• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun nut adam kokesh caught playing with drugs and firearms

So you are pro drug usage, even though people like this exist? Is he really the person you want representing your right to use drugs?

Actually, unlike large portions of the gun crowd I am a supporter of regulations on the recreational usage of drugs. Which would include things like outlawing mixing of guns and firearms, laws against DUI, age restrictions, restrictions on people for health reasons including mental health, the use of taxes by drug users to pay for the enforcement of these regulations, and a general responsible attitude towards safety in drug use. yes, i would vote against the unregulated legalization of all drugs, along with ideas like not charging drug users to pay for the increased cost of the regulation. Clearly not the ideas endorsed by those organizations who love kokesh, like the NRA.

Oh no he loaded a shotgun. The horror. Let's put him in a concentration camp.

It is still not legal and you can expect the police to come to your house and raid it. To bring up the drug thing, I do not think smoking some pot is a terrible idea, but if i posted video of me doing so in some protest saying FU to the police while doing so I would pretty much expect the DEA to come barging in in a raid, and be prepared to face the consequences of my statement without whining like a pansy. When you make a political statement against what you consider unjust laws that involves breaking the law you have to make a choice to either face the legal consequences and stand up for change while you get your ass kicked, or you should run away and find a safe place to hide while you continue to fight the power.
Where did he threaten to shoot someone. You're making stuff up.

He was talking about armed insurrection, and if he did not wish to make a threat he should have just displayed his firearm without making the threats.
He's an Iraq War vet.

Yeah, my neighbor is a vietnam vet and they don't let him have a gun because he is crazy, and he took a person hostage in a local radio station years ago because they played a song he didn't like. Just because someone is a vet does not make them heroic or a good person. But any time you would like life advice from my neighbor (who actually wears a tinfoil hat and spreads tinfoil around the property to stop Obama drones from reading his mind) because you respect them so much, let me know. He could really use a place to stay and a padawan such as yourself to train in nutbar, and we could really use some time without him.
Do you think he doesn't know how to use a firearm?

I am pretty sure that is why the cops showed up prepared.
The cops finding mushrooms is too convenient. Oh but cops couldn't be possibly be corrupt and crooked right?

yeah, I am pretty sure a pro-drug person would never have drugs in his home or use them. It is one thing if you want to claim some straight edge is being framed by drug planting, but one thing drug users are prone to have is drugs. you are going to need a little better than that.
2 helicopters. 40-60 cops including SWAT and light armored vehicles for a guy who loaded up a shotgun? Give me a break. I was loading shotguns and shooting clay pigeons when I was 10 years old.

They were looking for the shotgun, according to the articles I read they found guns plural. Kokesh is a known gun enthusiast who had made threats about using his gun in revolt against the police, and he had guns. I really do not blame the police for going in prepared. irf he wanted to be arrested peacefully and face his charges he could have always surrendered as part of his statement and shown himself to be non-violent. He wanted to have a showdown of some kind, and he got what he wanted. He wanted the police to kick in his door so he could claim to be a victim. If he really wanted to show how non-violent and level headed he was he could have gone on with his protest and simply surrendered to police on the fourth when they were at the border to arrest him like he had planned in the first place.

Lmao! "Gun news?" What the hell are you talking about? I don't even watch the regular news. I think you have me confused with your stereotype of what a gun owner is.

That isn't surprising. You have been drinking the gun control koolaide for so long you don't even understand exactly what the debate is about anymore. Let me educate you, since you are clearly misinformed and naive about this whole thing.

Most people who own guns aren't members of the NRA. They also don't listen to "gun news." They just live their lives. Now if you are assuming that I pay attention to "gun news" because I am on DP, that is yet another misinformed notion you have. I debate guns using factual and...keyword here...relevant information.

Yeah, factual information like you don't pay attention to gun news, yet you claim you use news about guns to debate with factual and relevant information. Either you are poorly informed as to gun news and this would let you miss the NRA and people like kokesh, or this part of the statement is true and you are aware of NRA info including kokesh because you want relevant and factual information to use and you are just making stuff up about your ignorance.
So. Can you PLEASE tell me in what way this mushroom eating dude is relevant to me? Does he vote in Congress? Is he some form of political official? Is he a piece of legislation that will impact how I use or carry my firearms? Was he elected as THE representative for firearms? Was he elected by all firearms owners?

just a representative of the biggest gun lobbies in the US and a person who organized a march of armed gun owners in the capital of the country on the fourth of july. I cannot imagine why any of that would have been on the radar of a person who supposedly keeps up on information about guns. hmmm, a big holiday, important city, big organization, and a loud mouthed representative and you completely missed all of that? Are you sure someone with your blindness should have a gun? With that lacking perception you might fall out of a plane and miss the ground.
No? Then what in the hell does he matter for?

if you are going to answer your own questions you might wish to talk to yourself.

I don't know who the hell he is. So I don't care. Why not tell me why you believe in limiting my ability to defend myself? Or is that what this is about? Talk about some shroom eating douche because you can't win a debate on the issue?

Sorry, but he is pretty big on the issue. much bigger than you are. I know you missed him despite it involving the biggest gun advocacy group, the fourth of july, and an armed march on the capital of the US, but he is relevant to the issue especially when he is representative of the idea there should be no gun restrictions, and he is snarfing down a substance known for hallucinations, delusions, bad trips, and psychotic breaks while playing with loaded firearms. It seems he illustrates a huge problem with the no regulation crowd and their poor decision making skills.

Can you please submit your knowledge of how the NRA works? Because that wasn't a yes or no question. I really don't think you do.

Just a silly question, but how can you know i am right since according to your own statement you have little knowledge of the goings on of the NRA? Clearly according to your own admission I would have more knowledge of them than you do. Unless, of course, you wish to drop the lie and admit your knowledge of them and their events including the kokesh march on washington. See, either you are ignorant of them and their operations, or you have good knowledge of them and are a liar and either way we cannot trust your statements as per your own admission.

I didn't call him a freedom fighter or a terrorist. I merely noted the absurdity and sheer futility of attempting to outlaw various common forms of fungi, and the subsequent lack of any solid basis for moral condemnation of what he was arrested for in this case.
By making the video of himself breaking the law...he seemed to be asking for it. You seem to be calling it "civil disobedience" because you think the laws are absurd and there isn't any basis for the laws. But others just call it breaking the law.

Like father, like son....

Charles-Kokesh-Criminal-Jew-Father-of-Anarchist-Jew-Fink-Adam-Kokesh.jpg

By making the video of himself breaking the law...he seemed to be asking for it. You seem to be calling it "civil disobedience" because you think the laws are absurd and there isn't any basis for the laws. But others just call it breaking the law.

I didn't call it civil disobedience. You have now twice accused me of saying things that I didn't. For the third time: All I'm saying is that in this case, he's simply being accused of possessing a common fungus, one that could easily be growing in your back yard without your knowledge right now. He hasn't been accused of anything that could possibly warrant any sort of moral condemnation, at least in this case. The simple fact of something being illegal doesn't automatically make it immoral by default.

It is still not legal and you can expect the police to come to your house and raid it. To bring up the drug thing, I do not think smoking some pot is a terrible idea, but if i posted video of me doing so in some protest saying FU to the police while doing so I would pretty much expect the DEA to come barging in in a raid, and be prepared to face the consequences of my statement without whining like a pansy. When you make a political statement against what you consider unjust laws that involves breaking the law you have to make a choice to either face the legal consequences and stand up for change while you get your ass kicked, or you should run away and find a safe place to hide while you continue to fight the power.

2 helicopters. 20 SWAT. 40-60 cops from 2 separate law enforcement entities. Canine units. Flash grenade. Battering ram.

He was talking about armed insurrection, and if he did not wish to make a threat he should have just displayed his firearm without making the threats.

