• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun nut adam kokesh caught playing with drugs and firearms

It actually doesn't work that way at all. Gun rights aren't an issue of left vs right, either.
It sure seems to be a left vs right issue for a lot of right wing one issue voters.

The rightwing representatives in office who were elect by the People of the United States.

The People of the United States voted for Obama.

They searched the guy's house for like 5 hours with canine units and even had blueprints of the house. They also had 2 helicopters hovering over his house while they executed the raid which consisted of using a battering ram and a flash grenade. 20 swat officers, a light armored vehicle and 30-40 cops also took part in the raid. They questioned and kicked Kokesh. One of his friends was hit in the back of the head. They treated this guy like he was Bin Laden or something. It's ridiculous, but they "found" mushrooms so the police acting like stormtroopers is justified.

So you think playing with guns and drugs at the same time is a great idea. Oh, and thanks because I had made some statements about people starting to claim victimization of a guy who broke the law and then posted evidence in a video about it and then you come along and help me out with that. I am pretty sure you start posting pictures of yourself floating around government offices and making threats with a loaded weapon in a blatantly restricted area and the cops are probably going to act on it, and take precautions due to your admittance to having weapons and being willing to use them. It is not like the guy was speeding or something non-violent. Nope, he was brandishing a firearm and threatening to shoot people. I am cool with the cops taking some precautions on that one.

I don't recall appointing him as our spokesperson. So the premise of the opening post fails completely

Did you miss that meeting?

Didn't you know? If someone acts like an idiot, they're supposed to get their door kicked in, kicked themselves, and dragged off in an armored personnel carrier!

....Oh wait. Don't they need a warrant for that?

Yeah, if you post videos of yourself having a gun in DC and then threaten violence towards the police I am pretty sure this is what you can expect. This isn't just your run of the mill idiot, this is an idiot who has threatened violence and shown he has the weapons to do it. Good try to downplay it, but you might want to think about the consequences of your actions, especially when you are claiming to be a responsible gun owner.

I didn't know one person could appoint him to anything. Good to know, so who is the leader? Does seem like when 'they' fall from grace they are denied thrice before the **** crows...

It appears Ron Paul and the Republican Liberty Party put some love on him when he ran in the Republican Primary for the 3rd district in North Mexico back in 2010. But the radical right does seem to run through their wonder kids faster than if they were greased with snake snot....

I had never even heard his name till this was posted. How the hell is he a representative of my firearms?

I guess he is a great representative of the pro drug crowd too?

It sure seems to be a left vs right issue for a lot of right wing one issue voters.

the people of the NRA were backing Kokesh up until he ******d out. I was not the one marching behind or cheering that fool. Perhaps you should be a little concerned with who is chosen by your fellows to represent you. You wouldn't want to have them raise a idiot like this *Alex Jones* to national importance levels to represent your rights to on a weapon.

That must be why there are democrats who are in favor of gun rights, and some republicans who would strip them from us.

Because the President is the only elected official in our system of governance.

Perhaps the pro-gun community should pick a better representative than Adam kokesh. First he ******s out on his own pro-gun rally on the fourth of july when the authorities tell him that they will simply arrest the protestors for breaking DC law by having loaded firearms within the city. So he decides to tell his protestors to organize protests themselves and march on the 50 state capitals on the fourth, which I guess happens in a few cases. Instead of being with those people it looks like Adam went and took a shotgun into DC and loaded it on video and posted his little bad ass video. I say bad ass because there is clearly no one around when he does it, and it is the fourth when none of the government buildings he is loading it in front of are active because it is a national holiday. So I guess that must be bad ass to sneak around with a gun and wait until no one sees you then make an illegal video and post it to the internet. It sounds like something a teenager would come up with.

So being the master criminal he was, he gives the public evidence of his crime which results in a raid on his home based on probable cause obtained from the video. So going along that line of wisdom Adam seems to have left his drug stash out with his guns in his home. So the police raid his home and find some trippy mushrooms and his guns.

