• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House GOP thinking about impeaching Obama.

The GOP isn't the slightest bit interested in going after Obama - the Obama Presidency is irrelevant, the man is irrelevant, and the GOP will not give him a hand up to get out of the ditch he's driven himself into. The House and Senate will continue to operate in the manner they see fit and they will ignore the bleatings from the White House. Obama can comfortably spend the next 3 plus years golfing, preparing his March Madness brackets, shooting hoops, travelling the world and the country, hosting dignitaries from around the world and being totally powerless when it comes to the direction the country will move in the years to come.

You are quite incorrect there and it's a mistake the GOP is going to learn real quick. The GOP has a BIG OPENING right now they can attack Obama on dealing with company mandate for Obamacare and they are doing NOTHING about it.

The GOP are looking like lame ducks here while they sit and pout. They will continue to lose elections until they get focused again.

My point being the GOP is not going to impeach Obama over drones. The whole idea of impeachment is silly because its NOT going to happen in any serious numbers.

Oh sure, I agree its not going to happen over drones, the GOP is culpable. And it's not going to happen anyway.

"For years, the United States has danced around the fact that it has repeatedly enter the sovereign territory of other countries with drone attacks and in some cases small unit attacks without the permission of countries like Pakistan. Such acts violate international law and would be viewed by the United States as an act of war if committed on U.S. territory. This week,Defense Secretary Leon Panetta finally responded directly to those objections and said that the attacks would continue unabated. Panetta essentially stated that we can invade other nations because we can and that countries will have to come to accept that — using the same concept as “floggings will continue on ship until morale improves.”

Professor Jonathan Turley

Panetta: The Drone Strikes Will Continue Until Morale Improves | JONATHAN TURLEY

I don't disagree but the Neo cons like Graham and McCain are going to be by the presidents side on this issue and lets face it. Terrorist deserve what they have got.

Bring it OHNN!
This action will only serve to speed up the end of the repiglicon party.

Don't be such a wimp. Don't split hairs. We should be working together to point out right wing morons. I never said it was going to come to a vote but judging from all the attemts to overturn Obamacare who know what the nimrods are going to do next. Stop your whining. Liberals need to be tough too and I have seen right wingers make even weaker points in this site.

I did not know that standing on principals was being a wimp...

I did not know that standing on principals was being a wimp...

If you are going to attack someone attack the conservatives. They have no princibles my friend. They don't fight fair so why should we. i agree this will probily come to a vote because it would be political suicide and they know it but what is said is true. Attack the conservatives not me.

Just when you think the House GOP could not get ant stupider they prove us all wrong.
They now think they have the votes to pass a impeachment vote against president Obama.
First of all even a two year old knows tis would never pass the senate and second of all Obama has commited no crimes. They don't seem to mind looking like morons trying to overturn Obamacare 40 times and now this lunkhead crap. Good luck GOP. Your going to need it.

I'll start thinking about this when they start trying to make this happen.

If you are going to attack someone attack the conservatives. They have no princibles my friend. They don't fight fair so why should we. i agree this will probily come to a vote because it would be political suicide and they know it but what is said is true. Attack the conservatives not me.

Oh yeah I'm sure the best way to represent your side is to generalize all conservatives and admit to using dishonest debate tactics.

You are quite incorrect there and it's a mistake the GOP is going to learn real quick. The GOP has a BIG OPENING right now they can attack Obama on dealing with company mandate for Obamacare and they are doing NOTHING about it.

The GOP are looking like lame ducks here while they sit and pout. They will continue to lose elections until they get focused again.

Going after Obamacare is not the same as going after Obama - it's the man who's irrelvant.

Oh yeah I'm sure the best way to represent your side is to generalize all conservatives and admit to using dishonest debate tactics.

Why not? Your side does it all the time.

Going after Obamacare is not the same as going after Obama - it's the man who's irrelvant.

I know it's not the same. My point was simple. The GOP are underestimatin Obama and the Dems. Obama is not irrelevant, at least not yet while he is in office.

If the GOP lose more seats in the House and the Senate they will find that out. My message was simply stating a fact. The GOP have a prime target and they are letting it slip away because they don't want to risk anything. They are looking like lame ducks, not the president.

However, this just proves the GOP are more like the Dems than they like to admit.

It may not be the best way, but it is the Obama/Democrat way.

