• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House GOP thinking about impeaching Obama.

There are dozens of impeachment articles submitted to the rules committee in every Congress for every President. They never go anywhere. The only reason Clinton's made it to the floor for a vote was because he lied under oath. Never should have made it that far, but it did. Dennis Kucinich used to bring up articles of impeachment against GWB every month for eight years. Nothing new.

I admit it. The way the right hated Clinton and hates Obama for no good reason other than the fact he is black and has a funny name is outrageous and they deserve venom back.

And then you'll deserve venom back for doing the exact same thing. Your way everyone in America should be partisan zealot so firmly entrenched in an "us vs them" mentality that it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to come together for anything or get anything done ever.

The left is fed up with the one-way attack machine started by Reagan et al. Are you saying the Repubs can but the Dems never can? Was it ok for Frist to go to SD against Daschle but McConnell threatens shutdown if Dems go to KY? Do you expect the nuclear option if Repups take the Senate in 2015?
And then you'll deserve venom back for doing the exact same thing. Your way everyone in America should be partisan zealot so firmly entrenched in an "us vs them" mentality that it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to come together for anything or get anything done ever.

The left is fed up with the one-way attack machine started by Reagan et al. Are you saying the Repubs can but the Dems never can?

It's not good for the Republicans to be doing it either and if one was arguing in favor of it, I'd be arguing against it. Retaliation isn't warranted either though.

Agreed. But Dems have been hammered with Patriotism, Nanny state and all the usual suspects since the 1980 election. My advice to Dems continues to be to let Repups sink themselves and work on voter registration. I'd love a mid-term national convention in St. Louis, near my IL.
It's not good for the Republicans to be doing it either and if one was arguing in favor of it, I'd be arguing against it. Retaliation isn't warranted either though.

I don't have a side - remember, I'm Canadian - what I do have is a vested interest in your country not swirling the toilet while I'm still alive. It's not a matter of winning or losing - you all lose, and we out here in non-America lose too, whenever you elect dolts like Obama.

Is being a conservative in Canada lonely? It seem to me the liberals have won up there with socialized healthcare and liberal drug laws.

The extremist GOP in power, (or the modern day "American Taliban," as I prefer to call them,) just gets crazier each passing day.

They are just trying to rack up some "street cred," for next election when they go into their Obama hating districts to brag how they supported impeaching him.

No more, no less. This too shall pass.

Are you so ignorant of Obamacare that you don't know even the CBO puts the numbers of uninsured under Obamacare in the tens of millions well into the next decade. Obamacare perpetuates the poor being uninsured, it doesn't fix it.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...ffordableCareActHealthInsuranceCoverage_2.pdf

As for Canada, we have lots of underinsured, but we do have basic and catastrophic care for all people. I'll bet you think drugs are "free" in Canada - they're not. I'll bet you think all medical services and procedures are "free" in Canada - they're not.

Marijuana is not worried about unless you have more than 40 grams. The Monties have said again and again they have more important thing to worry about than busting pot users. Like here in the states some areas are more redneck that others but Canada does not fill their prisons up with non violent drug users. Am I wrong my friend.

Is being a conservative in Canada lonely? It seem to me the liberals have won up there with socialized healthcare and liberal drug laws.

The federal government in Canada has been conservative for about the last decade. We're doing just fine here.

The extremist GOP in power, (or the modern day "American Taliban," as I prefer to call them,) just gets crazier each passing day.

They are just trying to rack up some "street cred," for next election when they go into their Obama hating districts to brag how they supported impeaching him.

No more, no less. This too shall pass.

The American Talaban is freaking dangeruos to our freedoms. Just look at the damage they have done already. Prohibition,The coomunist witch hunts,Nixons was on drugs,Reagans war on drugs,Impeaching Clinton and becoming the party of no in the Obama years. We can not have moral crusaders running our government and with the nation swinging to the left on social issues like gay marriage,abortion rights and repealing pot laws they are more desperate than even. They don't even want to debate the issues anymore. All they want to do is resort to dirty tricks like Gerrymandering,Pushing voter ID laws and rolling back Roe vs Wade at the state level without any debate because they always lose the debate and they know it.

Marijuana is not worried about unless you have more than 40 grams. The Monties have said again and again they have more important thing to worry about than busting pot users. Like here in the states some areas are more redneck that others but Canada does not fill their prisons up with non violent drug users. Am I wrong my friend.

Perhaps you're under the influence now, since your response to my comment has absolutely zero to do with my comment.

The federal government in Canada has been conservative for about the last decade. We're doing just fine here.

The conservatives up there are much more liberal than down here my friend. If they where they would have repealed your healthcare syatem by now.

Perhaps you're under the influence now, since your response to my comment has absolutely zero to do with my comment.

I wish I was. Do you have some of that BC bud to share? If then you need some my redneck friend.

Out for a few hours. Household duties like cooking dinner for company have to come first.

Be well. :2wave:

Out for a few hours. Household duties like cooking dinner for company have to come first.

Be well. :2wave:

The people at my local Walgreen's always tell me to, "Be well." And I think, "Why? Don't you want my business?"

BC weed. Canada's one saving grace. Oh, and Rush. That makes two.

Rush was the finest Progressive rock band in North America in the 70's and 80's. They claimed that title when Kansas went Jesus freak. Now the new wave or prog rock and metal like Dream Theater,Symphony X or Spocks Beard carry that banner. Rush from 2112 to Moving Pictures is as good as it gets my friend. You should be proud and by the way Rush is pro marijuana.

The conservatives up there are much more liberal than down here my friend. If they where they would have repealed your healthcare syatem by now.

No, actually, conservatives up here are true conservatives in the Canadian tradition - we don't waste any time moralizing the private lives of individuals - unlike American conservatives, many of whom confuse governing with proselytization.

Just when you think the House GOP could not get ant stupider they prove us all wrong. They now think they have the votes to pass a impeachment vote against president Obama. First of all even a two year old knows tis would never pass the senate and second of all Obama has commited no crimes. They don't seem to mind looking like morons trying to overturn Obamacare 40 times and now this lunkhead crap. Good luck GOP. Your going to need it.

The GOP are ignorant publicity whores, incapable of thinking.

No, actually, conservatives up here are true conservatives in the Canadian tradition - we don't waste any time moralizing the private lives of individuals - unlike American conservatives, many of whom confuse governing with proselytization.

Bingo. That is the reason I hate American conservatives. I grew up conservative but I smoked pot. Ronald Reagans war on drugs cost me the best job I ever had and I was dong a great job but failed a drug test. The place was full of drinkers and smokers. I had just gotten a meret raise for doing a great job. I was a drafter working on the Trident Missle. I can't stand moral crusaders on the left or the right telling us what we can or can not do in our free time as long as it does not hurt someone else.

Back
Top Bottom