Gun Rights Activist Adam Kokesh Arrested in Va. | NBC4 Washington

I guess one of the biggest pro-gun activists in the country thinks that guns and drugs are a great mix. Is this responsible ownership of weapons? I endorse drugs becoming legal and people using them if they want to, but I see nothing safe about having firearms around when you are tripping balls. Do gun owners feel that this is safe behavior? Is this the way a respectable and safe gun owner goes about their business? maybe there is a reason people think gun owners are a bit crazy when they are represented by the likes of kokesh. It is one thing to endorse the possession of guns by sober and reliable people, but does anyone want a person high on shrooms to be playing with firearms?

looks like Kokesh will be losing his right to own firearms in the future because he will be a convicted felon regarding firearm charges. In this case it would seem that the laws regarding firearms will have worked to keep a complete nutbar from legally owning them in the future.

So you are pro drug usage, even though people like this exist? Is he really the person you want representing your right to use drugs?

the people of the NRA were backing Kokesh up until he ******d out. I was not the one marching behind or cheering that fool. Perhaps you should be a little concerned with who is chosen by your fellows to represent you. You wouldn't want to have them raise a idiot like this *Alex Jones* to national importance levels to represent your rights to on a weapon.

Do you even know how the NRA works?

I had never even heard his name till this was posted. How the hell is he a representative of my firearms?

I guess he is a great representative of the pro drug crowd too?

Yeah, people who pay attention to gun news do not have an idea who adam kokesh is. Do you know who the NRA is? Do you know what a gun is?

Cops, flash grenades, breaking down doors, and all so they could find......... a common fungus that may well be inadvertently growing in their own back yards.

Just another day in the life of a drug war.....

Just another day in the life of Adam Kokesh. It's not his first brush with the law.

So you think playing with guns and drugs at the same time is a great idea. Oh, and thanks because I had made some statements about people starting to claim victimization of a guy who broke the law and then posted evidence in a video about it and then you come along and help me out with that. I am pretty sure you start posting pictures of yourself floating around government offices and making threats with a loaded weapon in a blatantly restricted area and the cops are probably going to act on it, and take precautions due to your admittance to having weapons and being willing to use them. It is not like the guy was speeding or something non-violent. Nope, he was brandishing a firearm and threatening to shoot people. I am cool with the cops taking some precautions on that one.

Oh no he loaded a shotgun. The horror. Let's put him in a concentration camp.

Where did he threaten to shoot someone. You're making stuff up. He's an Iraq War vet. Do you think he doesn't know how to use a firearm? The cops finding mushrooms is too convenient. Oh but cops couldn't be possibly be corrupt and crooked right? 2 helicopters. 40-60 cops including SWAT and light armored vehicles for a guy who loaded up a shotgun? Give me a break. I was loading shotguns and shooting clay pigeons when I was 10 years old.

Oh no he loaded a shotgun. The horror. Let's put him in a concentration camp.

Where did he threaten to shoot someone. You're making stuff up. He's an Iraq War vet. Do you think he doesn't know how to use a firearm? The cops finding mushrooms is too convenient. Oh but cops couldn't be possibly be corrupt and crooked right? 2 helicopters. 40-60 cops including SWAT and light armored vehicles for a guy who loaded up a shotgun? Give me a break. I was loading shotguns and shooting clay pigeons when I was 10 years old.

by publicly loading and carrying a shotgun in freedom square he was breaking a local law.

by publicly loading and carrying a shotgun in freedom square he was breaking a local law.

2 helicopters. 20 SWAT. 40-60 cops. Canine dogs. Kicking the guy and punching his friend in the back of the head. Light armored vehicles. Using a flash grenade and a battering ram. They even had a blueprint of his house and broke a private safe open.

Yea loading a shotgun in "Freedom Square" fits the police response. Not.

Just another day in the life of Adam Kokesh. It's not his first brush with the law.

My point was that this was a brush with a dumb law that shouldn't exist in the first place, therefore he can't be morally condemned for breaking it.

Yeah, people who pay attention to gun news do not have an idea who adam kokesh is. Do you know who the NRA is? Do you know what a gun is?

Lmao! "Gun news?" What the hell are you talking about? I don't even watch the regular news. I think you have me confused with your stereotype of what a gun owner is.

