• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP senator Susan Collins: Why I cannot support Trump

He's not my candidate, he's the one that the establishment ended up going with. He's the lesser of two evils, much less.

I suppose if you think pancreatic cancer is a lesser evil than drug-resistant tuberculosis you might be right. He's a liar, a huckster, a deadbeat, and a liberal and those are just his good points.

A Trade Bill? That is part of the agenda of the establishment of BOTH parties. The platform of the Republicans in 2008 and 2012 support that.

As for ending Obama care - they never had the votes to do so and failed to aid any agenda Obama had by lacking those votes since the ability was not there in the first place.

There was no OBAMA AGENDA that establishment Republicans in Congress aided.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all of the Republicans vote no on Obama's two signature pieces of legislation, the ACA and Dodd-Frank?

Okay, so you cherry picked some examples, explain why Boehner got tossed and no conservatives like the Congress. I explained it. You know as well as I do that Boehner was far too cooperative with Obama, and so he was forced out. Boehner said with control of Congress they'd end ACA...........they didn't.

I suppose if you think pancreatic cancer is a lesser evil than drug-resistant tuberculosis you might be right. He's a liar, a huckster, a deadbeat, and a liberal and those are just his good points.

So, you prefer Hillary then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
"Aside from yer begging the question about the "left", are you arguing that the "right" has been aware of his racism, xenophobia, scamming....for years?"

Before this year, Donald Trump was exactly what he is now except...he was a Democrat. So, being a racist, a xenophobe, and a con man meant he was considered as simply a loyal Democrat by the leftists.

Donald Trump is a leader? What has he led? In his shot at leading in what he considers the military he was promptly dumped. Now he runs the company his father started and left him. He's scarcely a leader. A con man, a huckster, a clown, a liberal, but not a leader. I suppose I would agree he could lead the U.S. into bankruptcy but he'd only do that if he could personally benefit from it.

A Trade Bill? That is part of the agenda of the establishment of BOTH parties. The platform of the Republicans in 2008 and 2012 support that.

As for ending Obama care - they never had the votes to do so and failed to aid any agenda Obama had by lacking those votes since the ability was not there in the first place.

There was no OBAMA AGENDA that establishment Republicans in Congress aided.

How the GOP Made Obama One of America’s Most Powerful Presidents - POLITICO Magazine

They're called EO's. Boehner, et al sat by while Obama used his phone and pen.

Yes, we have two terrible candidates. At least we know Trump has been a successful leader. As for Hillary, not sure she has been successful at much of anything. She has failed as SOS, didn't do much at all in Congress, and her failures with national security and keeping secret information safe has been, well let's just say she was able to avoid indictment on those charges.

Let's not forget that she wants to raise taxes on us too. Got to love that, like they're not high enough already.

No, we do not know that Trump is a successful leader.

...and, we have a mutiny within the party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0

What does that tell you when the "insiders" come out? It tells me a lot. Its pretty remarkable when a Republican renounces their candidate as "so bad" I am either not voting for him or voting for a Democrat.

The FrankenTrump monster marches on.....

Frankentrump4.jpg

Yes, we have two terrible candidates. At least we know Trump has been a successful leader. As for Hillary, not sure she has been successful at much of anything. She has failed as SOS, didn't do much at all in Congress, and her failures with national security and keeping secret information safe has been, well let's just say she was able to avoid indictment on those charges.

Let's not forget that she wants to raise taxes on us too. Got to love that, like they're not high enough already.

Successful leader? Trumps great at marketing and being a personality. As far as business I'm not quite sure how much we know about him. He basically just rents his name out to bidders. Like Trump ties. They stick trump on cheap ties imported from China and put some gold leafing on them and all of a sudden that makes him a business genius? ****, Kim Kardashian can put her name on products and sell them, but I wouldn't hire her as my chief economist, let alone vote her in as president. You think he can run the country because he's successfully built some buildings? There's plenty of giant business moguls across the country speaking out against Trump, and these are people that actually understand the economy.

