• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

I want to see neither of those anti-American morons. I'd rather see a real republican who puts country over self-interests. Those two nutters want an Autocracy in the US, they are wannabe dictators like their heroes, Putin and Xi. Traitor trump should be behind bars, not running for any damn office in this country.
Trump was president for four years. Inflation was low, unemployment high, gap between rich and poor was shrinking, Putin stayed in Russia, Xi stayed in China and was penalized. THe border was under control and the country prospered. You see when you claim someone is a horrible terrible dastardly president terrible things are supposed to happen as a result. We didn't launch new wars, no concentration camps were set up. Martial law wasn't declared, no bread or soup lines. Frankly none of the terrible things one would expect from a terrible president and horrible man. In my opinion the country was better off than it is now.

Yeah, but what chance does such a candidate have in the current Republican Party?

I used to vote for Republicans, from time to time, but that ain't happening again until they dump the crazies.
they are out there but they just dont want to be associated with MAGA's

I am not in the GOP. I am an independent. You do seem obsessed with them. However they are right on the inflation issue. Joe has badly ****ed it up.
Funny how when Donald was blamed for his inflationary spending, you jumped right in to protect him saying it was Congresses fault. But when the same logic is applied to Biden, you place all the blame on Biden. Clearly you have an issue with favoritism. You act like Donald's cultists excuse factory.

they are out there but they just dont want to be associated with MAGA's
So how will they ever win a Republican primary? Are we saddled with a nutso Republican Party until Trump dies?

I think some of it is this certainly. It might even be most at this point, I think most centrists/independents that preferred his policy to the man have long since jumped ship. Ending THE dominant culture in America is a big deal, it really is. Every other country on earth has an established dominant culture, do you ever wonder how many of those could be switched today?
It would be a big deal if it were actually happening, or even possible.

As opposed to the other propaganda news sources that you likely agree with?
I don't agree with any propaganda news source.

Trump was president for four years. Inflation was low, unemployment high, gap between rich and poor was shrinking, Putin stayed in Russia, Xi stayed in China and was penalized. THe border was under control and the country prospered. You see when you claim someone is a horrible terrible dastardly president terrible things are supposed to happen as a result. We didn't launch new wars, no concentration camps were set up. Martial law wasn't declared, no bread or soup lines. Frankly none of the terrible things one would expect from a terrible president and horrible man. In my opinion the country was better off than it is now.
You must be mistaking me for a trump sucker, you're not talking to his obedient cultists now. Traitor trump spent his rime if office violating his oath as president and serving at the pleasure of his master, Mr. Putin. The murderous dictator who he kept smiling by secret teabagging meatings and publicly taking the word of the corrupt dictator over our own government officials.

The twice impeached disgraced loser of a president spent his term exchanging Love Letters with Xi. All these things and more are the reason that the patriotic American voters booted his ass out in 2020.

The border was never under control, and Mexico never paid for his ridiculous wall like the liar told his gullible worshipers. I'm still waiting for his wall to be built in my state, like the 'stable genius' promised. 🤡

The only thing traitor trump deserves credit for is violating his oath of office, refusing to conduct a peaceful transfer of power to President Biden, who won the election by a landslide and didn't have to cheat to do it. It was the will of Americans.

He also deserves credit for not only refusing the transfer of power like a typical spoiled sore loser, but also inciting a deadly insurrection against our government on January 6, 2021 and sitting of his bloated ass to gleefully watch his homegrown racist terrorists attempt to obstruct an American election, and fail like the ignorant losers they all are.

We don't need any more scum in the White House like the corrupt conman traitor trump. Those who want someone like that should move to Russia or China where they can finally be patriotic.

He is the only person with the backbone and the fortitude to fight against the evils of the Democrat-controlled "left," (a massive corrupt cabal that has infiltrated every corner of society which is bent on destroying the United States, ending white Christian culture, and indoctrinating their children for sexual purposes,) rather than rolling over and submitting to them for personal profit like the other weak elitist Republicans do.

To understand the motives of MAGA, all you have to do is listen to them and the propaganda and conspiracy theories they are being spoon fed by those profiting off of their naivete.
But the thing he is fighting against is fiction.