That isn't surprising. You have been drinking the gun control koolaide for so long you don't even understand exactly what the debate is about anymore. Let me educate you, since you are clearly misinformed and naive about this whole thing.

Most people who own guns aren't members of the NRA. They also don't listen to "gun news." They just live their lives. Now if you are assuming that I pay attention to "gun news" because I am on DP, that is yet another misinformed notion you have. I debate guns using factual and...keyword here...relevant information.

So. Can you PLEASE tell me in what way this mushroom eating dude is relevant to me? Does he vote in Congress? Is he some form of political official? Is he a piece of legislation that will impact how I use or carry my firearms? Was he elected as THE representative for firearms? Was he elected by all firearms owners?

No? Then what in the hell does he matter for? I don't know who the hell he is. So I don't care. Why not tell me why you believe in limiting my ability to defend myself? Or is that what this is about? Talk about some shroom eating douche because you can't win a debate on the issue?

Yup. Any other pointless questions?

Can you please submit your knowledge of how the NRA works? Because that wasn't a yes or no question. I really don't think you do.

Lmao! "Gun news?" What the hell are you talking about? I don't even watch the regular news. I think you have me confused with your stereotype of what a gun owner is.

That isn't surprising. You have been drinking the gun control koolaide for so long you don't even understand exactly what the debate is about anymore. Let me educate you, since you are clearly misinformed and naive about this whole thing.

Most people who own guns aren't members of the NRA. They also don't listen to "gun news." They just live their lives. Now if you are assuming that I pay attention to "gun news" because I am on DP, that is yet another misinformed notion you have. I debate guns using factual and...keyword here...relevant information.

So. Can you PLEASE tell me in what way this mushroom eating dude is relevant to me? Does he vote in Congress? Is he some form of political official? Is he a piece of legislation that will impact how I use or carry my firearms? Was he elected as THE representative for firearms? Was he elected by all firearms owners?

No? Then what in the hell does he matter for? I don't know who the hell he is. So I don't care. Why not tell me why you believe in limiting my ability to defend myself? Or is that what this is about? Talk about some shroom eating douche because you can't win a debate on the issue?

He's some dummy who got his 15 minutes of fame by organizing a stupid march on DC that never happened. Just a red herring in the ongoing debate over gun rights.

I don't have an opinion about this guy but just because some one owns shrooms and owns guns doesn't mean he handles weapons while tripping. If I have booze, a gun, AND a vehicle on my property that doesn't mean I handle my weapon or drive my vehicle while under the influence. Sure, he broke the law. But I don't think it is wrong to break unjust laws.

I don't have an opinion about this guy but just because some one owns shrooms and owns guns doesn't mean he handles weapons while tripping. If I have booze, a gun, AND a vehicle on my property that doesn't mean I handle my weapon or drive my vehicle while under the influence. Sure, he broke the law. But I don't think it is wrong to break unjust laws.
Kokesh is a nutter, there is no way around that. The problem I have is the no knock warrant, and full on assault of his property and Gestapo tactics for warrant service, the way they served that warrant was completely out of line and actually reminds me of the overkill from the Ruby Ridge incident in some ways.

My point was that this was a brush with a dumb law that shouldn't exist in the first place, therefore he can't be morally condemned for breaking it.
One mans freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

That must be why there are democrats who are in favor of gun rights, and some republicans who would strip them from us.
Thats not why one issue gun rights voters have have a long tradition of scapegoating liberals for all their problems.

Because the President is the only elected official in our system of governance.
With replies like that, why do you bother responding?

One mans freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

I didn't call him a freedom fighter or a terrorist. I merely noted the absurdity and sheer futility of attempting to outlaw various common forms of fungi, and the subsequent lack of any solid basis for moral condemnation of what he was arrested for in this case.

I didn't call him a freedom fighter or a terrorist. I merely noted the absurdity and sheer futility of attempting to outlaw various common forms of fungi, and the subsequent lack of any solid basis for moral condemnation of what he was arrested for in this case.

Especially for an act in the so-called "Freedom Plaza"

Back
Top Bottom