You're still making stuff up. Notice how you changed your narrative from "He threatened to shoot someone" to now he was "talking about armed insurrection". What specific threat did he make? He loaded a shotgun. I used to that when I was 10 years old when I'd shoot clay pigeons.

Yeah, my neighbor is a vietnam vet and they don't let him have a gun because he is crazy, and he took a person hostage in a local radio station years ago because they played a song he didn't like. Just because someone is a vet does not make them heroic or a good person. But any time you would like life advice from my neighbor (who actually wears a tinfoil hat and spreads tinfoil around the property to stop Obama drones from reading his mind) because you respect them so much, let me know. He could really use a place to stay and a padawan such as yourself to train in nutbar, and we could really use some time without him.

Again you're dodging and now engaging in ad hominem attacks. He was an Iraq War vet. Do you think he doesn't know how to handle firearms? You're comparing this guy to someone who took someone hostage at a radio station? You've got to be kidding me.

I am pretty sure that is why the cops showed up prepared.

2 helicopters. 20 SWAT. 40-60 cops from 2 separate law enforcement entities. Canine units. Flash grenade. Battering ram.

How much do you think it cost taxpayers to retrieve a shotgun and some mushrooms

yeah, I am pretty sure a pro-drug person would never have drugs in his home or use them. It is one thing if you want to claim some straight edge is being framed by drug planting, but one thing drug users are prone to have is drugs. you are going to need a little better than that.

They were at his residence for 5 hours and they only drug they found were mushrooms? No pot? No LSD? Don't you think as a drug advocate he'd have a little more variety than mushrooms? A drug that's not really that prevalent compared to a drug like X, or even cocaine. There is no such thing as crooked cops who plant evidence right?

They were looking for the shotgun, according to the articles I read they found guns plural. Kokesh is a known gun enthusiast who had made threats about using his gun in revolt against the police, and he had guns. I really do not blame the police for going in prepared. irf he wanted to be arrested peacefully and face his charges he could have always surrendered as part of his statement and shown himself to be non-violent. He wanted to have a showdown of some kind, and he got what he wanted. He wanted the police to kick in his door so he could claim to be a victim. If he really wanted to show how non-violent and level headed he was he could have gone on with his protest and simply surrendered to police on the fourth when they were at the border to arrest him like he had planned in the first place.

They busted into his house with a flash grenade and a battering ram. How was he supposed to "surrender peacefully"? What specific threats did he make? Where did he ever claim he was going to shoot someone specifically? I'd really like to see the quote. Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAGGoPidEY

Where does he threaten to shoot/kill someone? He's merely stating the reason why we have a second amendment. An armed populace to protect itself from a tyrannical Government.

I didn't call it civil disobedience. You have now twice accused me of saying things that I didn't.
I called it civil disobedience because whether you realize it or not that's what you were describing.

For the third time: All I'm saying is that in this case, he's simply being accused of possessing a common fungus, one that could easily be growing in your back yard without your knowledge right now.
Psilocybin mushrooms like to grow in cow dung out in pastures and meadows, so I doubt that I have any growing in my backyard.

He hasn't been accused of anything that could possibly warrant any sort of moral condemnation, at least in this case. The simple fact of something being illegal doesn't automatically make it immoral by default.
Have you ever noticed that morals tend to be very subjective both personally and culturally?

I called it civil disobedience because whether you realize it or not that's what you were describing.
No, it's not. I'm not describing anything, I'm simply saying there is no moral basis to condemn him for the crime he is accused of committing. If you wish to refute that statement, then tell me what the moral basis for condemning him is. What did he actually do in this particular case that you can say "this is ethically wrong" about?

Psilocybin mushrooms like to grow in cow dung out in pastures and meadows, so I doubt that I have any growing in my backyard.
Psilocybin can grow pretty much anywhere. Like most forms of fungus, it thrives on decay which is why it can commonly be found growing in cow dung, but it can also often be found in places where there are plants with roots that are starting to rot. You're also not really addressing my point, unless you're suggesting we start going around searching cow farms and locking up their owners if they leave the dung for long enough to fungus to grow.

