• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary or Condy?

Who would you vote for in 2008

• Hillary

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Condy

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Another Democrat or Republican

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Independent/Write-in

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Here you go Pride. Just for you. The top 25 Bushisms. What does this have to do with Condy or Hillary? These 25 quotes will contribute to Hillary's campaign in 2008 and will prevent Condy from even being on the map if she doesn't start distancing herself from him. Read and enjoy.

25. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

24. "We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates." —Washington, D.C. Oct. 4, 2001

23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

22. "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

21. "The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

20. "My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

19. "You know, when I was one time campaigning in Chicago, a reporter said, 'Would you ever have a deficit?' I said, 'I can't imagine it, but there would be one if we had a war, or a national emergency, or a recession.' Never did I dream we'd get the trifecta." —Houston, Texas, June 14, 2002 (There is no evidence Bush ever made any such statement, despite recounting the trifecta line repeatedly in 2002. A search by the Washington Post revealed that the three caveats were brought up before the 2000 campaign — by Al Gore.)

18. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

17. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." —State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003, making a claim that administration officials knew at the time to be false

16. "In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard." —repeating the phrases "hard work," "working hard," "hard choices," and other "hard"-based verbiage 22 times in his first debate with Sen. John Kerry

15. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

14. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

13. "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —summing up his first year in office, three months after the 9/11 attacks, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

12. "I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency." —interview with "Runners World," Aug. 2002

11. "Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

10. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

9. "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

8. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

7. “We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

6. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

5. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

4. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video)

3. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video)

1. "My answer is bring them on." —on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushdumbquotes2.htm

There was actually 50. But I decided to give you a break.

taxpayer said:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aparently the Bushs made fools of all you Republicans too.
The Bushs are from Connecticut!!!
But it did take a lot to fool you Republicans, a ranch, horse, saddle, cowboy hat and a camera.

A horse??? I don't recall ever seeing him on a horse, but 'Pickles' said he once tried to milk a male horse. I never heard if it was a stallion or a gelding....LOL :lol:

By the way, didn't Cheney move from Dallas to Wyoming to circumvent the 12th Amendment, that says electors can't vote for a President and Vice-President from the same state. Not saying it's 'wrong', just that it happens.

MrFungus420 said:
That's one of the probelms with the system. Too many people are willing to choose the lesser of two evils. Look at other candidates than just the republicrats and demicans. Who knows, you might find someone worth voting for, instead of just voting against the worst candidate.

If everybody would do this, rather than just sticking to the two big parties, we might actually end up with some reform in our government.

Unfortunately, people continually get told that this is "wasting" their vote. Personally, I think that the only time that a vote is truly wasted is when you don't vote for someone that you feel is worth voting for.

I agree, I was for Nader, but in hindsight a vote for Nader is like placing a vote for Bush. So I chose the person who had the best chance of dethroning the incumbent.

Originally Posted by MrFungus420
Unfortunately, people continually get told that this is "wasting" their vote. Personally, I think that the only time that a vote is truly wasted is when you don't vote for someone that you feel is worth voting for.
No, the only time a vote is wasted is when you don't vote.

26 X World Champs said:
I'm a frickin moron because I never knew that losing the popular vote meant that you kicked ass! Just think how different life would be had there been one more Democratic Supreme Court Justice? Think of the thosuands of Americans who would be alive today had Gore been elected?

How smart was Bush just a few days ago when he said:

"Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job."?

How "smart" was Bush when he said "No one could have anticipated the levees breaking."?

Here's one for you? How intelligent is a man who cannot even win a debate against JOHN KERRY?

I would hope that the SCOTUS would not make decisions as democrats or republicans like the Flordia supreme court did when it made its outrageous ruling that 59 different counties could count votes using 59 different standards........You lefties always whine about equal protection but when the SCOTUS rules that the equal protection clause is used to make a determination you don't like the outcome........

Unbelieveable!!!!!

As far as the levies breaking the Bush it was revealed on the Chris Wallace news show today that the Bush administration put more money into them then the Clinton Adminstration.........The people that really blew it in New Orleans was the Governor and the Mayor..............Everyone said they had no way to leave......Did you see all those empty buses that were never used........

You really need to get a clue..........

OOOOH.....You got me good there...That was responsible for EVERYTHING good that Clinton did.

All I know is every item on the contract with America was passed............Some with Clinton kicking and screaming...........You do the math.........

Billo_Really said:
Here you go Pride. Just for you. The top 25 Bushisms. What does this have to do with Condy or Hillary? These 25 quotes will contribute to Hillary's campaign in 2008 and will prevent Condy from even being on the map if she doesn't start distancing herself from him. Read and enjoy.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushdumbquotes2.htm

There was actually 50. But I decided to give you a break.

He still kicked you liberals butts in 3 elections and the way its going Jeb will do the same...............How sweet it is........:lol:

Navy Pride said:
All I know is...
That is all that you know, I agree.

How come you completely avoid answering challenges to your made up facts? Is there a legitimate reason that you write posts that contain things that are not based in truth and then when challenged to produce the truth you change the subject?

How do you rationalize in your mind that losing the popular vote equates to a landslide?

How come you didn't respond to my challenges to your posts that I think contain untuths? Are you unable to admit that you make it up? Do you have an excesss of "pride" that prevents you from defending yourself with facts?

I wrote:
You just wrote that Hillary was elected out of sympathy for enduring blow jobs given to her husband. Can you prove that? Can you produce a poll that shows that we here in NY State voted for Hillary because of the "Blow Job" factor?