As for Hillary, she didn't fail as SOS. She was in there during an extremely tumultuous time and came away from it about as well as anyone could have. When looking at performance I ask myself "do I think another qualified person would have had any better of an outcome?" and I don't think so. I like the nuclear deal which she supported as SOS and apparently handled a little bit of the earlier negotiations, I think considering how much the middle east was destabilized from the Iraq war, she held i together as well as anyone could have. No one would have came in and stopped all fighting in the middle east as SOS. That's just not reality.

In congress she sat on numerous important committees and most importantly, gained knowledge on all the issues. I don't consider the mark of a successful congressperson to be "how many bills did you sponsor and get passed". She sat on those committees, debated these issues day in and day out, sat through all of the meetings etc. She knows the issues inside and out. A while back during the primary I saw that between Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, they had 2 bills that they had sponsored and had gotten passed. That doesn't mean that these guys didn't add language to bills, debated the bills, spoke for or against bills, debated issues on various committees IE: the actual nitty-gritty day in day out work of the senate.

With secret information, she should be embarrassed for doing something as stupid as using a private server, but as of right now theres no evidence that any enemies rec'd any classified info through her and there's no evidence of any purposeful mishandling of info (IE: "I know you don't have clearance to see this, but here it is, don't tell anybody" or "Here's the information we talked about, leak it to the press"). It was a very stupid mistake and if she were running against a competent person I'd judge her more harshly on it, but if Trump gets elected I think the least of my worries will be "do you think he's handling emails correctly?"

So, when did you stop beating your wife?

You created two assumption's , one that he is a scammer, etc....and that libruls didn't see it. I simply posed a question to you based on yer assumptions

So, you prefer Hillary then?

Just because you prefer Donald Trump does not mean I prefer Hillary. I will not vote for a liberal, ever again. I voted for the lesser of two weevils with Sen. McCain and Gov. Romney. No more.

If Donald Trump and Hillary Rodham had bred, their gene pool would have been strangled with scum.

You know as well as I do that Boehner was far too cooperative with Obama, and so he was forced out. Boehner said with control of Congress they'd end ACA...........they didn't.

Republican conservatives right now seem to think that merely greeting the president as a normal person without screaming in his face like Chris Christy did is "far too cooperative".

This is why we have Trump. Because an insane portion of Republicans honestly think that holding the country for ransom isn't extreme by any means.

Sure, all of the wonderful Lincoln Republicans all of the sudden said "Hey, Nixon's appeasing the southern voters, lets become racists like the Democrats!".

Btw, since the parties switched overnight, like you allege, would you call yourself a Hoover, Harding, and Coolidge man? Are those your old school heroes?

Coolidge is one of mine.

As for Hillary, she didn't fail as SOS. She was in there during an extremely tumultuous time and came away from it about as well as anyone could have.

Yep, well the ME is a mess, we supported the wrong people, the Russian "reset" started off as a disaster and went downhill from there. Hard to imagine someone doing worse than she did as SOS. Her failures go on and on, no point in continuing here.

When looking at performance I ask myself "do I think another qualified person would have had any better of an outcome?"
Almost any other qualified person would do better. But that's not fair, she isn't qualified. You know what she did succeed at? Getting a lot of donations for her foundation. So, she was able to capitalize on her job for that. Way to go Hillary!

In congress she sat on numerous important committees and most importantly, gained knowledge on all the issues.
Wow. Huge success.

With secret information, she should be embarrassed for doing something as stupid as using a private server...
No, no. You try to make it seem like it was some silliness, a momentary lack of judgement or something. She decided it was more important to keep her goings on secret from us, than our national security.

but as of right now theres no evidence that any enemies rec'd any classified info through her...
LOL, are you kidding? Did you hear what Comey said? You need to read between the lines.

and there's no evidence of any purposeful mishandling of info.
Not a factor, she broke the law.

Back
Top Bottom