• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have Israel used chemical weapons???

So now you want to redefine the definition of evidence. The descent into semantics is a sure sign of someone losing an argument.

But Nick Brown, editor in chief of IHS Jane's Defence Equipment and Technology Centre, said that though the U.N. report appears to prove that high-quality, weaponized sarin was used in significant quantities in Syria, "I have not personally seen any compelling data that proves beyond doubt who the weapons were used by."

He added: "There is a degree of circumstantial evidence that appears to point to the attack originating with the Assad forces, but the exact forensic detail of who prepared and then triggered the weapons remains unclear and was beyond the scope of the U.N. investigation."

Syria's al-Assad says he welcomes return of U.N. inspectors - CNN.com

I presume when the state department claims 'rebels', it refers to the country and not just the neighborhood.

Chris was using a bad analogy, I was simply adjusting the analogy to more accurately convey what actually happened.

Chris was using a bad analogy, I was simply adjusting the analogy to more accurately convey what actually happened.

I agree with your analogy, except you would be the only person in the country capable of using the weapon.

Although the UN investigative report does not say it directly (their mandate did not include assigning blame), it broadly hints that the launch location of the CW munitions of August 21 was Mount Qassioun. This is the high ground in the Damascus area and it is totally controlled by government forces.

the-view.jpg

Damascus as viewed from the heights of Mount Qassioun

Back
Top Bottom