved militarily and into a possible nuclear war. He gets high marks from me on the Ukraine. As for Putin not invading the Ukraine if Trump was president, that’s impossible to prove either in a positive or negative since it didn’t happen. A what if question that has no bearing on the situation today or whether Biden is a strong or weak leader.

Personally, I’m much more comfortable with Biden handling the Ukrainian War than I would be with Trump. Matter of fact, Trump was the first president in my lifetime I was never comfortable with him being president. I was born right after WWII, so that includes a lot of presidents. Although I do place most of the blame in the rise of gas prices on Biden and company for him kowtowing to the green portion of the democratic party. Biden isn’t perfect, far from it, a disappointment in certain aspects. But someone I’m glad to see as president today instead of Trump. I can live with the disappointments if that means the absents of Trump from the Oval Office.

I have a different take. I think Biden has showed weakness in that once elected he has abandoned his lifelong moderate Democratic ideals and has pushed the far left, progressive agenda which in the past he wouldn’t have agreed with. Old age, maybe? In this way, weak in that he has let the left wing of the Democratic Party lead him by the nose instead of standing up for his own moderate democratic ideals. This Biden wasn’t the one most independent’s thought they were getting when they voted for him 54-41 over Trump. Not that independents would have voted for Trump anyway. They disliked him too much.

As for the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. I think Biden has done all he can do short of getting us involved militarily and into a possible nuclear war. He gets high marks from me on the Ukraine. As for Putin not invading the Ukraine if Trump was president, that’s impossible to prove either in a positive or negative since it didn’t happen. A what if question that has no bearing on the situation today or whether Biden is a strong or weak leader.

Personally, I’m much more comfortable with Biden handling the Ukrainian War than I would be with Trump. Matter of fact, Trump was the first president in my lifetime I was never comfortable with him being president. I was born right after WWII, so that includes a lot of presidents. Although I do place most of the blame in the rise of gas prices on Biden and company for him kowtowing to the green portion of the democratic party. Biden isn’t perfect, far from it, a disappointment in certain aspects. But someone I’m glad to see as president today instead of Trump. I can live with the disappointments if that means the absents of Trump from the Oval Office.
You obviously did not read Biden's campaign website if you think he changed after the election. What you call "far left progressive agenda" is exactly what he promised during the campaign. It appears the GOP has moved so far right that what was always the Democrats platform (helping the middle class and addressing AGW ) you now find radical.

Biden campaigned against the use of all fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas) and for a “surge” in immigration. To assert otherwise (implying that he changed post election) is simply BS - assuming that the MSM calling him a “moderate” made that become true is ignoring reality.

Biden campaigned against the use of all fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas) and for a “surge” in immigration. To assert otherwise (implying that he changed post election) is simply BS - assuming that the MSM calling him a “moderate” made that become true is ignoring reality.
Yes Biden believes we need to end our dependence on fossil fuels as soon as it is practical and possible. You think we should pump every drop of oit from the ground and release it's carbon into the atmosphere. As far as immigration he has sent back more illegal border crossers than Trump.

The Biden administration is ramping up deportations and prosecutions of migrants crossing the southern border illegally amid a 21-year high in migrant arrests and concerns about the rapid spread of the coronavirus Delta variant.
U.S. authorities are now flying Central American migrants deep into the Mexican interior using a Trump-era public health order that was extended indefinitely last week, according to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, who said the expulsions are meant to curb repeat border crossings and the spread of the coronavirus.

The Biden administration has also restarted "expedited removal" flights for some migrant families who can't be expelled to Mexico under the public health authority, known as Title 42. Since the end of July, the U.S. has carried out six expedited removal flights to Central America, deporting 242 migrant parents and children under the procedure, DHS officials said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigr...cutions-deter-migration-biden-administration/

Shrugs. You dont always need a strongman in office.
You need somebody competent in office.

