• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have no one to write to @ boot camp

I realized No one1 is going to write to me atbooot boot camp in January.

I don’t have girlfriend or anyth8bg.

I MAy hav3 drunken way too much as A result.

Man I just want girlfriend or some 1 to write to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
First in the Glorious Army it's BASIC Training. What MOS are you looking at for your service? I hear the further to the rear the better the AIT time. I was 11B, my AIT made Basic seem almost dreamy. Just try and remember NCO's hate being called 'Sir'... ✌️
Your basic and AIT were separate?

First in the Glorious Army it's BASIC Training. What MOS are you looking at for your service? I hear the further to the rear the better the AIT time. I was 11B, my AIT made Basic seem almost dreamy. Just try and remember NCO's hate being called 'Sir'... ✌️

I’m doing an MOS in the military intel field, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to say what it is specifically.

You're going to be a CMF 35 Series. Why not tell us?

I just remembered they said not to go into like specifics(I think because I’m going to have a high sounding security clearance from my MOS, and they want people to get used to being discreet with info)

For all the lies you tell here at DP, I hope you wash out Russia lover.

For all the lies you tell here at DP, I hope you wash out Russia lover.

Oh look, yet ANOTHER tantrum because I don’t think Americans should be put in danger to protect regimes which celebrate Nazi collaborators as national heroes. At the end of the day there’s really no difference between you and Litwin.

I’m doing an MOS in the military intel field, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to say what it is specifically.
LOL, you can say, you just say what high speed spook crap you learn. Ya might end up in Ft. Huachuca you'll be where several Cameron U students friends ended up.

I imagine that MOS will be a good office hours class with plenty of free weekends. I think the honor student gets a set of X-Ray Specs.... ;)

It's been a long time since I've been in basic, but one tip is to make sure to buy more supplies at MEPS than you think you'll need. They'll give you a chance to buy supplies at the commissary. Get plenty of paper, pens, envelopes, stamps. Also, it's a good idea to pick up a flashlight with color filters. Sometimes the best time to write a letter is just after lights out and the filters help dim the light. It's also helpful if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Make sure to get plenty of rest though and make good food choices during mealtimes. You'll get MREs when out in the field so make sure to stock up on nutrition when you're eating on base or get a chance for hot meals. You'll be working out a lot so make sure to get enough protein whenever given the opportunity. And make sure to work in foods that help boost your immune system. People are gonna be bringing in germs from all over the country. It's literally a petri dish in basic training. There's a good chance you'll get sick to some degree so you'll want to minimize that and recover faster. Having a cold while in basic is a PIA.

Another tip is that whenever you're asked to do something make sure to do it efficiently and with the goal to exceed expectations. Your drill sergeants will be looking for any excuse to make your platoon do pushups. Their goal is get everyone to pass their final PT test as well as get everyone in proper order. They're looking for excuses to make you do extra pushups, don't be that guy who makes everyone do extra pushups frequently. And, don't get upset when other people cause you to do a punishment. It's all part of the experience and there's no getting out of it.

Last edited:
Oh look, yet ANOTHER tantrum because I don’t think Americans should be put in danger to protect regimes which celebrate Nazi collaborators as national heroes. At the end of the day there’s really no difference between you and Litwin.

You are picking up the rifle to defend our rights to say what we want. We are all beholdened to you and the rest at boot camp. I hope you make it through. And wishing you an excellent career ahead.

Here's some more bootcamp tips since you have plenty of time between now and your departure. Get as much prep done as you can. It will make your time more enjoyable. It's been a long time since I've been in boot camp, but these are things I would tell people based on what I learned.

1. Memorize the military alphabet. Treat it like learning your ABCs. Just recite it over and over again. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, etc. DO NOT be the person who says Zebra in bootcamp.
2. Memorize the army ranks.
3. Memorize your general orders. 1-3 will likely be required of you and it's better to learn it now when you have less stress in your life than later.
4. Memorize your Social Security Number (it will be your gateway to everything).
5. Start running, doing pushups and sit-ups now. The better you are at these exercises, especially pushups, the nicer your drill sergeants will seem. They look for excuses to make the out of shape people to do push-ups as punishments to make sure they pass their final PT test.
6. Make sure you can do the minimum requirements to not get sent to the fat farm (no idea what they call it). You DO NOT want to go to the fat farm. This happens when you do not meet the criteria to enter basic training or graduate. This means you do not go to AIT on time. This means you will likely change your MOS.
7. Get comfortable with the idea of being naked in front of people of your own sex, you will be showering with them and getting naked in front of them regularly. Most people start off following the same rules as using a urinal. Eyes up, no talking, hands to yourself, leaving an empty unit between people when possible. Eventually you'll be chatting it up comfortably.
8. Drill corporals can suck, tough it out. Before you get to your drill sergeants you'll have drill corporals doing the military hurry up and wait getting you prepped for BASIC (shots, camos, haircut, etc). These people do not have the same tact as drills sergeants and can be total pricks. For some, it's similar to hazing at a fraternity. Just grit it out and wait. Boot camp is a lot better. You'll most likely eventually begin to respect your drill sergeants.

Here's some more bootcamp tips since you have plenty of time between now and your departure. Get as much prep done as you can. It will make your time more enjoyable. It's been a long time since I've been in boot camp, but these are things I would tell people based on what I learned.

