• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Imam Speaking in Orlando Said Gays Must Be Killed Out of 'Compassion'

I don't care what theology you profess, such hate speech should be treated for what it is, an indictable offense and should be prosecuted to the fullest. There is no first amendment right to counselling hate and murder. Both the examples in this thread are despicable beings and shameful humans. They are each far more a scourge to this planet than anyone they rant against.

Thank you for demonstrating the absurdity of the idea of free speech. It was inevitable that the left would demand incarceration of anyone who dared to criticize their favored sexual perverts.

Thank you for demonstrating the absurdity of the idea of free speech. It was inevitable that the left would demand incarceration of anyone who dared to criticize their favored sexual perverts.

Calling for gays to be killed in an electrified cage is free speech?

Why not just subject them to the same treatment once reserved by the Inquisition for Jews? Torture them until they confess their homosexuality, then kill them. That's what happened back in the good old days when people were truly moral, after all.

Calling for gays to be killed in an electrified cage is free speech?

Why not just subject them to the same treatment once reserved by the Inquisition for Jews? Torture them until they confess their homosexuality, then kill them. That's what happened back in the good old days when people were truly moral, after all.

I'm not a fan of electric execution, but the method doesn't really matter.

Torture, forced confessions, etc. of course have nothing to do with anything and are red herrings.

Did any Christians shoot up a Gay club recently in the name of a radical Christian terrorist group?

the christians prefer planned parenthood, ok city, sikh temple, Dr Tiller, TV Unitarian church, Dr John Britton, centennial olympic park, barnett slepian, Brookline mass, Austin IRS, matthew shepard and alen berg so yes the christians havent as of yet touched a gay nightclub but give em time because repression is something christians love to.

The bottom line of all of this is this:

Gorka: ‘Wake Up, America, the War Is Here’

And he's right.

ISIS inspired lone wolf attacks by either misguided Islamic fundamentalists or radicalized in Mosques, or worse via the Internet, are here, and we've got to deal with them in some sort of effective manner.

Seems to be that federal agents observing Mosques and investigating possible radical preaching may very well be a reasonable start. It's not other religions that are inspiring people to kill others en-mass.

Threatening violence is already illegal. Proclaiming, publically, that you hate someone isn't illegal, nor should it be.

If you don't think preaching is a call to action for the faithful, then you have an entirely different view of the intent of religious speech than I do. I suppose, from your comments, you have no problem with fanatical Islamic Imans who preach such hate on a regular basis and are instrumental in molding Islamic terrorists. They're just exercising free speech.

If you don't think preaching is a call to action for the faithful, then you have an entirely different view of the intent of religious speech than I do. I suppose, from your comments, you have no problem with fanatical Islamic Imans who preach such hate on a regular basis and are instrumental in molding Islamic terrorists. They're just exercising free speech.

Incitement to violence is punishable, always has been, however the principle of free speech is well-documented, CJ. THAT should never be touched. You are free to hate. The minute you abridge that right, kiss free speech goodbye. Canada should know, they have hate speech laws, and tribunals now. How's that working out?

Tim-

I don't care what theology you profess, such hate speech should be treated for what it is, an indictable offense and should be prosecuted to the fullest. There is no first amendment right to counselling hate and murder. Both the examples in this thread are despicable beings and shameful humans. They are each far more a scourge to this planet than anyone they rant against.

These people should be arrested. We don't have need for inciting violence.
My hope is that masses of people will speak up against hatred instead of succumbing to it. We need to unite against violence instead of looking for excuses or pointing fingers.

Incitement to violence is punishable, always has been, however the principle of free speech is well-documented, CJ. THAT should never be touched. You are free to hate. The minute you abridge that right, kiss free speech goodbye. Canada should know, they have hate speech laws, and tribunals now. How's that working out?

Tim-

While I abhor much of what the Human Rights Commissions, both federally and provincially, do here in Canada, if either of these "gentlemen" outlined in this thread spewed this nonsense in Canada I'd have zero problem with them being charged and convicted in contravention of our hate laws. It is not just the PC crowd that would find the comments here disgraceful and unacceptable in our society.

Tim-

You are not to yell fire in a theater, and you are not to call for violence. This isn't a matter of free speech.
We didn't come this far from "hang'em high" for nothing. We have evolved, we have hate crimes laws, do we not?

While I abhor much of what the Human Rights Commissions, both federally and provincially, do here in Canada, if either of these "gentlemen" outlined in this thread spewed this nonsense in Canada I'd have zero problem with them being charged and convicted in contravention of our hate laws. It is not just the PC crowd that would find the comments here disgraceful and unacceptable in our society.

And that right there folks is exactly why we should NEVER touch free speech, thanks John.

Tim-

You are not to yell fire in a theater, and you are not to call for violence. This isn't a matter of free speech.
We didn't come this far from "hang'em high" for nothing. We have evolved, we have hate crimes laws, do we not?

In certain States, yes, and they are arguably not needed. But some, like I am sure you, disagree. The key of course is in the use of the word, crime.

Tim-

And that right there folks is exactly why we should NEVER touch free speech, thanks John.

Tim-

Okey doke - you should be yelling from the rooftops in your country to have everyone stop complaining about Imans counselling young Muslim men to kill infidels, become suicide bombers, join ISIS, etc. because that's all just free speech from a religious podium and they should be protected in their hate.

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right." - Martin Luther King

Okey doke - you should be yelling from the rooftops in your country to have everyone stop complaining about Imans counselling young Muslim men to kill infidels, become suicide bombers, join ISIS, etc. because that's all just free speech from a religious podium and they should be protected in their hate.

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right." - Martin Luther King

That would be a great argument if none of it was incitement.. Look, back away, CJ, take a breath, you're arguing the wrong scenario.

Tim-

why? should "moderate Christians" protest these people also?

https://mic.com/articles/22654/10-most-wildly-anti-gay-preachers-in-america#.W6UhCK3Pq

theres a list of the top ten worst anti-gay preachers all of them have called for death for homosexuals some are in congress, and if you read the list then you''ll see according to them, the worst anti-gay preacher in America is actually from florida. This was written 3 years ago

I do not deny that a lot of Christian preachers say stupid stuff too. But, let's face it---Christians in the US are not actually killing gays. The guy who shot 50 of them to death, wounding 50 more, was a Muslim. Now would be the time for moderate Muslims to protest this hate speech making Imam SOB.

No matter what our view of religious speech is, unless there specific threat, out a still protected by the 1st Amendment. We can't just start bssnning things based on our own personal opinion. There's too much of that going on, already.

You would never admit it when it does. They could never protest shrilly enough for you.

You be sure and let me know when it does and I'll commend them. I won't hold my breath.

Torture, forced confessions, etc. of course have nothing to do with anything and are red herrings.

So, as long as the gays are killed, the method doesn't matter? Is shooting up a gay nightclub a good start, then?

Oh my God. Seriously?

That would be a great argument if none of it was incitement.. Look, back away, CJ, take a breath, you're arguing the wrong scenario.

Tim-

I don't have any idea what that means.

The two examples provided here are incitement to hate and violence, in my view, by religious leaders who use their positions to instruct and exhort their followings into action. If you don't see it that way, I'm sorry but you're blind to the problem. If you do see it that way and you're still fine with it based on free speech protection, I'm sorry but you're part of the problem.

Civilized societies cannot condone and dismiss this type of speech and if they do they deserve the kinds of incidents such as happened early Sunday morning in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom