• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Imam Speaking in Orlando Said Gays Must Be Killed Out of 'Compassion'

I would say that I very much disagree with that man, but would be horrified, were he not allowed to hold his ideas and defend them.

He should be protested against though as loudly as the SJW's protest the KKK.

I don't have any idea what that means.

The two examples provided here are incitement to hate and violence, in my view, by religious leaders who use their positions to instruct and exhort their followings into action. If you don't see it that way, I'm sorry but you're blind to the problem. If you do see it that way and you're still fine with it based on free speech protection, I'm sorry but you're part of the problem.

Civilized societies cannot condone and dismiss this type of speech and if they do they deserve the kinds of incidents such as happened early Sunday morning in Orlando.

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

IIRC, late last year Christian pastors were ordered by the then Mayor of Houston, Annise Parker, to provide copies of their sermons to her office that talked about homosexuality. *The Courts blocked her request, plus she lost her bid for reelection in January 2016*

I guess my question is why can Islamic Imams in the US call for the death of homosexuals, and WHY are we catering to these radicals in the US? This is America, not the ME where homosexuals are routinely killed in cruel ways for sport, but it sure looks like our government is on their side so we don't "offend" them! :bs: Americans are getting killed because of their inflammatory rhetoric, dammit! WTH is going on here? :thumbdown:

IIRC, late last year Christian pastors were ordered by the then Mayor of Houston, Annise Parker, to provide copies of their sermons to her office that talked about homosexuality. *The Courts blocked her request, plus she lost her bid for reelection in January 2016*

I guess my question is why can Islamic Imams in the US call for the death of homosexuals, and WHY are we catering to these radicals in the US? This is America, not the ME where homosexuals are routinely killed in cruel ways for sport, but it sure looks like our government is on their side so we don't "offend" them! :bs: Americans are getting killed because of their inflammatory rhetoric, dammit! WTH is going on here? :thumbdown:

Free speech and freedom of religion. That's why Pat Robertson can go on TV and blame gays for every tragedy that befalls the US and not be thrown off the air by the FTC.

Good afternoon Lady P. - I agree with you - I remember the reverend from the Westboro Church (I think that's the name) whom your government coddled and condoned for going after military funerals and gays but that same government stood up and took notice when he decided he was going to burn Korans in front of his church and they rushed in to stop him with threats and permit violations, etc. Frankly, it reminds me of the south and the KKK and the way they were protected and coddled by the governments and police there until minds finally changed. Let's hope it doesn't take so long this time.

Lip service and nothing more.

I'll be convinced when, "moderate", Muslims are just as physically outraged at the terrorists as they when they perceive an insult to Islam.

What, exactly, do you expect them to do?

What, exactly, do you expect them to do?

Expect? I don't expect them to do anything; anything beyond lip service.

What I would like to see is the same level of outrage we see when they get pissed off about any other perceived affront.

Did any Christians shoot up a Gay club recently in the name of a radical Christian terrorist group?

No, the Christian version have stuck to the women's clinics, thus far. That's not to say that, given the chance, there aren't groups of American Christians who would gladly stone gay people to death, in orgies of biblical justice/violence. They'd be picking out small rocks for the children to throw.

Look, anyone who thinks swaths of Islam are off its nut are probably seeing pretty clearly. To gloss over how many others in America exist with delusions equally dangerous is to not take seriously what threatens us. The persistent insinuation that Christianity is not capable of creating monsters too is immensely naïve. Modern Islam is not history's only monster machine. The body count has been created by enough faithful of all stripes to go around.

Expect? I don't expect them to do anything; anything beyond lip service.

What I would like to see is the same level of outrage we see when they get pissed off about any other perceived affront.

You're easy to satisfy, then.

This may be one of the demonstrations Manc Skipper was talking about:

Muslim anti-Isis march not covered by mainstream media outlets, say organisers

arbaeen-london.jpg

Thousands of people took part in the annual UK Arbaeen Procession, coordinated by the Husaini Islamic Trust UK, on Sunday.

I don't know if our MSM in the US is any better. Probably not.

This may be one of the demonstrations Manc Skipper was talking about:

Muslim anti-Isis march not covered by mainstream media outlets, say organisers

arbaeen-london.jpg

I don't know if our MSM in the US is any better. Probably not.

That's one. Should we check the ratio of anti-terrorism demonstrations (not just anti-ISIS) to anti-every-damn-thing-else-that Muslims get pissed off about?

We so afraid of kissing off the muslims, but the terrorists don't seem to have that concern. Why is that?

That's one. Should we check the ratio of anti-terrorism demonstrations (not just anti-ISIS) to anti-every-damn-thing-else-that Muslims get pissed off about?

We so afraid of kissing off the muslims, but the terrorists don't seem to have that concern. Why is that?

Whine they don't demonstrate, then when shown they do, whine they dont demonstrate enough, or not on Tuesdays, or whatever whine comes to mind to avoid admitting you were wrong. Ever.

Whine they don't demonstrate, then when shown they do, whine they dont demonstrate enough, or not on Tuesdays, or whatever whine comes to mind to avoid admitting you were wrong. Ever.

You showed one demonstration. One demonstration does not an anti-terrorism revolution make.

You showed one demonstration. One demonstration does not an anti-terrorism revolution make.

I didn't show it, and you didn't ask for a revolution, just an example, which you got. What have you got off your rear and done about it? Cue more goalpost shifting....

I didn't show it, and you didn't ask for a revolution, just an example, which you got. What have you got off your rear and done about it? Cue more goalpost shifting....

You claimed "moderate" Muslims were standing up to Muslim terrorists. You failed to support the claim.

Back
Top Bottom