1. Memorize the military alphabet. Treat it like learning your ABCs. Just recite it over and over again. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, etc. DO NOT be the person who says Zebra in bootcamp.
2. Memorize the army ranks.
3. Memorize your general orders. 1-3 will likely be required of you and it's better to learn it now when you have less stress in your life than later.
4. Memorize your Social Security Number (it will be your gateway to everything).
5. Start running, doing pushups and sit-ups now. The better you are at these exercises, especially pushups, the nicer your drill sergeants will seem. They look for excuses to make the out of shape people to do push-ups as punishments to make sure they pass their final PT test.
6. Make sure you can do the minimum requirements to not get sent to the fat farm (no idea what they call it). You DO NOT want to go to the fat farm. This happens when you do not meet the criteria to enter basic training or graduate. This means you do not go to AIT on time. This means you will likely change your MOS.
7. Get comfortable with the idea of being naked in front of people of your own sex, you will be showering with them and getting naked in front of them regularly. Most people start off following the same rules as using a urinal. Eyes up, no talking, hands to yourself, leaving an empty unit between people when possible. Eventually you'll be chatting it up comfortably.
8. Drill corporals can suck, tough it out. Before you get to your drill sergeants you'll have drill corporals doing the military hurry up and wait getting you prepped for BASIC (shots, camos, haircut, etc). These people do not have the same tact as drills sergeants and can be total pricks. For some, it's similar to hazing at a fraternity. Just grit it out and wait. Boot camp is a lot better. You'll most likely eventually begin to respect your drill sergeants.
I was assigned to the 82nd in late 1973. We lived and worked in what was called “the old division area.” We were a short drive from Pope AFB, now part of a joint base Bragg, I understand. Our buildings were prefab WW2 era or before. The company had a row of units starting with the orderly room, a one story white clapboard covered building that housed the company clerk, First Sergeant and Company Commander’s offices. The next was a barracks, two story, outside ladder for a fire escape, The first barracks had one small, enclosed room at one end and an open squad bay that was sectioned off by gray steel lockers. #10 cans were nailed to the 6x6 supports, serving as butt cans. There were probably five buildings in a row, stacked with the short walls facing each other.

1639863116780.jpeg
The fire escape was on the opposite side.

In one of the buildings we had a large latrine. It had a trough urinal and about eight crappers without a hint of a stall. I am sure that you will find nothing of the like in your experience. You will find humbling situations and it is best to be prepared…….

In one of the buildings we had a large latrine. It had a trough urinal and about eight crappers without a hint of a stall.
That's gross. The men has the urinals, but I don't think they had a trough. We had stalls. It's one thing to lather up soap next to someone, it's entirely different to lean in and pee next to someone.

If you're a 35P or 35M, keep an eye out for the email asking your three languages and pick literally anything but Korean. It's the hardest language at DLI, in part because the textbooks are made in-house instead of commissioned by competent educators who write textbooks for a living. If you're a 35F, don't be a dick and cite your sources in reports so they get the proper recognition for their work - everyone else in intelligence thinks you guys are paperweights, and proving them right actively slows down the promotion of competent soldiers. No idea what the other intelligence guys do, but I hope some of that advice helps.

Oh, and don't say the n-word, it's generally frowned upon.

Well, since that's how it went, let me write it... where to write? I think the command will be intrigued by such friends))

It might not be a good thing to have a girlfriend when going to basic training and AIT with all the Jodie jokes drill sergeants and instructors like to tell. When I was in basic training at Fort Benning our drill sergeants were telling us that Jodie was going to have sex with our girlfriends and wives. And that we would come home and see stretch marks around her lips because she did a lot oral sex. It thought it was funny. One guy was wanting to actually break up with his girlfriend. Drill instructors/sergeants may or may not do that any more and if they still do it probably depends on the MOS you are in too.

It might not be a good thing to have a girlfriend when going to basic training and AIT with all the Jodie jokes drill sergeants and instructors like to tell. When I was in basic training at Fort Benning our drill sergeants were telling us that Jodie was going to have sex with our girlfriends and wives. And that we would come home and see stretch marks around her lips because she did a lot oral sex. It thought it was funny. One guy was wanting to actually break up with his girlfriend. Drill instructors/sergeants may or may not do that any more and if they still do it probably depends on the MOS you are in too.
From what I hear, it's way milder nowadays, but it's still general policy to tell trainees that their significant others are already cheating on them. Fun stuff!

Shouldn't @Tigerace117 be about done? When are we going to hear from him? I wonder what he thinks about what is going on right now in Ukraine. Helluva time to be a new recruit, methinks. If we get out of this without any troops going in, we're going to be damned lucky.

Shouldn't @Tigerace117 be about done? When are we going to hear from him? I wonder what he thinks about what is going on right now in Ukraine. Helluva time to be a new recruit, methinks. If we get out of this without any troops going in, we're going to be damned lucky.
He should be done, I think...with Basic Training. But he still has his AIT to go through. I don't know if they allow phones, tablets or computers in AIT nowadays. Could be he is still out of the DP loop.

search the posts of the member in question

from other thread...

Unfortunately things did not go as planned; I had a medical issue from when I was younger come back, and the army decided it didn’t require my services after all. Not sure how much I’m allowed to say about it....

Back
Top Bottom