• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GoFundMe for Trump’s border wall raises more than $11 million

You're lying to the government when you migrate to the country illegally.

No. You're. Not. You are showing gross ignorance now. If I go up to the town of Derby Line, Vermont, and walk across the border to Stanstead, Quebec, I haven't lied to anyone. But if I walked over that border without proper documentation, then those Mounties might not be happy with me. ;)

There's no lie unless I make a false statement to any authority on either side of the border.

Exodus

There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

Doesn't override the command to the Israelites in Leviticus 19. Nice try!

Did Jesus write Matthew 25?

Oooh! Now this is an interesting gambit of yours. But, it won't work. He either said what he did in Matthew 25--you did read it, right?--or the whole thing is just a good tale about religious karma. Take your pick.

No. You're. Not. You are showing gross ignorance now. If I go up to the town of Derby Line, Vermont, and walk across the border to Stanstead, Quebec, I haven't lied to anyone. But if I walked over that border without proper documentation, then those Mounties might not be happy with me. ;)

There's no lie unless I make a false statement to any authority on either side of the border.

Bingo! If you've lied to enter the country when you're not supposed to be in the country, you've committed a crime.

The Bible says that you're supposed to follow the laws. Why don't you care about what Jesus says?

Doesn't override the command to the Israelites in Leviticus 19. Nice try!

Why doesn't it? How do you know what part of the bible is more important? Is it because you don't actually care about the Bible and only focus on the parts that you care about?

People using religion for their own personal gain? I mean, that's only been done every time throughout history.

Oooh! Now this is an interesting gambit of yours. But, it won't work. He either said what he did in Matthew 25--you did read it, right?--or the whole thing is just a good tale about religious karma. Take your pick.

Did Jesus write Matthew 25, yes or no?

No funds for the wall until there is a comprensive study accomplished which will justify spending billions. Trumps tweets are not research. Most are half truths, the rest outright lies.

We don't need more research. All we have to do is extrapolate the cost of previous border barriers and apply them to a much larger scope, with estimated increases based on land variations.

It's a lot of money and even more to maintain. Even if the wall is hypothetically built, it will eventually fall into disrepair if the funding is absent to maintain it. There's no way to guarantee that future governments will care enough to do the upkeep.

The whole thing just has horrible idea written all over it and Trump's administration isn't the first to consider it.

Last edited:
Read my post again but with your glasses on. I attacked no individual.

I'm rooting for the GoFundMe group that wants to make ladders. Make America Great Again!

You called an veteran amputee a xenophobe. Read your own ****ing post with glasses this time. Maybe you should have typed it out with glasses on, and maybe it wouldn't have sounded so pathetic.

You called an veteran amputee a xenophobe. Read your own ****ing post with glasses this time. Maybe you should have typed it out with glasses on, and maybe it wouldn't have sounded so pathetic.

ohhhhh plaaaahhheeeeease…… :roll:

Anyone can be an xenophobe, service to country, sacrifice doesn't protect you from any and all criticism….

Seems the rabid right can be special little snowflakes at times.

Some can be very pathetic attempting to defend xenophobia....

BTW 60% disabled vet here- scars to prove it.... :peace

ohhhhh plaaaahhheeeeease…… :roll:

Anyone can be an xenophobe, service to country, sacrifice doesn't protect you from any and all criticism….

Seems the rabid right can be special little snowflakes at times.

Some can be very pathetic attempting to defend xenophobia....

BTW 60% disabled vet here- scars to prove it.... :peace

It's clear YOU don't give a flying **** about the laws of this country. You give a flying **** about the border patrol getting shot at, or having to stop thousands of illegals per day. Pathetic!

$19,225,872 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 318,609 people in 19 days

Now at $19.4M in 21 days. In the last two days, they have only raised $200K for an average of $100K/day

At this rate, it will only take 8860 days, or over 24 years to reach their goal and 600 years to pay for the entire wall

It's clear YOU don't give a flying **** about the laws of this country. You give a flying **** about the border patrol getting shot at, or having to stop thousands of illegals per day. Pathetic!

It's clear you don't care about facts and just want to rant.... :roll:

I do care about the laws of this country, I'm a law abiding citizen. I swore to support and defend the Constitution- did you???? :confused:

The border patrol is getting shot at by the drug runners who feed OUR nation's tremendous drug habit.

I'd opine the immigration policy is what needs changing to stop making criminals out of people doing what most our forefather's did- flee horrid conditions for a chance at a better life...

But once again you dodge the topic YOU ranted about to rant about some deflection....

PATHETIC!!!!!!! :peace

It's clear you don't care about facts and just want to rant.... :roll:

I do care about the laws of this country, I'm a law abiding citizen. I swore to support and defend the Constitution- did you???? :confused:

The border patrol is getting shot at by the drug runners who feed OUR nation's tremendous drug habit.

I'd opine the immigration policy is what needs changing to stop making criminals out of people doing what most our forefather's did- flee horrid conditions for a chance at a better life...

But once again you dodge the topic YOU ranted about to rant about some deflection....

PATHETIC!!!!!!! :peace

Yes I did swear an oath, and am keeping it; unlike you. Our forefathers fleed into place like Ellis Island where they WERE VETTED FROM VARIOUS REASONS.

Yes I did swear an oath, and am keeping it; unlike you. Our forefathers fleed into place like Ellis Island where they WERE VETTED FROM VARIOUS REASONS.

Where and when did you swear an oath????

