• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary or Condy?

Who would you vote for in 2008

• Hillary

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Condy

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Another Democrat or Republican

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Independent/Write-in

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
What on earth are you talking about? How can you say that Cheney was not elected VP?

Champs we elect a president who selects a VP.........I can't believe you think we elect a VP.........

kal-el said:
Oh man, lying about sexual relations, that was bad, but now that we look back at that, it was nothing compared to the lies Bush has perpetrated, now is it?

Oh man..........Its about purjering himself under oath to a federal jusdge........Why do you think he lost his law license?

Navy Pride said:
Oh man..........Its about purjering himself under oath to a federal jusdge........Why do you think he lost his law license?

I guess perjuring himself would be worse than violating a UN charter and being responsible for the deaths of 1800 US and 30,000 civilians?

Navy Pride said:
Champs we elect a president who selects a VP.........I can't believe you think we elect a VP.........
You VOTE for both candidates, duh! You can't just vote for one of them, it's a TICKET. You're playing the semantics game...I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.

I coudn't help but notice that you completely avoided responding to my points about VP Cheney? How come?

I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y~ again...

C'mon Mr. Pride please explain why you name call Hillary, in this instance a "carpet bagger" yet you totally ignore commenting about Cheney lying about where he lives in order to get elected in 2000?

I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y...

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
I am glad to hear you speak for everyone in this forum....

Then why do all you liberals support Bill Clinton? He lied under oath to a federal judge.......:confused:
Huh? Clinton was just a convenience democrat. he was not even close to being liberal. He was better than the fundie half-nut (only half as nut as the fascist son) that he beat out of office, but that's about the main positive of him.

Navy Pride said:
They are on the ballot together.

Look mixmedia. That is the fact. They sent federal aid becasue they wanted to attain the votes. Its basically what goes on today. The democrats constantly persist to kiss the minorities a$$es for their votes when they could give a godam less about anyone but their pockets. It goes the same for republicans too at least they dont brown noses.

Kennedy got alot of flak from the southern democrats for what he did but he didnt care casue he wanted those votes. Tell me one good reason why he would care?

SKILMATIC said:
True, but lets level with ourselves here. The election in kennedys time was pretty close. Hence thats why kennedy did what he did only becasue he wanted to attain the black vote to get ahead of the game. If he was winning by a landslide I hate to say it but he wouldnt have released the federal troops to help desegregate the system. The reason why he wouldnt have done it is becasue something like that is costly. It costs lots and lots of money which he wouldnt have done just to do it. Theres reasons for it. Hope you werent intending on leaving that out, buddy.;)
This is one wild and crazy post! Not a shred of fact, but hey, that's never stopped you before, has it?

President Kennedy was a great man, a great leader, an inspiration to the entire world.

Only someone with a severe lack of understanding or knowledge would post such absurd suggestions.

I have no problem accepting that JFK did what he did because he believed in the cause. I do have a problem when someone writes trash posts that are slander and lies....You know what I mean?

26 X World Champs said:
You VOTE for both candidates, duh! You can't just vote for one of them, it's a TICKET. You're playing the semantics game...I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.

I coudn't help but notice that you completely avoided responding to my points about VP Cheney? How come?

I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y~ again...

C'mon Mr. Pride please explain why you name call Hillary, in this instance a "carpet bagger" yet you totally ignore commenting about Cheney lying about where he lives in order to get elected in 2000?

I smell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y...

There is really no sense debating with you if you think in this country we elect a VP.......First graders in elementary school know better then that.......

No president has ever been elected becasue of his VP.......You really need to go back and take political science 101.....:lol:

Maybe some of the confusion here is, that according to the 12th Amendment, the ELECTORS shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President. :smile:

BWG said:
Maybe some of the confusion here is, that according to the 12th Amendment, the ELECTORS shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President. :smile:

I have been voting in presidential elections since 1960 and I have never voted for a President becasue of his VP.....Champs and Steen probably have........Have you?

Navy Pride said:
I have been voting in presidential elections since 1960 and I have never voted for a President becasue of his VP.....Champs and Steen probably have........Have you?

Quayle certainly influenced my vote in '92.

Navy Pride said:
You too huh.........Gawd!!!! you don't vote for the VP........
Please remember what your ballot looked like when you voted.

No? Well, let me assure you that the name of the Presidential AND Vice-Presidential candidate is on the ballot.

You can always call your local Secretary of State and ask if you are so dense as to refuse to believe it from us. Seriously, though. Are you so ignorant of election proceedings? have you ever voted?

My take on this is, well the VP is on the ticket, and he influences the vote,but in the end, you vote for the President, not the VP.

Article II of the Constitution says:

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of The United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four years, and, togeher with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected as follows.....

The same article goes on to say how the votes are allocated to the electoral college who then vote for a President. No mention is made of a Vice President at that point.

So technically we do not vote for a President. We vote for how we want the electoral college that represents us to vote.

This is one wild and crazy post! Not a shred of fact, but hey, that's never stopped you before, has it?

Again give me one good reason why he would care for those people? Im still waiting for my answer from the other guy too. O and btw after he got elected guess what happened to the federal aid? Yep your right it all went away. The excuse was he needed the aid for other areas.

President Kennedy was a great man, a great leader, an inspiration to the entire world.

I totally agree with you. He was my inspiration too. A leader of the most powerful nation in the world and who has a way with the ladies. He was the man he had so many ladies. I like that. And of course the the space program and the way he handled the missle crisis was just priceless. Hes a great man. And I will always remember him.

Only someone with a severe lack of understanding or knowledge would post such absurd suggestions.

No not suggestions, facts. Unless you can prove me wrong that he truly cared for these peoples rights. If you do then I will suceed.

I have no problem accepting that JFK did what he did because he believed in the cause. I do have a problem when someone writes trash posts that are slander and lies....You know what I mean?

No not really casue you havent proved me wrong in any way. You have provided opinions.

However heres my facts.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/john_kennedy_and_civil_rights.htm

My take on this is, well the VP is on the ticket, and he influences the vote,but in the end, you vote for the President, not the VP.

:lol: :rofl No one votes for the president. When did you get that idiotic idea? The electoral college appoints the president. That is a fact.

SKILMATIC said:
:lol: :rofl No one votes for the president. When did you get that idiotic idea? The electoral college appoints the president. That is a fact.

Well, we do vote for the president. We just don't always get the president we voted for. Like in 2000.

Which inturns means we really dont vote for the pres. The elctoral votes for them. Our votes are somewhat meaningless.

SKILMATIC said:
Which inturns means we really dont vote for the pres. The elctoral votes for them. Our votes are somewhat meaningless.

Huh. That somewhat sucks.

AlbqOwl said:
Article II of the Constitution says:

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of The United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four years, and, togeher with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected as follows.....

The same article goes on to say how the votes are allocated to the electoral college who then vote for a President. No mention is made of a Vice President at that point.

So technically we do not vote for a President. We vote for how we want the electoral college that represents us to vote.

So true!
Thats why the majority of the peoples vote across the United States will never determine a winner.
In other words, the majority of the peoples vote doesn't mean anything.
We will see less and less of a turn out at the polls in the future because people are mad that their vote didn't count in 2000.

kal-el said:

Champs and Steen do......:lol:

Back
Top Bottom