• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have no one to write to @ boot camp

I realized No one1 is going to write to me atbooot boot camp in January.

I don’t have girlfriend or anyth8bg.

I MAy hav3 drunken way too much as A result.

Man I just want girlfriend or some 1 to write to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
from other thread...

Unfortunately things did not go as planned; I had a medical issue from when I was younger come back, and the army decided it didn’t require my services after all. Not sure how much I’m allowed to say about it....

I feel ya buddy. I had a friend who had dreamed of joining the USMC since he was a kid (father, grandfather were both Marines).

Tore his ACL in Boot and the Corps said "Sorry son, we can't take you anymore".

At least you tried. Most people can't say that.

It was on the last day of training. The next day we had a graduation ceremony.

I finished up airborne at Benning in Sept 1983. I reported to my unit at Ft Bragg in early Oct. I landed in Grenada 2 weeks later.
I don't see many other people who went to Grenada. I wasn't there for the invasion. I was a few weeks later and stayed six months.

I really did learn a lot about myself while I was there and I’m glad I went.

You gave it your best. People sometimes ask if I regret leaving the Army after 10 years. I tell them, "No, but I don't regret a single day of the ten years, either."

It was on the last day of training. The next day we had a graduation ceremony.

I finished up airborne at Benning in Sept 1983. I reported to my unit at Ft Bragg in early Oct. I landed in Grenada 2 weeks later.
A friend of mine, back in the day, jumped into Grenada with the 82nd. Small world.

A friend of mine, back in the day, jumped into Grenada with the 82nd. Small world.

I was plucked from my company at the last second and flew in by myself with a plane load of jeeps. I got off the C141 in the middle of the night and laid in a ditch as tracer rounds and artillery flew everywhere. At sunup, I saw an officer standing at a water buffalo wearing a white t-shirt and BDU trousers. He was very heavyset and had two armed guards. I ran up to him and asked if he knew where my unit was located and he pointed up to a spot above the airport on a hill, then he asked me where I was from and chitchatted for a minute. A very nice guy.

I didn't know who he was, but I knew he was somebody by the way he spoke, plus he had 2 guards. years later when I saw him on TV, I realized it was General Norman Schwarzkopf. True story.

Rangers jumped in. 82nd walked off their planes like the legs, so far as I know. :)

A kid a few years behind me in our high school was brought up on charges for bringing “souvenirs” back from Grenada. He was an O-3 in the 82nd.

Rangers jumped in. 82nd walked off their planes like the legs, so far as I know. :)

Likely because there aren't any large LZ's. The entire island is mountainous and somewhat rugged.

Likely because there aren't any large LZ's. The entire island is mountainous and somewhat rugged.

That probably went into the calculations. The Rangers jumped into Point Salines, to secure it for the 141s and 130s to land. No reason to jump when a 10000 foot airstrip is at your disposal.

Back
Top Bottom