• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I support Israel, and you?

I don't inherently support nor inherently disagree with Israel. I think they've ****ed up royally over the years, and made their own bed in some ways. AND, I think their adversaries have as well. Honestly, I just think we should put a big protective dome over Israel and Palestine and let them duke it out without involving the rest of the world. Then the winner just gives us the secret knock and we let them all back out. :lol:

LOL

Sometimes that DOES seem like the only thing to do. :lol:

I'm with all who said they support neither. I love the people of Israel and Palestine, but I really don't like their leaders at all.

No secret that I am pro-Israeli.

They are my nation's allies.
We share many political, cultural and economic ties.
They are the only nation in the Middle east I can be sure doesn't hate me and wish me dead.
There are strategic advantages to having Israel as an ally.
I sympathize with the Jewish desire to have a homeland of their own, especially in light of the Holocaust.
I have a tendency to favor the tough plucky underdog who surprises everyone with his successes, and being a tiny state surrounded by larger hostile enemies Israel is certaintly that.
I despise anti-Semitism.
Lastly I have religious reasons to support Israel. I am not Jewish but my own religion says that God will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse it.

There are times when I think, regarding some action Israel takes, "That wasn't a good call," or "that could have been handled better." I tend to keep these thoughts to myself, however, as there is never any shortage of critics who will gleefully point them out and exacerbate them beyond all reason... no need to add fuel to that fire.

They are the only nation in the Middle east I can be sure doesn't hate me and wish me dead.
I sympathize with the Jewish desire to have a homeland of their own, especially in light of the Holocaust.
I have a tendency to favor the tough plucky underdog who surprises everyone with his successes, and being a tiny state surrounded by larger hostile enemies Israel is certaintly that.
I despise anti-Semitism.
Lastly I have religious reasons to support Israel. I am not Jewish but my own religion says that God will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse it.

There are times when I think, regarding some action Israel takes, "That wasn't a good call," or "that could have been handled better." I tend to keep these thoughts to myself, however, as there is never any shortage of critics who will gleefully point them out and exacerbate them beyond all reason... no need to add fuel to that fire.

I pretty much agree with everything on the list, but it doesn't mean that they should get a pass for doing stupid stuff. Noone should.

Israel is a liberal, western democracy under attack constantly by those with archly regressive value systems.

It is a world leader in medical technology and engineering. Those who attack it honor the mass murderer as their highest achievement.

Jews are a tiny, persecuted minority up against an overwhelming number of hateful bigots. The Bigots use their numerical advantage to hoodwink useful idiots in the west into doing their bidding.

The attack upon Jews takes the form of physical attack, but more importantly, a rhetorical attack. Today's Nazi inspired movement is coming from the European left instead of the old right, and takes the form of double talk aimed at destroying Israel but with protests by these new Nazis that they have nothing against Jews.

I support Israel, and I detest the useful idiots that do the bidding of their tormentors. I detest them even more because they have the temerity to try to pass themselves off as "very liberal".
I don't support Israel but ^this is exactly why I can't stand their enemies. I rather die in my own vommit than support an islamist cause, regardless of Israels policies and supposed crimes. these people don't fight for freedom, you could give them Israel and we'll simply move on to the next conflict that includes muslims. Jews..., it would be nice if we could focus on some other minute minority for a while, instead of boring future generations with another 'never again'.

This I agree with, and If I had to chose a side I would in most cases side with Israel. Its more civilized and technologically advanced amidst almost totally primitive and racist savages who haven't changed in centuries and resents Israel for bringing industry, modern technology and intelligence into their region of stagnation.

I despise anti-Semitism.

This I do not agree with, they chose to be surrounded by hostile enemies for superstitious reasons. Zionism is mystical nonsense and on those matters I really do not care about anyone's claim that their god is also their omniscient real estate broker. I'm opposed to that manner of argument for the (re)establishment of Israel. Israeli respect for rights, rights being a foreign concept in that region, is reason enough to support them.

I once heard a Muslim use that justification for those Muslims who do not condemn Jihadists. IMO it would be more honest to speak your mind when you don't support their actions as you do when you support them.

Last edited:
I support finding a just and lasting peace.

I support Israel.

They are a peaceful democracy that is beset on all sides by bigoted religious fanatics; a persecuted minority that is maligned incessantly by hard-line leftist ideologues and closet anti-Semites.

I support Israel.

I support finding a just and lasting peace.

That's hard to do when one side's definition of "peace" is "Isreal is utterly destroyed."

No rhetoric, but the actual words of some of the anti-Israel crowd in the mideast.

I cant believe you throw those two in the same basket without batting an eyelash.

increasingly they are becoming indistinguishable.

There can be no peace with those who aim to conquer the entire world, and force all to submit to Islam.

exactly. Israel insists it has the right to exist; Hamas insists it does not. those are mutually exclusive claims, and there can be no peace until one side gives.

exactly. Israel insists it has the right to exist; Hamas insists it does not. those are mutually exclusive claims, and there can be no peace until one side gives.

Well... even if Israel gives up and submits, somehow I doubt that the Caliphate 2.0 will be 'peaceful' by any degree :) .