Be perfectly honest just for one moment. If you had a magic wand, and you could replace Biden/Harris right now, right this instant in this time of global crises with anyone else from this list (living or dead), tell me you wouldn't do it? Even if it was one of the Republicans listed. Because I (a conservative) can say that I would rather see Obama or Clinton in office right now over Biden/Harris, and that is how scary this moment is.

Barrack Obama
Bill Clinton
Joe Lieberman
Jimmy Carter
Micheal Bloomberg
John McCain
Mitt Romney
George H.W. Bush
Richard Nixon
JFK
IKE

Admit it. Biden is a failure, he is worse that JV squad level ability.

Yes Biden believes we need to end our dependence on fossil fuels as soon as it is practical and possible. You think we should pump every drop of oit from the ground and release it's carbon into the atmosphere.

Nope, I fully support transitioning to “greener” energy sources. The point is that requires changing (replacing) the vehicle which one drives - not simply what is used to generate electricity. If we added EVs at the current pace, that would take multiple generations (60 years?) to accomplish. If we tripled that pace then it would take a single generation (20 years?) to accomplish.

As far as immigration he has sent back more border crossers than Trump.

The Biden administration is ramping up deportations and prosecutions of migrants crossing the southern border illegally amid a 21-year high in migrant arrests and concerns about the rapid spread of the coronavirus Delta variant.
U.S. authorities are now flying Central American migrants deep into the Mexican interior using a Trump-era public health order that was extended indefinitely last week, according to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, who said the expulsions are meant to curb repeat border crossings and the spread of the coronavirus.

The Biden administration has also restarted "expedited removal" flights for some migrant families who can't be expelled to Mexico under the public health authority, known as Title 42. Since the end of July, the U.S. has carried out six expedited removal flights to Central America, deporting 242 migrant parents and children under the procedure, DHS officials said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigr...cutions-deter-migration-biden-administration/

WOW! We deported 242 (out of ???) folks farther away than simply returning them to Mexico - that is super impressive!

If Juan illegally crosses into the US 4 times and is deported 3 times then Juan is still here. That does count as 3 (super impressive?) deportations (removals), yet Juan ends up inside the US.

Biden will not deport foreign nationals for simply being here illegally (often called being undocumented) so unless Juan commits (and is convicted for) a “serious” crime then he is allowed to remain here forever.

Possible, I remembered Biden the senator.

Here is some recent news, just in case you havent heard:

A poll says a majority of Americans believe that Putin would not have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected.

Biden snubbed by UAE and Saudi leaders over his calls to discuss oil exports.

AFAIK, no POTUS has ever been snubbed by these leaders before.

So based on all of this, what do you think?
That poll shows that just 38% of Americans are not ignorant as that is the number of Americans that are actually aware that Trump was impeached the first time for attempting to shake down Ukraine by withholding military aid unless they provided him with dirt on his political opponents.

Not only would Putin have invaded Ukraine in a second term for Trump, but we would have done nothing in response. After all, Trump had nothing but good things to say about Putin when he invaded Ukraine.

Voted yes, but not for the reasons you listed (and the what if poll about Trump is entirely irrelevant and unprovable.)

The bottom line is Biden, his speech and demeanor and presence... things like that, inspires neither confidence or strength. It is not about comparison to some other politician or past president, these attributes are not things in Biden's wheelhouse.

The entire world does not align and interpret western ideologies all that well to begin with, this is amplified when dealing with various world leaders who look at other nations very differently than we may like. But that does not mean everyone looks at strength the way we do either, just as we look at Putin as a madman there is always chance of that going the other way.

Like say how China views Trump, not necessarily worried about Trump from a position of fear but realizing dealing with him is different and difficult. But China did not change being China nor did they alter their own ambitions one inch.

The world and how we all look at each other is very different than some poll of US respondents.

