• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Could Unseat One Congressman/Woman....

I thought about Rangel. But the guy's 84. I wouldn't waste this superpower on someone who isn't long for Congress anyway.

Charlie's like a vampire - you'll need a golden stake to kill him and remove him from Congress.

get rid of reid then you would have dick durbin as majority leader, get rid of him and then chuck schumer becomes majority leader, and so on and so on.

the real question is who would you replace Reid with?

McConnell is easy, I would replace him with Alexander. My first choice would have been Levin, but he is retiring. Manchin I really like but I think is way too conservative for majority leader, perhaps ones of the Udall's, either Mark or Tom, then there is Tester.

If there was ever a need for term limits, it is now. Half of them are half dead, and the rest is mostly brain dead or never have a thought of their own to begin with. Sorry, can't decide on just one, although Reid and Pelosi top the list.

get rid of reid then you would have dick durbin as majority leader, get rid of him and then chuck schumer becomes majority leader, and so on and so on.

the real question is who would you replace Reid with?

Anyone sane. Are there any left on either side of the aisle that qualify for the job? Both sides are all having fun playing partisan games, while the rest of the country just aimlessly drifts into no mans land. What do we have to do to get things turned around again? There was a time, not too long ago, when they actually *gasp* worked together, compromised, and did what was best for the people who elected them - no know, we dummies that pay their salaries! When and why did the millions of us lose our voices, or is it that we didn't - they just decided to ignore us? :bs:

Greetings, Unitedwestand13. :2wave:

Anyone sane. Are there any left on either side of the aisle that qualify for the job? Both sides are all having fun playing partisan games, while the rest of the country just aimlessly drifts into no mans land. What do we have to do to get things turned around again? There was a time, not too long ago, when they actually *gasp* worked together, compromised, and did what was best for the people who elected them - no know, we dummies that pay their salaries! When and why did the millions of us lose our voices, or is it that we didn't - they just decided to ignore us? :bs:

Greetings, Unitedwestand13. :2wave:
For the time-being, I would let them go home for August and not let any of them return, exiling them ALL from the capital. Let the SCOTUS work with the Executive branch since all issues seem to wind up there anyway. And of course Linc has plenty more ideas to right the ship .

For the time-being, I would let them go home for August and not let any of them return, exiling them ALL from the capital. Let the SCOTUS work with the Executive branch since all issues seem to wind up there anyway. And of course Linc has plenty more ideas to right the ship .

Good idea on not letting them return - nothing much is being accomplished anyway! If they were working for minimum wage, I wouldn't mind so much, but these people are being paid very well for ignoring our wishes. Why doesn't someone invent a robot that can replace them - business did it with automation of production lines, which made things more efficient. And robots don't complain and fight with each other while acting like idiots - they just do their job! Maybe I've watched too many Star Wars movies or something, but a R2D2 would be a welcome replacement for what we're currently putting up with! :mrgreen:

Greetings, NIMBY! :2wave: Hope you have a great weekend!

Let's throw all the rascals out and start over with new rascals. Maybe we can get some who can actually accomplish something more than partisan grand standing and political shenanigans.

Maybe. It's worth a try at any rate.

Just one?

Louie Gohmert, if only to raise their collective IQ back to something that has a pulse.

I've got more but he's at the top of the sh-t list.

Good idea on not letting them return - nothing much is being accomplished anyway! If they were working for minimum wage, I wouldn't mind so much, but these people are being paid very well for ignoring our wishes. Why doesn't someone invent a robot that can replace them - business did it with automation of production lines, which made things more efficient. And robots don't complain and fight with each other while acting like idiots - they just do their job! Maybe I've watched too many Star Wars movies or something, but a R2D2 would be a welcome replacement for what we're currently putting up with! :mrgreen:

Greetings, NIMBY! :2wave: Hope you have a great weekend!

We have 1,100 miles today from New Mexico back to Illinois--I-40 to I-44 to I-55 to I-39--the Interstates--still one of the all-time greatest Presidential ideas by Eisenhower.

Difficult times require extraordinary solutions. All 50 governors have to balance their budgets. For the most part, they are to the right of DEMs and to the left of REPUBs. They have been begging for common-sense solutions, something everyone in the Capital could use .

We have 1,100 miles today from New Mexico back to Illinois--I-40 to I-44 to I-55 to I-39--the Interstates--still one of the all-time greatest Presidential ideas by Eisenhower.

Difficult times require extraordinary solutions. All 50 governors have to balance their budgets. For the most part, they are to the right of DEMs and to the left of REPUBs. They have been begging for common-sense solutions, something everyone in the Capital could use .

I agree that some common sense is needed, but is it too much to hope for? Government always takes care of itself first, but that pits hundreds in DC against millions of us - surely we can demand accountability in good conscience, and get things back on the right track, can't we? Acting like spoiled brats is a very unbecoming trait in adults, and should be corrected by letting them know we will replace them if necessary. No excuses allowed!

Have a safe trip home, and I hope you had a great time on your vacation!

I agree that some common sense is needed, but is it too much to hope for? Government always takes care of itself first, but that pits hundreds in DC against millions of us - surely we can demand accountability in good conscience, and get things back on the right track, can't we? Acting like spoiled brats is a very unbecoming trait in adults, and should be corrected by letting them know we will replace them if necessary. No excuses allowed!