You also wrote that she's not qualified to be Senator. Can you prove that please? I'm very curious on two parts here; one, what qualifies anyone to be Senator, and two, why what made Hillary unqualified? It would be quite refreshing to read your reply to the specific points raised in this post. I'm sure the entire community here is waiting to read what qualifications Hillary lacked as a senatorial candidate?
So why won't you reply? This thread is about Hillary so I'm sure your thoughtful answer will reveal the strength of your argument...

Navy Pride said:
"Slick Willie" fooled the voters in 1992.He ran as a moderate........Zell Miller was even fooled.He made the key note speech for Clinton in 1992........Clinton governed as a liberal...his first deed in ofice was to try and get gays to serve openly in the military..................
Once again, conservative posters lie outright. The first thing he did was sign NAFTA into legislation, a decidedly republican piece of legislation, very unliberal. And yet you lie. HOW LAME.

Navy Pride said:
He still kicked you liberals butts in 3 elections and the way its going Jeb will do the same...............How sweet it is........:lol:

Indeed. Not without the help of his fat-cat, big-spending buddies.:smile:

Navy Pride said:
The thing Keyes did to was wrong......Just like Hillary.....I condemn him for doing it..Will you condemn Hillary for doing the same thing?
Really? You are claiming that Keyes ilve in Illinois? No? So once again you are lying. It is getting rather boring to have to point out that your posts lie.

Couldn't you just stop lying? Or perhaps start your posts with a warning that you lie, so we don't have to point it out?

steen said:
Really? You are claiming that Keyes ilve in Illinois? No? So once again you are lying. It is getting rather boring to have to point out that your posts lie.

Couldn't you just stop lying? Or perhaps start your posts with a warning that you lie, so we don't have to point it out?

........:rofl

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Clinton's pardons are a matter of public record . . . look it up.
Huh? And Hillary was elected because of this, how exactly? Please try to write more than one sentence. See if you can respond with facts instead of vicious and untrue untruths...

Navy Pride said:
But they lived in Texas for many years before Bush ran for Governor......Surely even you can see the difference........maybe not.....:roll:

When doesn't make any difference! The Bushs still moved to Texas because they didn't even want to try for Gov in Conn because they knew that they had no shot even for dog catcher in their OWN HOME TOWN.
So off they went driving to Texas in a station wagon packed with their belongings to the roof with brooms and mops sticking out of their wagon windows just like the Beverly HillBillys. When the Texans saw this they thought the Bushs were just moving in from another town in Texas and fell for it hook line and sinker!!! Or should I say, horse, saddle and hat!
:roll:
After fooling the Texans it was just "happy trails" after that.
Until we meet again,
Taxpayer.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Clinton's pardons are a matter of public record . . . look it up.
Ah, so we have to look up the "evidence" for your false claims?:2razz: :2razz:

Yeah, good one. Prove it or retract your incessant, conservative LIES.

[QUOTE Navy Pride]The thing Keyes did to was wrong......Just like Hillary.....I condemn him for doing it..Will you condemn Hillary for doing the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Keyes was brought to Illinois by the Illinois Republican Committee because their own candidate withdrew due to a scandal (can't remember what) and they had no one even close to worth running against the most charismatic Democrat to come down the pike since JFK in his maiden run for the US Senate and they were shaking in their tight-ass boots. So they thought they would bring in a token black candidate to try and circumvent the black vote. And that is the absolute truth. Way, way different than Hillary's own decision to run for office in the state she wanted to live in.

And in both cases the people spoke loud and clear.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
He still kicked you liberals butts in 3 elections and the way its going Jeb will do the same...............How sweet it is........
You like Jackie Gleason? So do I.

Billo_Really said:
There is nothing wrong with being a liberal. After seeing the mess were in because of conservative government in the wake of Katrina, a more liberal government is the way to go. Although, I don't want the conservatives to completely disappear. Both sides need the other to keep them on their toes (so to speak), and to keep them honest.

Those in charge of the first response were libs. They fuc*ked up. Not to mention preparation. Second response was W. He fuc*ked up too. When W. called out the military (IMHO) the only part of government that gets it right, different story. I like to think that we will learn from this. Nah, who the hell am I kidding.

teacher said:
Those in charge of the first response were libs. They fuc*ked up. Not to mention preparation. Second response was W. He fuc*ked up too. When W. called out the military (IMHO) the only part of government that gets it right, different story. I like to think that we will learn from this. Nah, who the hell am I kidding.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning? I agree with Teacher. Not only do I seem to agree with him, I somehow seem to understand what he's saying. This isn't the "9-11 was an inside job" thread is it?

Appears we didn't learn anything from 9-11, why would we learn anything from this? Hey, maybe instead of just having storms categorized from 1 to 5 we can get a committee together to assign colors to go with those numbers.

Is it just me or is September just not our month?

steen said:

Do you ever make any posts where you do not call names? If you continue to just call names and not address the issue of carpetbagging then I will just ignore your posts because you bring nothing constructive to the debate......

I said I thought what Keyes did was wrong as it was for Hillary and I condemned it and I asked Champs to do the same...of course he won't do it....

To quote some Arkansas relatives: "Hillary ran in New York instead of Arkansas is she was just "too important" and it would just be too embarrassing to be a senator from Arkansas even though we put her and Bill on the map. Even us Arkansas hayseeds, hicks, and hillbillies are smart enough to see that." Needless to say, Hillary probably won't be getting Arkansas's vote if she runs for national office.

Back
Top Bottom