Have you ever noticed that morals tend to be very subjective both personally and culturally?
They generally follow some basic guiding principles. Again, if you think he did something immoral, tell me what it is. If you think simply being in possession of a common fungus is immoral, justify it.

Yup, they wanted to be ready for the standoff.

You're still making stuff up. Notice how you changed your narrative from "He threatened to shoot someone" to now he was "talking about armed insurrection". What specific threat did he make? He loaded a shotgun. I used to that when I was 10 years old when I'd shoot clay pigeons.

Yeah, because an armed insurrection is often accomplished through peaceful non-violent means. Revolutions just have guns for target shooting because that is how it works in faux newsland. But really if a shotgun is not dangerous i am sure you would be willing to show us how harmless it is. I am sure if it blasts apart clay pigeons it doesn't hurt to be shot with one. I am sure you are right and the cops would just walk that off after being shot. But just in case perhaps one of them is not superman and impervious to shotgun shells it might be a good idea to come prepared for the guy who has threatened to shoot the police.

Again you're dodging and now engaging in ad hominem attacks. He was an Iraq War vet. Do you think he doesn't know how to handle firearms? You're comparing this guy to someone who took someone hostage at a radio station? You've got to be kidding me.

You are the one who is making the poor argument that veterans are all good. If they are just like the rest of us, and they have been trained to use weapons in a gunfight then perhaps the police should be ready to deal with that. Of course, if he knows how to use firearms then he might be aware that he can kill a police officer even with a shotgun. That blows up your last argument that shotguns are not dangerous because you are claiming he is dangerous with a weapon because he knows how to use one to kill people due to his armed forces training.

Polly want a cracker?
How much do you think it cost taxpayers to retrieve a shotgun and some mushrooms

yeah, we should just let people tripping balls with shotguns wander around because nothing wrong could happen there. I am pretty good with them spending some money to take away the firearms of a wackydoodle like kokesh when he breaks the law, threatens to kill the government, and starts doing drugs while playing with his guns. I would consider that one of the things we pay police to do.

They were at his residence for 5 hours and they only drug they found were mushrooms? No pot? No LSD? Don't you think as a drug advocate he'd have a little more variety than mushrooms? A drug that's not really that prevalent compared to a drug like X, or even cocaine. There is no such thing as crooked cops who plant evidence right?

have you been on shrooms? i have. Probably not the best idea to be on a hallucinegenic compound that alters your perception of reality and can cause psychotic breaks while handling firearms. Just because it is not popular doesn't mean it is not powerful. So just to check do you advocate the use of heavy drugs while handling firearms? Do you think that is safe and responsible gun handling?

They busted into his house with a flash grenade and a battering ram. How was he supposed to "surrender peacefully"? What specific threats did he make? Where did he ever claim he was going to shoot someone specifically? I'd really like to see the quote. Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAGGoPidEY

Where does he threaten to shoot/kill someone? He's merely stating the reason why we have a second amendment. An armed populace to protect itself from a tyrannical Government.

First off, that protection doesn't come from having a firearm. It would have to come from using the firearm. If you have a gun and are not willing to use it then that isn't any protection at all. As for how he was supposed to surrender peacefully, i did say haw. please learn to read and not selectively ignore statements which clearly answer your questions. When the police have to come to your house with you hiding inside while armed, it is not going to end pleasantly for you. It is just a fact of life, and i really do not blame the cops for protecting themselves from an armed suspect who may be presently on some sort of mind altering substance.

All I'm saying is that in this case, he's simply being accused of possessing a common fungus, one that could easily be growing in your back yard without your knowledge right now.

though it is true that these mushrooms do grow naturally, it is not wuite as easy as them just popping up on your lawn. They need to grow in very specific places, and the time to which they are potent is not terribly long. basically you don't get these things by mistake, you pretty much have to go looking for them. if they had found them out in his yard you might have a point, but they were in his house, and if you have mushrooms growing there you have either done it purposefully or you literally live in a barn.

