• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In all seriousness, what is it about trump that makes him so attractive to so many people?

Trump had the backing of congress for his first two years, they did nothing.

They passed trillions in tax cuts for the rich, and deregulated, and packed the courts.

He is the only person with the backbone and the fortitude to fight against the evils of the Democrat-controlled "left," (a massive corrupt cabal that has infiltrated every corner of society which is bent on destroying the United States, ending white Christian culture, and indoctrinating their children for sexual purposes,) rather than rolling over and submitting to them for personal profit like the other weak elitist Republicans do.

To understand the motives of MAGA, all you have to do is listen to them and the propaganda and conspiracy theories they are being spoon fed by those profiting off of their naivete.
Does Trump not strike you as too whiny to be described as a man of fortitude?

He’s doesn’t lie and sit on his butt like the teat sucking Dems.

Not a problem. Hitler whined about Jews. Putin whines about NATO. Xi whines about the US. 'Strongmen' build up threats they claim to be the champions about.

He’s doesn’t lie and sit on his butt like the teat sucking Dems.

By Lauren Victoria Burke, NNPA Newswire Correspondent

President Donald Trump has spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. The total is likely to be the most golf outings of any president in history. Additionally, Trump is likely to be collectively viewed by historians as one of the worst presidents in American history.

^^Lost in TDS and propaganda.

So being the stable genius that he is, Trump was able to make incredibly positive changes in America in 4 short years, that Biden was able to wreck in only 2?

Interesting.
Using my house as an example, when I make improvements, I expect them to last longer than 2 years. But that's just me.
The new tenants left the doors and windows open and the toilets running. Massive structural and mold damage to the improvements. It doesn't take long at all.

Here’s a lame one….

He’s not Biden.
Not just not Biden. He was not Bush Jr, he was not McCain, he was not Mitt. He was not the typical Republican cowering in fear of negative coverage in the Democrat media. He was not about pander, he was about results. Too bad Paul Ryan squandered those first 2 years. Despite his own feakless party, the best president by far since Reagan, maybe better than Reagan already. Certainly will be with 4 more years.

I think his views are similar to that of populists in Asia and elsewhere:

Restrict immigration and focus on skilled workers and locals.

Restrict free trade and buy locally or from nearby countries.

Rein in military expansionism, require those who need military help pay for such, and focus on peace and trade deals.

This would attract large numbers of people who need better jobs and financial support from the government.

The problem is that the U.S. dollar is used as a global reserve currency, which makes these policies impossible.

President Donald Trump has spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. The total is likely to be the most golf outings of any president in history. Additionally, Trump is likely to be collectively viewed by historians as one of the worst presidents in American history.

Well said. I am still trying to work out how billionaire trump is not an elitist?
Elitist, perhaps. A member of the political chosen class, definitely not. You have to remember a lot of Trump appeal circa 2016 was not being Hillary Clinton.

Elitist, perhaps. A member of the political chosen class, definitely not. You have to remember a lot of Trump appeal circa 2016 was not being Hillary Clinton.
While that may have had truth to it, he never lost much support and got more votes against Biden. This 'chosen class' stuff is largely nonsense propaganda.

Bottom line, middle class, not college-educated people really believe he fights for 'the little guy'. A billionaire who cares for them. Go figure.
He has convinced many millions of people that he despises D.C. elitists (aka 'the Swamp') who don't care about the uneducated middle and lower class.
And he's convinced millions of people that, without any evidence, he is going to be arrested tomorrow and people should come out to protest against that action.
Can you think of anyone else in the country able to do that?

Let's try not to make this about me or the democrats. I really want to try to understand what it is about trump that garners so much loyalty from so many?

What has he done to help the people of west virginia, mississippi, louisiana? The folks in the middle of the country? I hear many don't like the man but like his policies? Such as?

He ran up the debt just like most presidents, so not fiscally responsible. He is a pathological liar. He was impeached, twice. He and the gop in general lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, he's currently being looked at from law enforcement from several directions and once again is calling for his supporters to 'protest' should he be indicted.

So why? What is the attraction?
I don't think you can understand this from the left.

The last couple of presidential elections have been because 'it's not that other person'

Is this seriously the ****ing best we can do as a nation?

Which proved my Point.

Bidens policies cause it. They have flooded in so heavy they can't be cared for decently.
Let's see numbers to back up your claim. Encounter does not mean entered. If ten million border 'encounters' happen it does not mean ten million folks crossed over into the states.

So, let's see your numbers.

I don't think you can understand this from the left.
You can't understand it from the right either and yet those same poor folks in those same poor states just keep voting republican which leads me to ask why?

I'm not sure anything else could prove how evil some Christians are than their support for this vile and corrupt and criminal man.

And it's all because he pretended to hate the same people that they want to extinguish off of the planet.

While that may have had truth to it, he never lost much support and got more votes against Biden. This 'chosen class' stuff is largely nonsense propaganda.
Is it really nonsense? Are you honestly going to tell me there was no difference between a Clinton running against an “outsider”? You can’t deny there was a certain aura of it being Hillary’s “turn” to have the job.

Trump plays the schoolyard hate filled bully role to perfection which is fairly common mentality for those who flock to him, and when needed Trump can also play the persecuted victim role drawing sympathy from the same audience.
Exactly backward. Trump is the scrappy kid who stands up to the schoolyard bully and protects the weak.

The schoolyard bully is everyone who opening criticizes them for their lack of education, their country accents, their 8 to 5 job. Worse, any response is called racist, bigoted, or deplorable.

Our issue is how good he is with this to the point of convincing people to throw their lives away at his alter. And Trump has a lifetime of history of very damaged people in his wake.
You will never understand Trump until you understand how wrong this statement is. When you call them gullible then you are the bully.

He does to me. But the people who see him as a person of fortitude are consuming curated propaganda that downplays Trump's weaknesses in favor of his strengths, so his obvious inadequacies are hidden by inflating the power of Democrats to victimize him. Rather than being a whiny little bitch, they see him as a good man who is being unfairly bullied by a powerful and oppressive government-led witch hunt.

He's the strongest underdog of the pack. So when he whines, the other dogs whine right along with him.

Let's see numbers to back up your claim. Encounter does not mean entered. If ten million border 'encounters' happen it does not mean ten million folks crossed over into the states.

Uh, encounters don't happen on the other side of the border ...

Uh, encounters don't happen on the other side of the border ...
Then why are they called encounters instead of crossings if they happen on the united states side of the border?

Please not pretend that Biden policies did not encourage illegal immigration compared to Trumps. It's not a good look. This is just an old tried and true debate tactic.

Please not pretend that Biden policies did not encourage illegal immigration compared to Trumps. It's not a good look. This is just an old tried and true debate tactic.
The whole border situation is a tried and true tactic for the right. Y'all have been complaining about it for decades but nothing ever gets done when y'all have the power to change it.

Back
Top Bottom