Biden has done more, and dealt with more shit in a little over a year than Trump even came close to. He doesnt' golf everyday and spend all day tweeting and watching TV. he's busting his ass dealing with the many issues the country facing right now.

so traitor trolls can just shut up with this idiocy

Nope, I fully support transitioning to “greener” energy sources. The point is that requires changing (replacing) the vehicle which one drives - not simply what is used to generate electricity. If we added EVs at the current pace, that would take multiple generations (60 years?) to accomplish. If we tripled that pace then it would take a single generation (20 years?) to accomplish.

WOW! We deported 242 (out of ???) folks farther away than simply returning them to Mexico - that is super impressive!

If Juan illegally crosses into the US 4 times and is deported 3 times then Juan is still here. That does count as 3 (super impressive?) deportations (removals), yet Juan ends up inside the US.

Biden will not deport foreign nationals for simply being here illegally (often called being undocumented) so unless Juan commits (and is convicted for) a “serious” crime then he is allowed to remain here forever.

You are obviously unaware the most automakers are committed to building only EV's by the end of this decade or shortly thereafter. The end of our dependence on gasoline is closer than you think.

General Motors said it would stop selling vehicles with internal combustion engines, and would go all electric by 2035. GM's Zero Emissions plan is an enormous commitment that has the potential to impact the environment and the entire auto industry.

The German automaker has officially committed to going fully electric by the end of the decade. The next generation of Mercedes-Benz vehicles will be electric-only from 2025. By 2025, the automaker will launch three electric-only architectures

https://www.financialexpress.com/au...ally,launch three electric-only architectures.

Ford Motor Co. on Monday night announced a historic investment in its future that will pump more than $11 billion into manufacturing a strong, dependable supply of essential parts for electric vehicles, creating nearly 11,000 jobs along the way.
This commitment — the single biggest investment in the history of the 118-year-old automaker — will pay for a new assembly plant to build all-electric F-Series trucks and three battery plants. It establishes Ford as a contender in a transportation battle that's evolving in real time as automakers pivot from the internal combustion engine to battery-operated vehicles.
Ford had already announced an investment over the past two years of $950 million in the Rouge Complex in Dearborn to build the all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning.

Bringing the battery supply chain to the U.S. insulates Ford from being held hostage by battery shortages the way the industry has been kneecapped by the global semiconductor chip shortage.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...tor-company-all-electric-vehicles/5884985001/

You are obviously unaware the most automakers are committed to building only EV's by the end of this decade or shortly thereafter. The end of our dependence on gasoline is closer than you think.

General Motors said it would stop selling vehicles with internal combustion engines, and would go all electric by 2035. GM's Zero Emissions plan is an enormous commitment that has the potential to impact the environment and the entire auto industry.

The German automaker has officially committed to going fully electric by the end of the decade. The next generation of Mercedes-Benz vehicles will be electric-only from 2025. By 2025, the automaker will launch three electric-only architectures

https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/electric-vehicles/mercedes-benz-commits-to-all-electric-future-next-gen-cars-to-be-evs-only-from-2025-vision-eqxx-1000-km-range-plan-explained-charging-stations/2295777/#:~:text=The German automaker has officially,launch three electric-only architectures.

Ford Motor Co. on Monday night announced a historic investment in its future that will pump more than $11 billion into manufacturing a strong, dependable supply of essential parts for electric vehicles, creating nearly 11,000 jobs along the way.
This commitment — the single biggest investment in the history of the 118-year-old automaker — will pay for a new assembly plant to build all-electric F-Series trucks and three battery plants. It establishes Ford as a contender in a transportation battle that's evolving in real time as automakers pivot from the internal combustion engine to battery-operated vehicles.
Ford had already announced an investment over the past two years of $950 million in the Rouge Complex in Dearborn to build the all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning.

Bringing the battery supply chain to the U.S. insulates Ford from being held hostage by battery shortages the way the industry has been kneecapped by the global semiconductor chip shortage.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...tor-company-all-electric-vehicles/5884985001/

We drive a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and are far from having the oldest vehicle on the roadways. The idea that a large increase in new vehicles being (pure?) EVs will soon eliminate IC powered vehicles is simply wishful thinking. As the demand for gasoline and diesel fuel drops, so will its price - further slowing the predicted transition away from it.