He hasn't been accused of anything that could possibly warrant any sort of moral condemnation, at least in this case. The simple fact of something being illegal doesn't automatically make it immoral by default.

I would say mixing firearms and heavy drugs is stupid and not desired by most of society. That would probably be considered immoral and unsafe by many members of the firearm owning community who feel sobriety is the best way to deal with firearms. However, even if you think it is not immoral or stupid, it is still a felony and you should expect when you post proof of a felony to the internet that the police are going to respond. Seriously, he made a video showing him breaking the law and committing felonies and then complained because he got arrested? No ****, that doesn't make it a police state. If the cops had shown up without the video and did this then you may have a point, but you do not advertise your lawbreaking and have any reasonable or intelligent expectation the police won't come when you hand them probable cause.

though it is true that these mushrooms do grow naturally, it is not wuite as easy as them just popping up on your lawn. They need to grow in very specific places, and the time to which they are potent is not terribly long. basically you don't get these things by mistake, you pretty much have to go looking for them. if they had found them out in his yard you might have a point, but they were in his house, and if you have mushrooms growing there you have either done it purposefully or you literally live in a barn.
I haven't used shrooms since I was in my mid teens, but we used to just go looking for them in the local woods. They weren't hard to find and grew pretty much anywhere. So they were in his house, whoopdy doo. A mushroom in a house causes no more harm than a mushroom in a field. It's what you do with it that counts.

I would say mixing firearms and heavy drugs is stupid and not desired by most of society.
I haven't seen anything to suggest that he was mixing them in terms of using them at the same time. If you mean simply posessing both at the same time is immoral, then the same argument could easily be made for alcohol.

That would probably be considered immoral and unsafe by many members of the firearm owning community who feel sobriety is the best way to deal with firearms.
I wasn't aware that the firearm owning community was against owning recreational drugs and guns at the same time, though it seems deeply hypocritical to talk about personal responsibility with one inanimate object, then blast another as being cause for concern regardless of how it is used.

However, even if you think it is not immoral or stupid, it is still a felony and you should expect when you post proof of a felony to the internet that the police are going to respond. Seriously, he made a video showing him breaking the law and committing felonies and then complained because he got arrested? No ****, that doesn't make it a police state. If the cops had shown up without the video and did this then you may have a point, but you do not advertise your lawbreaking and have any reasonable or intelligent expectation the police won't come when you hand them probable cause.

I was talking specifically about moral condemnation of what he was arrested for. I still haven't seen any justification for that.

Perhaps the pro-gun community should pick a better representative than Adam kokesh. First he ******s out on his own pro-gun rally on the fourth of july when the authorities tell him that they will simply arrest the protestors for breaking DC law by having loaded firearms within the city. So he decides to tell his protestors to organize protests themselves and march on the 50 state capitals on the fourth, which I guess happens in a few cases. Instead of being with those people it looks like Adam went and took a shotgun into DC and loaded it on video and posted his little bad ass video. I say bad ass because there is clearly no one around when he does it, and it is the fourth when none of the government buildings he is loading it in front of are active because it is a national holiday. So I guess that must be bad ass to sneak around with a gun and wait until no one sees you then make an illegal video and post it to the internet. It sounds like something a teenager would come up with.

So being the master criminal he was, he gives the public evidence of his crime which results in a raid on his home based on probable cause obtained from the video. So going along that line of wisdom Adam seems to have left his drug stash out with his guns in his home. So the police raid his home and find some trippy mushrooms and his guns.

