• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Could Unseat One Congressman/Woman....

TeleKat

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Lets say you have the opportunity to eject any congressman/woman from his/her seat in Congress tomorrow. Who would you unseat and why?

I realize it would be a highly difficult choice, but whoever is the biggest liar and sleazebag. So many to choose from...........

Nancy Pelosi.

Why? Because I have a visceral hate for her fake smile and I detest idiot extremist puppets like her.

Are we talking only Congress and not the Senate Congresscritters?

I am not a praying girl, but I pray every night that my heinous Congresscritter, Carol Shea-Porter, gets back on the unemployment line in January of 2015.

But aside from her, I'd say Nancy Pelosi, because she sucks and is a dangerous old coot.

I'd say she's mostly just stupid, with a twist of crazy.

I just hope she stays around long enough for the day that one of her Botoxed eyebrows goes flying off her head while she's uttering her usual nonsense to the media.

Clearly, the only logical answer is Harry Reid. He is the most destructive force against democracy currently wielding power in the US Capital at this time.

Edit: I am taking the term 'congressman/woman" to mean a member of congress, either side of the congress - and not strictly limited to representatives in the house.

Oh, so many good candidates to choose from!

I think I'd select Steve King, who, unlike the author by the same name, is not even entertaining.

Although, Maxine Waters would be a great candidate as well.

Oh, so many good candidates to choose from!

I think I'd select Steve King, who, unlike the author by the same name, is not even entertaining.

Although, Maxine Waters would be a great candidate as well.

The problem is with the ones I would like to unseat they belong in districts that has been so gerrymandered we would end up with someone probably more far left or far right than the one that was unseated.

Clearly, the only logical answer is Harry Reid. He is the most destructive force against democracy currently wielding power in the US Capital at this time.

Edit: I am taking the term 'congressman/woman" to mean a member of congress, either side of the congress - and not strictly limited to representatives in the house.

I can agree with that, Reid has to go if the senate is going to be functional again. McConnell needs to be right behind him.

I can agree with that, Reid has to go if the senate is going to be functional again. McConnell needs to be right behind him.

I can't disagree with that - there has to be better options than either of those two.

Good evening Pero

And what about Charlie Rangel - how long is that travesty going to continue?

The problem is with the ones I would like to unseat they belong in districts that has been so gerrymandered we would end up with someone probably more far left or far right than the one that was unseated.

That sounds to me like a great argument for redistricting, not done by the representatives.

I can't disagree with that - there has to be better options than either of those two.

Good evening Pero

Howdy CJ, you betcha. There seems to me to be about 98 better options in the senate other than these two.

That sounds to me like a great argument for redistricting, not done by the representatives.

I have always had this dream of when redistricting is done to leave as many whole counties as possible. I live in a county with about 30,000 people and it is divided up into three CD districts. There is no rhyme or reason for that. I can use a stubby pencil, take a map of Georgia and draw its 14 CD's with only 6 counties divided up. All districts have between 685,000-715,000 folks. That is within 3 percentage points, plus or minus of the 700,000 that is suppose to be in each district.

Lets say you have the opportunity to eject any congressman/woman from his/her seat in Congress tomorrow. Who would you unseat and why?

Raul Grijalva. The guy is a damned commie and his whole family is spreading their filth all over town.

And what about Charlie Rangel - how long is that travesty going to continue?

I thought about Rangel. But the guy's 84. I wouldn't waste this superpower on someone who isn't long for Congress anyway.

Congressman Paul Broun said:
God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell, It's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

This man has disproportionate influence on the nation's science and research policy. I'll give him the big bang theory, really understanding it is fairly high-end astrophysics that is well outside his field. I'm well-educated and I don't ****in get it either, not really. Evolution? We're really sketchy there. A good portion of the field of biology doesn't make any goddamned sense anymore if evolution is out of the picture.

But embryology? I have to put my foot down there. You're a doctor, for ****'s sake. You have two children. When you did those ultrasounds exactly what the **** did you think you were looking at, you ignorant hack?

get rid of reid then you would have dick durbin as majority leader, get rid of him and then chuck schumer becomes majority leader, and so on and so on.

the real question is who would you replace Reid with?

Elizabeth Warren. She farts in a wine glass and sniffs it.

Chuck Schumer. Even liberals would hate his guts if they're weren't so blindly partisan and misinformed.

Unseat all of them.

Back
Top Bottom