• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How it all went wrong (again) in Europe as second wave grips continent

Who would get the flu worse. People living in sardine cans like NYC, New Jersey, Mass., Conn. or people living in Montana? Is this some sort of revelation?

Mother nature loves a herd that is in a pen.

oh. thank you for posting that. finally a conservative who gets that more populated areas spread something like COVID way faster.

now, what's your plan for the earth not having big and really big cities?

oh. thank you for posting that. finally a conservative who gets that more populated areas spread something like COVID way faster.

now, what's your plan for the earth not having big and really big cities?
I am not here to plan cities and demand people recognize facts. I just point them out. It is pure math. Put 1000 cows WITH masks in a pen that measures a hundred by a hundred like a NYC condo and have a virus that kills older cows who already have one or more ailments and put a thousand cows in an open range without masks and what do you imagine would happen?

All humans are is animals with more intelligence (ostensibly) and we rail at FACTS and think we can defeat a force that has been around for billions of years when we have been here just a fraction of that time. You wanna live in a rat infested area of high crime and poverty and ride subways? Go right ahead. Mother Nature doesn't give a rats ass.

She will speak to you silently, and deadly. She is whispering to all of us right now and we close our ears and eyes and say we will defeat her, when these alleged great scientists have been working decades to cure cancer and the common cold and cannot. They know that, so that give the cows (humans) a mask to make them feel they are doing something.

I am not here to plan cities and demand people recognize facts. I just point them out. It is pure math. Put 1000 cows WITH masks in a pen that measures a hundred by a hundred like a NYC condo and have a virus that kills older cows who already have one or more ailments and put a thousand cows in an open range without masks and what do you imagine would happen?

All humans are is animals with more intelligence (ostensibly) and we rail at FACTS and think we can defeat a force that has been around for billions of years when we have been here just a fraction of that time. You wanna live in a rat infested area of high crime and poverty and ride subways? Go right ahead. Mother Nature doesn't give a rats ass.

She will speak to you silently, and deadly. She is whispering to all of us right now and we close our ears and eyes and say we will defeat her, when these alleged great scientists have been working decades to cure cancer and the common cold and cannot. They know that, so that give the cows (humans) a mask to make them feel they are doing something.

i'm sorry that i couldn't read your post past the word "math" (since you've been so horrible with numbers in the COVID threads).

you did give me a laugh with my Vodka though. thanks for that.!!

It will be interesting to see the economic numbers later, I suppose. Doesn't help all the deaths; hard to put a price on tens of thousands of dead Americans.

The thing is we make choices about life vs economic value. For example, we could outfit all our troops with really expensive armor that moderately reduces the fatality rate. But, it would be insanely expensive. We could mandate all cars go 10 miles per hour to save lives, but that would be a disaster for the economy. The problem with a bad economy is that it increases deaths too and ruins lives on top of that. Our entire future is impacted for generations if we ruin the economy to reduce the death rate.

But its still a tradeoff. Maybe we should risk ruining the economy to save millions of lives. Its a tough choice to make.

i'm sorry that i couldn't read your post past the word "math" (since you've been so horrible with numbers in the COVID threads).

you did give me a laugh with my Vodka though. thanks for that.!!
You just refuse to listen to any facts that go against your belief system. It's a common human trait and one that is VERY difficult to overcome. Religious people have this same problem.

How does one "protect those at the highest risk" while letting everyone else proceed as normal, and why hasn't any state or country managed this allegedly simple task?
As a liberal, you look to the state to do everything for you. Adults take care of themselves. How you protect the vulnerable is for them to mostly take care of that themselves. Those at risk or who dont want to take the risk are free to self isolate. If they are in some sort of long term care facility, it is the responsibility of those institutions to keep them safe. How a free society works is that I am free to go to a Trump rally if I wish and you are free to hide under your bed.

As a liberal, you look to the state to do everything for you. Adults take care of themselves. How you protect the vulnerable is for them to mostly take care of that themselves. Those at risk or who dont want to take the risk are free to self isolate. If they are in some sort of long term care facility, it is the responsibility of those institutions to keep them safe. How a free society works is that I am free to go to a Trump rally if I wish and you are free to hide under your bed.
Excellent post. But the pearl clutchers will ignore it

You just refuse to listen to any facts that go against your belief system. It's a common human trait and one that is VERY difficult to overcome. Religious people have this same problem.

dude, you math has been horrible since day one. you said around a month ago that 60% of the US population was already infected/had been infected with COVID. you can't even get math regarding Sweden/Finland/Norway right.

no one should listen to your terrible math.

dude, you math has been horrible since day one. you said around a month ago that 60% of the US population was already infected/had been infected with COVID. you can't even get math regarding Sweden/Finland/Norway right.

no one should listen to your terrible math.
Yet you haven't proven me wrong, Why would that be?