Gun Rights Activist Adam Kokesh Arrested in Va. | NBC4 Washington

I guess one of the biggest pro-gun activists in the country thinks that guns and drugs are a great mix. Is this responsible ownership of weapons? I endorse drugs becoming legal and people using them if they want to, but I see nothing safe about having firearms around when you are tripping balls. Do gun owners feel that this is safe behavior? Is this the way a respectable and safe gun owner goes about their business? maybe there is a reason people think gun owners are a bit crazy when they are represented by the likes of kokesh. It is one thing to endorse the possession of guns by sober and reliable people, but does anyone want a person high on shrooms to be playing with firearms?

looks like Kokesh will be losing his right to own firearms in the future because he will be a convicted felon regarding firearm charges. In this case it would seem that the laws regarding firearms will have worked to keep a complete nutbar from legally owning them in the future.

Your mistake was trying to take an individual's actions and make a bunch of people he's never met, and who've never met him, let alone heard of him, responsible for his actions.

Not cool

I don't recall when she was appointed the spokesperson. Can you tell us the date when this happened, and provide a link to support the lie you're posting?

She fancies herself as the anti-gun leader and it falls under common knowledge as judicial notice.

Spin again.

I think the whole " mixing drugs and guns" angle of this thread is off.... unless there is some evidence he was handling guns while "tripping balls".

if cops were to raid my house right now, they would find multiple loaded weapons, some of which are of the ultra scary "assault weapons" variety, and some recreational drugs.. and lots of tasty tasty scotches, bourbons, brandys, and wines.

if alcohol were found in his house ,with his car parked out front.. would the OP rail on about "mixing alcohol and cars"?... I would wager not, if only for the fact that simple logic will rare it's head occasionally, if even by accident.

I don't mind anything Kokesh did... none of his actions harmed anyone... there was no victim in any of his "crimes".

as an aside, I find it entertaining to think about officers raiding his home over a loading a weapon in public...while carrying loaded weapons in public

....Where did he threaten to shoot someone......

"If the troops were defending freedom, they'd be attacking the government"

:screwy

See what he said at about 12 minutes into the video there.

Last edited:
Thats not why one issue gun rights voters have have a long tradition of scapegoating liberals for all their problems.
And they represent the entire voting body? That's cute.

With replies like that, why do you bother responding?
I'm returning what I received. We have these people we elect called REPRESENTATIVES, who are part of the House of REPRESENTATIVES, and REPRESENT the people of their state districts who happen to be THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES who ELECTED them into office.

Last edited:
Yes, the federal government always mobilizes when it learns someone had a gun somewhere in public he/she shouldn't have? No. It is a common and minor charge.

So, did a couple officers show up at his door to arrest him as would be typical? No.

This is the government's response now to speech the government doesn't like. At least this time they didn't used poison gas and tanks to kill everyone in the area like they did in Waco, also singularly for a weapon's charge.

Last edited:
A self-identified gun nut films himself breaking the law, and calling for armed insurrection. Why is anyone surprised when law enforcement takes the appropriate action?

Yeah, factual information like you don't pay attention to gun news, yet you claim you use news about guns to debate with factual and relevant information. Either you are poorly informed as to gun news and this would let you miss the NRA and people like kokesh, or this part of the statement is true and you are aware of NRA info including kokesh because you want relevant and factual information to use and you are just making stuff up about your ignorance.

I honestly have no idea where the hell to start. You are essentially telling me that I know someone, who up till now, I have never heard of. I am curious. Do you do this in every debate you enter? Just make up someone's position for them? Tell them what they know and don't know, and then debate them on that?

I don't use the "gun news" to debate gun control. I use things like statistics. Crime sheets. The Constitution. Precedent. You know...the relevant stuff. I know what goes on when it comes to things like "gun control bill this or that." I don't see where Kosheck is relevant to this. I don't need some shroomer to tell me that gun control is stupid. I have statistics and history to back that up.

So let me say this very slowly: I don't give a **** who Kosheck is. At no point has he ever mattered to me. If he did: I would have heard of him. He doesn't represent my right to bear arms. I do. I am the only person I can control on that front. I can support a lobbyist organization that will fight gun control measures, which I do. But I only do that by spending money on their products and a 1 time membership fee. So don't tell me who I know and who is relevant to me. You clearly are not qualified to do so for 2 reasons. 1) you aren't me. 2) you don't understand what the gun control debate is about.

just a representative of the biggest gun lobbies in the US and a person who organized a march of armed gun owners in the capital of the country on the fourth of july. I cannot imagine why any of that would have been on the radar of a person who supposedly keeps up on information about guns. hmmm, a big holiday, important city, big organization, and a loud mouthed representative and you completely missed all of that? Are you sure someone with your blindness should have a gun? With that lacking perception you might fall out of a plane and miss the ground.