You ain't keeping squat but anger issues.... :roll:

Vetting at Ellis Island was a joke at best. Lax to the extreme, the only stringent rules were based on race and religion, not suitability for citizenship.... :doh

Just to see how warped your POV is, just how am I not keeping my oath???? :peace

Now at $19.4M in 21 days. In the last two days, they have only raised $200K for an average of $100K/day

At this rate, it will only take 8860 days, or over 24 years to reach their goal and 600 years to pay for the entire wall

This money is is going to be pocketed by the genius that thought of this brilliant scam.

This money is is going to be pocketed by the genius that thought of this brilliant scam.

If it wasn’t so publicized I think that would be a bigger concern. But EVERY media personality knows about this Gofundme campaign. I think it has too much attention for him to pull that off. But if I am wrong and he somehow manages to pocket the money and skate free, then that is one talented confidence man

Bingo! If you've lied to enter the country when you're not supposed to be in the country, you've committed a crime.

The Bible says that you're supposed to follow the laws. Why don't you care about what Jesus says?

But that's not what you said. You said that crossing an international border without proper documentation is itself a lie. That was a false statement. Speaking of which, you do realize that giving a false statement to a border official is a separate offense, right? You seem to be confused about the difference.

Furthermore, we keep talking about illegally crossing the border. You do also realize that a clear majority of people who are in America illegally arrived legally but let their visas expire, right?

Why doesn't it? How do you know what part of the bible is more important? Is it because you don't actually care about the Bible and only focus on the parts that you care about?

People using religion for their own personal gain? I mean, that's only been done every time throughout history.

It has, has it? How do you know what part of the Bible is more important? Is it because you don't actually care about the Bible and only focus on the parts that you care about?

Did Jesus write Matthew 25, yes or no?

You're not even asking the right question here. The right question here is whether Matthew 25 still counts. Because if it doesn't, then who cares who wrote it. But if it does, well, we would be well-advised to follow its advice, wouldn't we?

Where and when did you swear an oath???? <<It's personal, so that's none of your business>>

You ain't keeping squat but anger issues.... :roll:

Vetting at Ellis Island was a joke at best. Lax to the extreme, the only stringent rules were based on race and religion, not suitability for citizenship.... :doh <<<And they came legally, running across the border is not. So you have no leg to stand on.>>

Just to see how warped your POV is, just how am I not keeping my oath???? :peace <<You promote the breaking of our immigration laws made by Congress through the Constitution. You're protecting nothing.>>
See above.

Quote refers to liars. People who liar to take advantage of others must be punish, namely people who enter the country illegally. It also refers to people who lie about caring about religion, like who seem to be doing right now. Otherwise, you'd know about this quote.

Romans 13:1-7

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad

Of course, as a follower of christ, you'll naturally agree that anyone disobeying immigration laws should be punished.

You'll ignore that passage from the bible, and many others, of course. Religion is always something people pretend to care about when they want to make a point.

And I'm not playing any game because you've already forefited the right to be taken seriously.

Did the Jews who toppled Jericho have visas? Did Mary and Joseph have visa when they fled to Egypt? The Bible is full of examples of migration, legal and otherwise. Most of the time it seems to come down on the side of welcoming strangers, especially ones in danger.

Read my post again but with your glasses on. I attacked no individual.

I'm rooting for the GoFundMe group that wants to make ladders. Make America Great Again!

You inferred that he is a xenophobe. How is that not attacking him personally?

He's not a xenophobe, he's a grifter.

See above.

So you can only pretend to have taken the oath (it isn't 'personal'. It's an honor :doh )

Your forefathers must not have been Asian or Italian, Slavic or Jews- those were excluded from entry, highly restricted due to bigotry (like today) or snuck in illegally- Chinese were not permitted to enter the country permanently- but thousands did.... :shock:

As far as 'vetting' goes- it was a joke to say the least.... vetting my shiny hiney…. :peace

He's not a xenophobe, he's a grifter.

The money will never be used for it's intended purpose and returning it would be impossible. Only thing to do is keep it.

Closing in on the #1 Go Fund Me campaign ever!!

$19,492,106 Raised by 323,817 people in 21 days

So you can only pretend to have taken the oath (it isn't 'personal'. It's an honor :doh )

Your forefathers must not have been Asian or Italian, Slavic or Jews- those were excluded from entry, highly restricted due to bigotry (like today) or snuck in illegally- Chinese were not permitted to enter the country permanently- but thousands did.... :shock:

As far as 'vetting' goes- it was a joke to say the least.... vetting my shiny hiney…. :peace

Maybe if you knew how to manage your inbox, I'd tell you more.

Step it up Trumpsters! At the latest giving rate, it will take 2190 days to get to the goal of $1B. Exactly 6 years!

Maybe if you knew how to manage your inbox, I'd tell you more.

PM me.

But that doesn't deflect from the hate and bigotry many tRumpers display. A wounded vet can be called an xenophobe, being scarred doesn't protect you from criticism, I've been criticized repeatedly in here- no umbrage from the likes of you... :roll:

Doesn't deflect from the fact entry through Ellis Island for many was a mere formality- no 'vetting' required- unless you were Polish, Italian, Slavic, Jewish. Being Asian meant you were illegal and even back then the authorities turned a blind eye. Fact is if the same 'vetting' from the Ellis Island days was still the law there would be no 'illegal' issue, 90% of those entering from the South would be allowed right in.

Ya still sure you want to return to the good ol' days???? :peace

Back
Top Bottom