This thread > Hate

[video=google;746557429802139093]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=746557429802139093#[/video]

This thread > Hate

[video=google;746557429802139093]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=746557429802139093#[/video]

More lockstep Israel hatred from the U.K.
Gee, what a surprise. :roll:

I support the Jewish people, but not Israel. I support their rights to have a country, but not their right to occupy another's country, which is more land than they need. I'm not bigoted. I have some Jewish friends.

However, I find the modern Israel, not the one that was originally intended to be founded arrogant. It attacked a flotilla of pro-palestinian activists. And they complain to the world that pro-israeli activists get attacked. They attacked an aid ship. They deny that Gaza is hungry. They allow some aid, but it is estimated that it's only one-fourths of the aid needed in Gaza. They attacked a ship in international waters.

I think the founders of Israel didn't intend Israel to be in the current situation right now. I'm trying to be neutral as possible, but I don't trust my judgement on Israel ever since the news about the flotilla

Also, its claim to Palestinian land is ridiculous. Even if it is their holy land, then Christians have a right to Jerusalem. If it's right because it was their ancient land, then Korea has a right to Manchuria because two of its kingdoms, Gogueryo and Balhae, conquered most of Manchuria and even parts of Eastern Russian land.

I said that I respect the Jewish people and their ability to withstand hate, and persecution for thousands of years. No other race suffered as much as the Jews. However, their attitude toward the world is arrogant. At least, the Israeli government's attitude is.

I respect Jewish values. I respect the Jewish people. However, I don't respect the government of Israel.

Please note that I make a distinction between the Israeli government and the Jewish people

Please note that I make a distinction between the Israeli government and the Jewish people

Absolutely - I'm not sure at what point in history Israel and "jewish" became synonymous - but far too often people draw connections when there isn't really one to be made.

If one wants to know why is highly unlikely that there with ever be a permanent peace in the ME, you need look no further than this thread. Two sides, equally guilty of doing terrible things to each other, pointing fingers at each other, each blaming the other for "provoking it." NEITHER side, willing to accept THEIR own responsibility or make the changes required the end the evil, the killing, the distruction and the suffering. They both suck and I support neither.

If one wants to know why is highly unlikely that there with ever be a permanent peace in the ME, you need look no further than this thread. Two sides, equally guilty of doing terrible things to each other, pointing fingers at each other, each blaming the other for "provoking it." NEITHER side, willing to accept THEIR own responsibility or make the changes required the end the evil, the killing, the distruction and the suffering. They both suck and I support neither.

Honestly, I don't think the scale is evenly tipped on both sides. It's more so 99% of the problem resides with the Arab world/Palestinians and 1% with Israel. You can't make peace with those who's very goal is to destroy and murder your people. There will not be peace until the Arab nations get a new leadership and the people adopt a new ideology regarding Jews.

Not to forget that it's also heavily wrapped up with religious beliefs. Christians are encouraged to support Israel because they were "god's chosen people" and so on - it's just a mess.

Not to forget that it's also heavily wrapped up with religious beliefs. Christians are encouraged to support Israel because they were "god's chosen people" and so on - it's just a mess.

That's not necessarily true. Many Christians won't support them because the Jews were "Christ killers." We aren't commanded to support them, however most do support Israel usually because of political beliefs.

Honestly, I don't think the scale is evenly tipped on both sides. It's more so 99% of the problem resides with the Arab world/Palestinians and 1% with Israel. You can't make peace with those who's very goal is to destroy and murder your people. There will not be peace until the Arab nations get a new leadership and the people adopt a new ideology regarding Jews.

While it may not be apparent to you, your post actually reinforces exactly what I have said. No sir, "99% of the problem" does not lie at the feet of either side. 100% "of the problem" comes from both.

While it may not be apparent to you, your post actually reinforces exactly what I have said. No sir, "99% of the problem" does not lie at the feet of either side. 100% "of the problem" comes from both.

When you add it up it does equal 100%. My point is that there is not an equal amount from both sides contributing to the issue. 99% of the problem lies with the Arab nations who militantly oppose Israel. The other 1% resides with Israel and some of the things they have done. The blame is not equal and the solution will not require equal change from both sides.

When you add it up it does equal 100%. My point is that there is not an equal amount from both sides contributing to the issue. 99% of the problem lies with the Arab nations who militantly oppose Israel. The other 1% resides with Israel and some of the things they have done. The blame is not equal and the solution will not require equal change from both sides.

This has become circular and as such, is pretty much pointless. I couldn't think of better way of showing what the effect of using one's personal prejudices to discuss this ongoing issue have. Thank you for making "my point" for me.

This has become circular and as such, is pretty much pointless. I couldn't think of better way of showing what the effect of using one's personal prejudices to discuss this ongoing issue have. Thank you for making "my point" for me.

It's not about "personal prejudice," it's about facts and truth. The facts and truth are that the vast majority of the problem lies with the Arab world, they have committed the most faults and thus one cannot say that the blame is equally distributed between both sides. How many wars did Israel start? How many treaties and peace agreements did they go along with? Heck, they gave Gaza away in the hopes of peace and it turned into a hell hole run by terrorists because they people chose that. The problem lies majority with the Arab world and the Palestinians, Israel gets screwed in the process and is guilty until proven guilty just as Netenyahu said.

Back
Top Bottom