I'm sorry. After a quick google check...I don't see where he is affiliated with the NRA. The 4th search result is YOUR post lol. So how the hell is a non elected conspiracy whack nut Ron Paul supporter a representative of mine? Are you kidding me? What a baseless and stupid claim.

Again. I keep up on relevant information. So clearly kokesh wasn't relevant. Hell I was in North Carolina on the July. Not DC. So him NOT being a representative, me not being near him, and him having no relevance in the gun control debate...I would say those are 3 good reasons for me to not know him. Plus you seem to think I should...that is a good reason for me to not know him too.

Ps:

Are you sure someone as misinformed as yourself should be in the gun control forum? You aren't contributing anything that can be called a relevant topic or point.

if you are going to answer your own questions you might wish to talk to yourself.

It would be a much more informative conversation than I could ever get with you. Which is sad given that I could never gain new information from myself.

Sorry, but he is pretty big on the issue. much bigger than you are. I know you missed him despite it involving the biggest gun advocacy group, the fourth of july, and an armed march on the capital of the US, but he is relevant to the issue especially when he is representative of the idea there should be no gun restrictions, and he is snarfing down a substance known for hallucinations, delusions, bad trips, and psychotic breaks while playing with loaded firearms. It seems he illustrates a huge problem with the no regulation crowd and their poor decision making skills.

Correction. YOU think he is relevant. Who are you? He may have been "news" but so are those fluff pieces about jazz musicians playing to leopard seals. Again. He IS NOT a representative. He literally has no power to do ANYTHING. Me and him are literally on the same footing there. So I will continue to look at legislation, history, and stats to debate the anti-gun crowd like you. You clearly cannot counter rational arguments, so you are resorting to telling me who is relevant in the debate and staying as far away from the concrete issue of the 2nd Amendment and why it should not be infringed.

Your mistake was trying to take an individual's actions and make a bunch of people he's never met, and who've never met him, let alone heard of him, responsible for his actions.

Not cool

So I am not alone in having never heard of this guy then?

Pretty much no one ever heard of that guy.

A self-identified gun nut films himself breaking the law, and calling for armed insurrection. Why is anyone surprised when law enforcement takes the appropriate action?

I'm not. I am surprised that some people think he is relevant or that I should have heard of him.

They searched the guy's house for like 5 hours with canine units and even had blueprints of the house. They also had 2 helicopters hovering over his house while they executed the raid which consisted of using a battering ram and a flash grenade. 20 swat officers, a light armored vehicle and 30-40 cops also took part in the raid. They questioned and kicked Kokesh. One of his friends was hit in the back of the head. They treated this guy like he was Bin Laden or something. It's ridiculous, but they "found" mushrooms so the police acting like stormtroopers is justified.

More right wing over the top whine, bound to be a line of ranters on this.

First- IF they were to treat him like bin-Laden he would have one to the head from jump street... :roll:

This guy has a long and quite colorful history of guns, heated talk of rebellion and other dumbass crap. The cops had no way of knowing he'd be a big ***** when confronted, he could have easily been a 'ya ain't taking me alive copper!' kind of idiot. he is a combat vet who revels in armed posing, hell a kick to the head on a Marine is a love pat... some of ya'll seem awfully panty waist about this.

It wasn't because of mushrooms the cops went hard in the paint for this guy. it was committing a crime, for all to see mind you, with a loaded weapon. Hell, cops shoot guys all the time for having something that looks like a weapon in their hand, probably a good thing Adam wasn't changing channels in the TV when the cops broke in. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom