• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have no one to write to @ boot camp

I realized No one1 is going to write to me atbooot boot camp in January.

I don’t have girlfriend or anyth8bg.

I MAy hav3 drunken way too much as A result.

Man I just want girlfriend or some 1 to write to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pen pals are easy to find. Even convicted murderers in prisons have them.

I'll write to you. Which branch did you join?

I knew a guy who was able to keep a blog going during his training. If that works for you, you'll have the entirety of DP to communicate with.

I knew a guy who was able to keep a blog going during his training. If that works for you, you'll have the entirety of DP to communicate with.

I guess for AIT it’s much more relaxed and people have a lot more privileges, but that’s not until after the initial boot camp.

I guess for AIT it’s much more relaxed and people have a lot more privileges, but that’s not until after the initial boot camp.
Yeah. They take your phone and shit. I didn't get a phone call for 5 weeks, and it was only a 1 minute call that week. In AIT I had my ipad and everything. It depends how long your AIT is. The longer your AIT the more chill it is, generally.

I genuinely will write to you, if you want.

Yeah. They take your phone and shit. I didn't get a phone call for 5 weeks, and it was only a 1 minute call that week. In AIT I had my ipad and everything. It depends how long your AIT is. The longer your AIT the more chill it is, generally.

I genuinely will write to you, if you want.

I would greatly appreciate that!

The guy I knew had been an officer in a foreign army before enlisting. There were other differences from a regular enlistment on account of that.

It's usually called Basic Training in the Army, not Boot Camp.

Stop in at your local VFW and explain your circumstances. Might find someone to write to there.

My advice?

Don't write to anyone. Nobody. No family, no friends. Immerse yourself completely in Basic Training. Study, work on your uniform, keep your area squared away, work on your physical fitness. Try to do everything you can to not only meet standards, but exceed them. Avoid any distractions. If the opportunity arises to take on leadership positions...grab it.

btw, I went through Army Basic Training twice. The first time when I was 18 and later, when I rejoined the Army at age 30. The differences...in MY attitude...were like night and day. My advice to you comes from my experiences.

Why are you laughing? Pretty sure that's what he applied for...it was in a thread a little while back, but I don't remember exactly.

Without knowing the above, I thought it was hilarious.

My advice?

Don't write to anyone. Nobody. No family, no friends. Immerse yourself completely in Basic Training. Study, work on your uniform, keep your area squared away, work on your physical fitness. Try to do everything you can to not only meet standards, but exceed them. Avoid any distractions. If the opportunity arises to take on leadership positions...grab it.

btw, I went through Army Basic Training twice. The first time when I was 18 and later, when I rejoined the Army at age 30. The differences...in MY attitude...were like night and day. My advice to you comes from my experiences.

I like this advice! (y)

US Army. I don’t leave for basic for another couple months tho.

Haha!

You sound a lot better at 11:A, than you did at 4:A!

Good luck, man. Glad to see you've got the job. What an amazing opportunity & experience. Wishing you the best!

The writing didn't mean anything. The pics she sent (tasteful) made me a god. That may have been the first time I was ever seen as wise. "Eco probably knows, ask him." I didn't know anything.

Last edited:
Now allow my older self to lend a bit of perspective to my anecdote above. It may even provide solace. One needn't marry their high school sweetheart and later divorce leaving a bit of a scar in one's life in order to get sweet pics in basic. You could probably hire someone for that. Maybe save yourself some trouble.

Ya know, the y in wtyre is 2 tiles off. It's not an adjacent tile. That's concerning.

The writing didn't mean anything. The pics she sent (tasteful) made me a god. That may have been the first time I was ever seen as wise. "Eco probably knows, ask him." I didn't know anything.
“The more things change…………”

;)

I wrote one letter while I was in basic to a girl I was crushing on and it never went through. I would just focus on getting through Basic.

You should focus on not going into the military. It's not too late to not go.

If you have a drinking issue, that's likely to get worse in the military.

Back
Top Bottom