Yiubare being manipulated and lied to.

there in lies the issue.....people actually believe what you say when liberals can see only the self centered con artist.....you have been conned....you surely are smart enough to see you have been conned.....imo dems and libs would not be so anti-Trump if he were not this out spoken deliberate con man....he is a braggart....no one respects a braggart.....he is a narcissist......no one likes a narcissist.....he is a smart-ass...no one likes a smart-ass....he conducts himself like a school yard bully boy....an immature cry baby......imo if the repubs would bring forth a decent adult conservative with the same 'agenda' as Trump there would be acceptance.......

'''

and anyone with half a brain knows this is just pure and simple media propaganda and white supremacist madness.....
Conspiracy theories can be compelling even to those who might otherwise be rational people. Especially when you are used to blindly having faith in the truth of what you are told by respected people from your own culture who look like you and whom you look up to as a role model.

The violation of trust is profitable because it is frightening. Humans are wired to pay attention to things that frighten them, and once people believe that their trust has been violated by someone or some group, they are willing to believe that there are no limits to how low that person or group can go. Therefore many unethical people in the news media take advantage of this to direct attention to frightening things in order to sell advertising time on their programs, and unethical politicians take advantage of it to sell a narrative that they can protect people from the things that frighten them. Neither one seems to care what those things are or whether or not they are actually a threat. All that matters is that people are frightened.

Frightened people love power because power equals security, and they love to spend money and attention on things that they think increase their power and security.

Think about what you just said, some like the pro wrestling atmosphere he brings. His immigration policies, did what? Stopped people from immigrating to america? He locked people up, tore apart families, you like that kind of thing? Treated them as sub human, I'm not into that kind of thing. Abortion should be a choice for the woman, not the president or politicians. Anti war you say? Biden actually pulled our troops out after decades and he caught a ration of shit for it from your party. Trump talked biden is doing.
Bias.
All kinds of hardships are happe ing to migrants due to Biden policies.

And Trump could not do much without congress.

But the thing he is fighting against is fiction.

Yiubare being manipulated and lied to.
It is a fictional narrative that has grown from a factual seed. There is usually a kernel of truth in most of the issues that Trump supporters and MAGA extremists are concerned about. Trump supporters, to a person, all suffer from the same human cognitive bias, (along with many Democrats and liberals as well): They mistakenly believe that the more something occupies their attention, the more often they see it, the more common it must be in the world. This is a bias that can be taken advantage of, and the GOP is the master of this. I often use the analogy of fly paper: The more you focus on the flies collecting on the fly paper in the kitchen, the easier it is to believe that your house is covered in flies. After all, you have the evidence right there on the fly paper, don't you? If you want to talk your spouse into moving into a new house, one way to do this is to focus their attention on the metaphorical fly paper as often as possible.

Most of us can agree that children should not be having sex changes on a whim at 8 years old, for example. While that isn't actually happening, there are just enough horror stories out there to suggest that it could be an issue that requires government intervention to those without context. After all, if one abusive parent found one unethical doctor and a child was subjected to unnecessary therapy or surgery, no one could possibly have a problem with empowering the government to prevent this with new legislation, right? Mustn't it be the case that those who do have a problem with this have suspect motives? So right wing big government MAGA types and right wing entertainment commentators scour the internet to find such stories and deliver them to their constituents. Each story is another fly landing on the fly paper that is being dangled in front of the faces of conservatives and Republicans who are willing to believe what they are told and are unwilling or unable to educate themselves on the subject in order to understand the greater context. Fox News is getting rich off of these people, and Republican politicians are lighting a fire under the seats of conservatives to scare them to the polls.

Last edited:

I gather you slept through 2020.

This indictment if it happens just adds one more negative mark on his resume, it is that simple.

What the MAGAs are saying in effect is the best man in their eye to Make America Great Again is a one term loser who ran a scam university and whose corporation was found guilty of tax fraud and his CEO is currently doing jail time along with the fact he was impeached twice and we don't even know how many times he'll be indicted yet. That's their choice to make America a better place? It bodes poorly for the party if they are convinced that's the best they can do.