Yet you haven't proven me wrong, Why would that be?

you mean like when i post COVID info from Sweden/Finland/Norway and embarrass you but you don't even know you've been embarrassed.

you mean like when i post COVID info from Sweden/Finland/Norway and embarrass you but you don't even know you've been embarrassed.
Stay on track. This is about 60%. You remember?

OK, so you have no idea, which is what I figured, and you have no explanation why no state or country has figured out this easy way to handle COVID. Just say you don't care if a bunch of people die, because 'freedom' or whatever is more important to you. That's a fine argument, and it has the advantage of not making dumb claims that you cannot back up.

OK, so you have no idea, which is what I figured, and you have no explanation why no state or country has figured out this easy way to handle COVID. Just say you don't care if a bunch of people die, because 'freedom' or whatever is more important to you. That's a fine argument, and it has the advantage of not making dumb claims that you cannot back up.
Sorry but most states have adopted exactly what I said. In fact, its exactly what I have been saying from the start. And I understand that freedom means nothing to you liberals. You guys are like children who need an authority figure in their lives to tell them what to do and how to act. Your parents used to do that for you, now its the state.

Adults clearly don't take care of themselves, as over 200,000 (and climbing), US deaths demonstrate. These are the arrogant libertarian idiots whining that nobody tells them what to do because 'freedom!'; just like the idiot bishop who stated categorically that, 'god is larger than this dreaded virus', and died a couple of days later but not before he infected his family. Being six feet under prematurely isn't the sort of 'freedom' which appeals to most normal folk.

60%?? that was, what, a month ago. did it just stop at 60%?
I gave you my estimate of the amount of people I thought had contracted COVID in some form or another. What is it with you o this issue. Would you be really really mad if 60% of the populace had been exposed to COVID? What if it was just 50%, or 40%? What if I estimated that there were over a hundred brain dead liberals who believed Trump colluded with Russia because the Goebbelsian news told them that every day?

Oh WAIT!

Ask the folk who developed the polio and smallpox vaccines.

I would prefer to ask those who die of cancer and catch the common cold. Your eminent scientists and fool doctor Faucis have done nothing about that. Lets close down society. It's time you and others realized that Nature Happens. The herd has just gotten too effing big, too effing fat, too effing lazy and too sick because they are living to be 80-90-100 and we go

Oh gee, people are dying. Why is that? Let's shut down the world because old codgers are dying.

I would prefer to ask those who die of cancer and catch the common cold. Your eminent scientists and fool doctor Faucis have done nothing about that. Lets close down society. It's time you and others realized that Nature Happens. The herd has just gotten too effing big, too effing fat, too effing lazy and too sick because they are living to be 80-90-100 and we go

Oh gee, people are dying. Why is that? Let's shut down the world because old codgers are dying.
Could your posts get any more ignorant? Don't disappoint us.

I gave you my estimate of the amount of people I thought had contracted COVID in some form or another.

correct. you said 60% around a month ago. what is that % now?

correct. you said 60% around a month ago. what is that % now?
Who knows? It was a guesstimate. How many people are dying in NYC today compared to 4 months ago?

So there is no option but to remain locked down or face rising infection numbers? Depressing options.

"Remain" locked down? Many red states were never "locked down" to begin with.

Not as depressing as FL exploding numbers and now deciding to reopen bars and restaurants, making it illegal for local jurisdiction/business to impose restriction w/o justification. Heck, there's no justification to reopen in the first place and the entire state new case and new death figures are justification for anybody to impose restriction.

Not as depressing as the fact the US never bottomed out and now we're RISING in new cases going into "flu season" when pandemics tend to tick up or a so-called "second wave" begins.

Still, if you're in denial like the Trump cult, it's an effective defense against facts like that Europe has half the unemployment rate of the US so such won't get you depressed.

"Remain" locked down? Many red states were never "locked down" to begin with.

Not as depressing as FL exploding numbers and now deciding to reopen bars and restaurants, making it illegal for local jurisdiction/business to impose restriction w/o justification. Heck, there's no justification to reopen in the first place and the entire state new case and new death figures are justification for anybody to impose restriction.

Not as depressing as the fact the US never bottomed out and now we're RISING in new cases going into "flu season" when pandemics tend to tick up or a so-called "second wave" begins.

Still, if you're in denial like the Trump cult, it's an effective defense against facts like that Europe has half the unemployment rate of the US so such won't get you depressed.
Death figures in Florida have been dropping on 7 day rolling average for months. They're at their lowest point since the middle of June. What are you even babbling about?

Who knows? It was a guesstimate. How many people are dying in NYC today compared to 4 months ago?

come on man. you were confident with your math a month ago. give me a % as of today.

Back
Top Bottom