Oh come one, how many times did we hear under Bush that if you are against something Bush does you are for the terrorists? Quite a bit.

The right generalizes just like the left does. Both sides (Dem/Rep) are just two sides of the same coin.

I don't disagree but the Neo cons like Graham and McCain are going to be by the presidents side on this issue and lets face it. Terrorist deserve what they have got.

Sure neocons like Graham and McCain are going to go with the president on this as they did Bush when the program was much smaller. As to terrorists get what they deserve, perhaps so. But here's the problem, far too many innocent civilians are killed for every alleged (key word) enemy combatant. What did they deserve? Which is why this violates international law.

Oh come one, how many times did we hear under Bush that if you are against something Bush does you are for the terrorists? Quite a bit.

The right generalizes just like the left does. Both sides (Dem/Rep) are just two sides of the same coin.

I defy you to find a Bush speech or quote that is the equivalent of President Obama's claim that all Republicans are against Obamacare because it gives 30 million uninsured poor people healthcare. Obama has made a career of tossing up strawmen that idiot voters grasp and then he knocks them down as if he's the hero of the little man. It's why he's now irrelevant - it started quickly in his second term when he went on a campaign like tour claiming that the sequester would be the end of civilization as we know it and that Republicans wanted to destroy the country.

Why not? Your side does it all the time.

I've always wondered why "they did it first" is a good justification. Because some on the right are partisan dishonest hacks, that's what you aspire to be?

The GOP isn't the slightest bit interested in going after Obama - the Obama Presidency is irrelevant, the man is irrelevant, and the GOP will not give him a hand up to get out of the ditch he's driven himself into. The House and Senate will continue to operate in the manner they see fit and they will ignore the bleatings from the White House. Obama can comfortably spend the next 3 plus years golfing, preparing his March Madness brackets, shooting hoops, travelling the world and the country, hosting dignitaries from around the world and being totally powerless when it comes to the direction the country will move in the years to come.

It does not matter CJ. Until the GOP purges itself of all its redneck morons they are not going to even sniff the Whitehouse again. Your side can bash Obama all you want but until the GOp gets fixed they are screwed and you know it.

I've always wondered why "they did it first" is a good justification. Because some on the right are partisan dishonest hacks, that's what you aspire to be?

I admit it. The way the right hated Clinton and hates Obama for no good reason other than the fact he is black and has a funny name is outrageous and they deserve venom back.

It does not matter. It mattered last year and the right wing lost because they acted like rednecks.

Just when you think the House GOP could not get ant stupider they prove us all wrong. They now think they have the votes to pass a impeachment vote against president Obama. First of all even a two year old knows tis would never pass the senate and second of all Obama has commited no crimes. They don't seem to mind looking like morons trying to overturn Obamacare 40 times and now this lunkhead crap. Good luck GOP. Your going to need it.

Source?

I defy you to find a Bush speech or quote that is the equivalent of President Obama's claim that all Republicans are against Obamacare because it gives 30 million uninsured poor people healthcare. Obama has made a career of tossing up strawmen that idiot voters grasp and then he knocks them down as if he's the hero of the little man. It's why he's now irrelevant - it started quickly in his second term when he went on a campaign like tour claiming that the sequester would be the end of civilization as we know it and that Republicans wanted to destroy the country.

The only idea the right has is preventing 30 million people from getting healthcare. How many uninsured live in Canada?

It does not matter CJ. Until the GOP purges itself of all its redneck morons they are not going to even sniff the Whitehouse again. Your side can bash Obama all you want but until the GOp gets fixed they are screwed and you know it.

I don't have a side - remember, I'm Canadian - what I do have is a vested interest in your country not swirling the toilet while I'm still alive. It's not a matter of winning or losing - you all lose, and we out here in non-America lose too, whenever you elect dolts like Obama.

The only idea the right has is preventing 30 million people from getting healthcare. How many uninsured live in Canada?

Are you so ignorant of Obamacare that you don't know even the CBO puts the numbers of uninsured under Obamacare in the tens of millions well into the next decade. Obamacare perpetuates the poor being uninsured, it doesn't fix it.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...ffordableCareActHealthInsuranceCoverage_2.pdf

As for Canada, we have lots of underinsured, but we do have basic and catastrophic care for all people. I'll bet you think drugs are "free" in Canada - they're not. I'll bet you think all medical services and procedures are "free" in Canada - they're not.

Back
Top Bottom