So you think that all media is propaganda?
Not at all, just most main stream sources I see trotted out.
Rarely do I see source material from Forbes, Al-Jaz, or the BBC.

It is almost always Fox, MSNBC, CBS etc and all of those are all kinds of propaganda.
How do you get your news?
See above

It is almost always Fox, MSNBC, CBS etc and all of those are all kinds of propaganda.
I've never watched MSNBC, and CBS seems more rightwing than leftwing to me. I wish Nora O'Donnell would learn how to read a teleprompter, though.

I gather you slept through 2020.
No Covid happened and it was terrible. It was inevitable the response was going to be labeled a botch job according to the press who despise him as much as democrats do. He could have done better, he should have gotten former presidents involved. He worked with the governors and got them the equipment and support they needed. Both Gavin and Cuomo said they were getting support. In my opinion the left over reacted. Within 8 months it became apparent that most folks who got covid got over it. It was apparent that children were the least likely to get and would over come if they did. It was evident that the old and some with other issues Covid was potentially lethal. Mask and the vaccines became political issue. The left went overboard the right leaning states relaxed the restrictions, opened businesses and schools and wound up with roughly the same results.

When Trump left offices employment was still high, inflation was low, fuel was inexpensive and the border was under more control than now. Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Trump was gone.

No Covid happened and it was terrible. It was inevitable the response was going to be labeled a botch job according to the press who despise him as much as democrats do. He could have done better, he should have gotten former presidents involved. He worked with the governors and got them the equipment and support they needed. Both Gavin and Cuomo said they were getting support. In my opinion the left over reacted. Within 8 months it became apparent that most folks who got covid got over it. It was apparent that children were the least likely to get and would over come if they did. It was evident that the old and some with other issues Covid was potentially lethal. Mask and the vaccines became political issue. The left went overboard the right leaning states relaxed the restrictions, opened businesses and schools and wound up with roughly the same results.

When Trump left offices employment was still high, inflation was low, fuel was inexpensive and the border was under more control than now. Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Trump was gone.
Trump spoke in public. That was his undoing.

Bias.
All kinds of hardships are happe ing to migrants due to Biden policies.

And Trump could not do much without congress.
Trump had the backing of congress for his first two years, they did nothing. Even the gop would not give him the money for the wall mexico was paying for.

All kinds of hardships happen to immigrants, what's a few more right?

Trump had the backing of congress for his first two years, they did nothing. Even the gop would not give him the money for the wall mexico was paying for.
Which proved my Point.
All kinds of hardships happen to immigrants, what's a few more right?
Bidens policies cause it. They have flooded in so heavy they can't be cared for decently.

Bidens policies cause it.
Are you kidding?

Bidens policies cause it?

Are you blind?

Biden never said the border was open. (Because it's not).

Republicans, on the other hand, say the border is open every day. All the time.

Pay attention for christs sake.

Are you kidding?

Bidens policies cause it?

Are you blind?

Biden never said the border was open. (Because it's not).

Republicans, on the other hand, say the border is open every day. All the time.

Pay attention for christs sake.
But Hannity said so!!!!!!

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

So why? What is the attraction?

Some people just have a thing for strongmen. Mussolini made the trains run on time, never mind he robbed the pockets of anyone who would hold still, executed a few million people, started and lost two wars, and bankrupted the country for the following 100 years.

Chairman Mao led the country to being able to feed itself, and is revered in some circles even though he managed to feed them by starving 20% and executing another 15%.

Donald trump did................................?

Besides really ****ing up Covid and pissing off every one of your allies.

He insults the Libs.. Simple as that... It's a proven fact Republicans will cut their own throats as long as their politicians hate liberals...

It certainly is NOT a proven fact....but I don't doubt it a bit.

His "people" have a lot of hate. He taps that vein very cleverly, using the right words to appear menacing like his fans want.

Howard Stern theory.

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Stern haters listening to him (a mistake IMO, but ok), and voting for him for president, are different.

Back
Top Bottom