Have a safe trip home, and I hope you had a great time on your vacation!

If Obama can put forth his executive orders, so can the the people rise up in their states through their governors.

As we left IL, we went through IA, NE, SD, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV, AZ, NM and right now TX--all GOP governors--I think they can make a difference.

I've always been impressed with what Western states can do with their resources, especially Utah .

If Obama can put forth his executive orders, so can the the people rise up in their states through their governors.

As we left IL, we went through IA, NE, SD, WY, MT, ID, UT, NV, AZ, NM and right now TX--all GOP governors--I think they can make a difference.

I've always been impressed with what Western states can do with their resources, especially Utah .

And don't forget ND - they have the lowest unemployment figures, and are booming! Not bad for a State that few people ever paid much attention to! :thumbs:

And don't forget ND - they have the lowest unemployment figures, and are booming! Not bad for a State that few people ever paid much attention to! :thumbs:

Don't forget North Dakota is home to Theodore Roosevelt Bational Park, TR being one of my top heroes. When you get a chance, Google their Sen. Heidi Heitkamp--one of my favorites .

Lets say you have the opportunity to eject any congressman/woman from his/her seat in Congress tomorrow. Who would you unseat and why?

The one from my district. Because that is the only one I can really impact.

Many people say congress is horrible, but vote to keep the person in their district in place.

Nancy Pelosi.

She's a corrupt career politician who advocates destructive policies.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of that "evolution and embryology are lies from the pit of hell" guy. And he's on the committee of science and technology! Get rid of the anti-science guy holding science back.

McConnell is easy, I would replace him with Alexander. My first choice would have been Levin, but he is retiring. Manchin I really like but I think is way too conservative for majority leader, perhaps ones of the Udall's, either Mark or Tom, then there is Tester.

all of those choices are not possiable because they are considered too junior to be majority leader.

i think majority leaders are elected by their fellow senators, and currently the democratic senate leadership contains some names quite..... unpaletable to most conservatives.

Party leadership of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

after Reid, Durbin, and schumer, the remaining top democrats are Patty Murray, michael bennet, debbie stabenow, mark begich, Barbra boxer, and patrick leahy

all of those choices are not possiable because they are considered too junior to be majority leader.

i think majority leaders are elected by their fellow senators, and currently the democratic senate leadership contains some names quite..... unpaletable to most conservatives.

Party leadership of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

after Reid, Durbin, and schumer, the remaining top democrats are Patty Murray, michael bennet, debbie stabenow, mark begich, Barbra boxer, and patrick leahy

Begich has only been in office since Jan 2009, he would do. Ideology doesn't concern me that much as someone who would work with the opposite party leader. Dashle and Lott and then Frist did so as did Mitchell and Dole. These are the kind of people I am talking about. Reid and mcConnell only see Democrat and Republican and not American. I would not care if Schummer or Murray or whomever as long as it was someone who was willing to compromise and run the senate as the senate should be run. No tabling every bill from the House, let them have debate and a vote. The senate has the power to change anything in the bill, to add and delete, to amend, so what is Reid afraid of. I will tell you, he doesn't want his fellow Democratic senators from red states to have to vote against a bill that would be very popular to the citizens of that state and thus take a change of losing that senator.

McConnell is just as bad with all his filibustering. But it does seem to me this is exactly the type of shenanigans the die hards of each party want. No compromise, not giving the other fellow 10% or 20% of what he wants in order to get 90% or 80%, it is my way or no way. Perhaps this is what you want, perhaps not. I do not like it one bit.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of that "evolution and embryology are lies from the pit of hell" guy. And he's on the committee of science and technology! Get rid of the anti-science guy holding science back.

Already gone. Ineligible for re-election since he ran for and lost the Georgia Senate primary. Can't say I'm sad to see him go.

I realize it would be a highly difficult choice, but whoever is the biggest liar and sleazebag. So many to choose from...........
It would be so hard to pick. What good would just one be anyway? Who else fills the seat probably wouldn't be much different.

Actually I think Manchin would be an excellent choice to take Reid's position. First off he seems to be an honest person not afraid to speak out when he thinks his own party leadership is off the reservation. Right now we do not have a true center because everything has been pulled so far to the left. Until that gets corrected, the partisan divide will continue to deepen. Right now I am for anyone who will put on the brakes and stop the insanity.

this is a bull**** superpower.

trying to pick just one congresscritter is like trying to ea just one potato chip.

gimme the power to remove at least 10 or it isn't worth it.

this is a bull**** superpower.

trying to pick just one congresscritter is like trying to ea just one potato chip.

gimme the power to remove at least 10 or it isn't worth it.

Personally, I think We the People are going to rise up this November and do some serious house cleaning in Congress. I see a tsunami forming in the distance that is about to hit. Even my lefty friends whom I love dearly even though we don't see eye to eye on politics are admitting the need to move back to the right.

Lets say you have the opportunity to eject any congressman/woman from his/her seat in Congress tomorrow. Who would you unseat and why?

I would have to pick from the senate Reid and McConnel

Back
Top Bottom