We drive a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and are far from having the oldest vehicle on the roadways. The idea that a large increase in new vehicles being (pure?) EVs will soon eliminate IC powered vehicles is simply wishful thinking. As the demand for gasoline and diesel fuel drops, so will its price - further slowing the predicted transition away from it.
If demand drops, will there be a corresponding drop in production? Distribution? Availability?

If demand drops, will there be a corresponding drop in production? Distribution? Availability?

Probably (but about 20 years after EVs become the majority of new vehicles sold), yet there will also be a huge glut of used IC vehicles - driving their costs down as well. My point is that replacing a perfectly functional and paid for IC vehicle with a much more expensive (and financed) EV is not going to be a high priority for most folks.

Here is some recent news, just in case you havent heard:

A poll says a majority of Americans believe that Putin would not have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected.

Biden snubbed by UAE and Saudi leaders over his calls to discuss oil exports.

AFAIK, no POTUS has ever been snubbed by these leaders before.

I think Trump would of bribed OPEC into pumping more oil. I don't think it's a question of respect but more of a question of what's in it for them?

Hard to say what Putin would do with Trump in office without understanding why he decided to go into Ukraine to begin with. I do think it's fair to say that Trump's reaction would of been much more forceful than Bidens.

Overall for Biden's entire tenor he has been a weak president. The thing he has been toughest on is vaccine mandates. Even that I consider him more stubborn than tough about.

If Trump had been reelected, Putin would have appointed a pro Russian Ukrainian government two weeks ago.
Exactly, no invasion needed.

You may have been uncomfortable with Trump, but he was one of 4 U.S. Presidents since WW2, to avoid any new military conflicts in his 4 years in office.
It may be the same thing that made you uncomfortable, made animals like Putin feel the same way.
People like Putin are predators that observe other leaders, and look for weakness. He saw Trump draw a red line with Syria, and bomb them when it was crossed. He saw him wipe out the caliphate, kill Bagdadi, kill Solemani and was the first US President to drop a MOAB. The fact that Putin didn’t invade anyplace while Trump was President isn’t a coincidence.

Oh , PS, yes, Biden is weak

Actually as demand shrinks for gasoline the price will not go down. Lower volumes means higher profit ratios are needed. It's not like you will stop driving but it will soon make financial sense to buy a EV.

You may have been uncomfortable with Trump, but he was one of 4 U.S. Presidents since WW2, to avoid any new military conflicts in his 4 years in office.
It may be the same thing that made you uncomfortable, made animals like Putin feel the same way.
People like Putin are predators that observe other leaders, and look for weakness. He saw Trump draw a red line with Syria, and bomb them when it was crossed. He saw him wipe out the caliphate, kill Bagdadi, kill Solemani and was the first US President to drop a MOAB. The fact that Putin didn’t invade anyplace while Trump was President isn’t a coincidence.
Putin was "comfortable" that he could manipulate Trump and that Ukraine would not be joining NATO while Trump had a say in it. There was no urgency like there is now. Putin did not toast the 2016 election for nothing. The failure to remove Assad from Syria is just one of the ways we lost ground to dictators under the one term mistake. His term was one of winning for dictators all over the world. Like he always said, he got along very well with them and you do that by doing their bidding. . The tide has turned for them under Biden and Putin's days are numbered.

5a44d4985124c9703efe47a2

Actually as demand shrinks for gasoline the price will not go down. Lower volumes means higher profit ratios are needed. It's not like you will stop driving but it will soon make financial sense to buy a EV.

We seem to generally agree, yet have different expectations as to what “soon” means. IMHO, it will be at least 15 years (perhaps longer) before even 1/2 of the (280M?) vehicles on US roadways are EVs.

Back
Top Bottom