• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have Israel used chemical weapons???

First I would define who I would consider to be moderates, extremists, Islamists, etc...
Secondly, I would make my assessment based on a number of sources that can be found online, opinions of ME experts, other available sources.
Than I would characterize the various groups according to their affiliation, ideology, structure and abilities.

As you're not willing or capable of doing that, it's nihilism and "all evidence is fake".

You see as I already mentioned, sheer numbers and blank terms like "moderates" or "extremists" don't really tell much about these groups,
and most importantly about their ability to influence Syria's present and future.

Assad gassed Damascus.

As you're not willing or capable of doing that, it's nihilism and "all evidence is fake".
Nope, that is just your failed attempt to catalog complicated issues according to your own over-simplified version of the events - "...accept that a large portion of the rebels are moderate or you can claim "all evidence is fake" to perpetuate a baseless narrative."

Assad gassed Damascus.
And this is irrelevant to what I wrote.

Fallen.

That's a bit rich given that less than a page ago your idea of citation was a couple of people making guesses.

Only you know the Truth?

Only you know the Truth?

No, anyone who can read this thread can see that you made assertions based on no evidence.

In Post #71 you said your sources were John Kerry's guess and an unnamed data handling company. No data, no facts. You lose.

No, anyone who can read this thread can see that you made assertions based on no evidence.

I'm considering the available evidence. You refuse to.

In Post #71 you said your sources were John Kerry's guess and an unnamed data handling company. No data, no facts. You lose.

Got better? Or will you just claim "all evidence is fake" and substitute fantasy for reality?

I'm considering the available evidence. You refuse to.
When you can't quote any evidence, clearly you're not considering anything other than chatter and hearsay.

Got better? Or will you just claim "all evidence is fake" and substitute fantasy for reality?
Oh dear, you're flailing rather badly now, eco.

When you can't quote any evidence, clearly you're not considering anything other than chatter and hearsay.

Oh dear, you're flailing rather badly now, eco.

You're just claiming that there is no evidence. There is evidence, just not physical evidence (other than the types of rockets and trajectories).

You're just claiming that there is no evidence. There is evidence, just not physical evidence (other than the types of rockets and trajectories).

And we wouldn't convict someone of a crime here in America with that kind of evidence. :roll:

Oh it came from near your house, so it must have been you.

And we wouldn't convict someone of a crime here in America with that kind of evidence. :roll:

Multiple rockets, of a kind that the rebels are not known to have, in multiple locations, in Assad controlled Damascus, and not a single unit (preparing, assembling and launching big rockets) was noticed by Assad forces during the operation. Sure.

Multiple rockets, of a kind that the rebels are not known to have, in multiple locations, in Assad controlled Damascus, and not a single unit (preparing, assembling and launching big rockets) was noticed by Assad forces during the operation. Sure.

Still nothing definitive. Besides, Obama's not going to do anything.

Still nothing definitive. Besides, Obama's not going to do anything.

Russia will secure the chems, Obama will reveal the evidence, Russia will pull its support and then Assad will fall.

Last edited:
Is this the "waterboarding is not technically torture" argument of 2013?

I oppose the use of waterboarding just like I oppose the use of WP in civilian areas. However, waterboarding is fairly mild when compared with other forms of torture: castration, rape, hogtying, etc., similar to how even when used as a chem WP is relatively mild.

WTF?

How do rockets and trajectories tell us the ideological make-up and balance of power within the rebel forces?

WTF?

How do rockets and trajectories tell us the ideological make-up and balance of power within the rebel forces?

You misunderstand. The US making claims, and the private company making claims are evidence, just not physical evidence. The only physical evidence thus far is that Assad conducted the gassing of Damascus. Just because there is no physical evidence dose not mean there is no evidence. You're using a false absolute to defend your narrative.

You misunderstand. The US making claims, and the private company making claims are evidence, just not physical evidence. The only physical evidence thus far is that Assad conducted the gassing of Damascus. Just because there is no physical evidence dose not mean there is no evidence. You're using a false absolute to defend your narrative.

In a court of law, opinion is hearsay, not evidence. Evidence has provable, factual content otherwise you could claim that because you believe they are a minority, that constitutes evidence too.

So now you want to redefine the definition of evidence. The descent into semantics is a sure sign of someone losing an argument.

Circumstantial evidence, evidence by logic, physical evidence in the case of the rockets (120mm). What do you think will happen after the Russia secures the list of locations?

If it came from my house, and nobody else in the neighborhood knows how to use the weapons, it was most likely me.

So now you want to redefine the definition of evidence. The descent into semantics is a sure sign of someone losing an argument.

I'm sure there's better evidence that the Assad regime used the chemical weapons, as well as the fact that at least a majority of the rebels are secular or moderate. Demanding evidence immediately after the event is disingenuous: the American, French, and Israeli intelligence agents who uncovered the attack are likely still on the ground in Syria, and exactly how such evidence is obtained not only allows our rivals to adapt to our methods, but can also put Western agents in Syria in mortal peril.

If it came from my house, and nobody else in the neighborhood knows how to use the weapons, it was most likely me.

I presume when the state department claims 'rebels', it refers to the country and not just the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom