• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GoFundMe for Trump’s border wall raises more than $11 million

Actually, that's an average of 1,011,999/day, an average greatly skewed by the many millions accrued in the first few days. Since then, it appears to be growing at about 250k/day, which means it'll reach $1 billion about halfway through 2029 (assuming a steady rate, of course).

I was trying to be generous :)

https://ca.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get-over-trump039s-wall

Ladders to Get Over Trump's Wall

We saw some folks are raising money for a border wall to keep out our migrant siblings and fellow human beings, who are fleeing violence and persecution and whose tragically-underpaid labor is essential to the U.S. economy. Seems like a bad idea on countless levels for everyone involved. Maybe we should focus on human rights and creating a community that reflects our supposed values.

And even though at a rate of $1.7 million daily, it would take their fund about 35 years to raise the $21.7 billion that Trump's own Dept. of Homeland Security says would be needed to build said wall, we wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented friends and help them.

If this seems ludicrous, we welcome you to the coalition of reasonable adults.

Should we not reach our goal--or should they (ahem) not reach theirs--all funds raised will go to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) , a Texas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.

You see, they’ll never reach their goal, but no matter how much we raise, we’re going to reach ours:

Supporting an organization working to help immigrants seeking legal asylum. This GoFundMe isn’t really about ladders at all. It’s about lifting people up.

This idea is the original brainchild of @HoarseWisperer on Twitter.

Here is a counter Go Fund Me, and it's up to 160k...

That will buy an awful lot of ladders. Especially on the Mexican side of the border.

Gosh, that's awful, but I guess the "pastor" was honest about the purpose so if people want to fund a luxury jet, that's their business. I know if I was in IRS I'd make a point of examining his church's books....

And take away his tax exemption.

Here is a counter Go Fund Me, and it's up to 160k...

That will buy an awful lot of ladders. Especially on the Mexican side of the border.

160k... chump change.

We The People Will Fund The Wall

Here is real money and it's still going up.

$19,425,665 Raised by 322,479 people in 21 days

160k... chump change.

We The People Will Fund The Wall

Here is real money and it's still going up.

$19,425,665 Raised by 322,479 people in 21 days

Yeah, but that won't even buy a fraction of the wall.

160k if you charge 40 bucks a ladder, is 4000 ladders. That is a lot of ladders...

Actually, that's an average of 1,011,999/day, an average greatly skewed by the many millions accrued in the first few days. Since then, it appears to be growing at about 250k/day, which means it'll reach $1 billion about halfway through 2029 (assuming a steady rate, of course).

Too bad the Trumpsters won't spend half of that money feeding and clothing the very refugees that are trying to get to America in the first place.

But that would involve their being good Christians, and we can't have that. /s

Too bad the Trumpsters won't spend half of that money feeding and clothing the very refugees that are trying to get to America in the first place.

Hell these are the same fools complaining about spending a dime on a paper bag....Hateful resentful bitter assholes....Everyone of them

Oh no... Citizens of a country want to use their hard earned money for their own citizens... What bad people...

Oh no... Citizens of a country want to use their hard earned money for their own citizens... What bad people...

Exactly. Store treasures for yourself here on Earth. Just as Jesus commanded in Matthew 6:19.

Exactly. Store treasures for yourself here on Earth. Just as Jesus commanded in Matthew 6:19.

There is nothing immoral about people your own people before others. This is something everyone in the world does, for obvious reasons.

The wall could get fully funded today and it's still not going to get built for any number of reasons. Congress passed the Secure Fence Act in 2006 and 12 years later, land expropriation for the fence in some locations is still tied up in the courts and this bill only authorized 652 miles of fence, not 2,000. And no one should be surprised it hasn't worked. Where it exists, people routinely tunnel under the fence, jump the fence, even build ramps up and over the fence.

Two, the type of terrain the border traverses is not suited for a "one size fits all barrier." Roughly half the border runs along the Rio Grande and Colorado Rivers. Rivers flood and change course over time. It's not a question of if, but when, the wall falls into these rivers.

Three, Trump is proposing the wall be 55 feet high. Customs and Border Patrol doesn't even want it because it eliminates "situational awareness" of being able to see what's happening on the other side.

Four, it's going to be a money pit. Getting back to the Secure Fence Act, it was estimated by Customs and Border Patrol that maintenance and upkeep (for 654 miles of fence, remember) would cost $1 billion over 20 years. Maintenance for Trump's wall is estimated to cost $750 million annually.

Five, in the great scheme of things, undocumented aliens coming over the southern border is a drop in the bucket compared to undocumented aliens that come in legally then overstay their visas.

I'm sure there are many, many other arguments for why the wall is a flat-out stupid idea, but I came up with these five without even having to put much thought into it.

No funds for the wall until there is a comprensive study accomplished which will justify spending billions. Trumps tweets are not research. Most are half truths, the rest outright lies.

Last edited:
There is nothing immoral about people your own people before others. This is something everyone in the world does, for obvious reasons.

Yes, yes, treat the immigrant with hostility, just like Jesus said! Keep it up, you are on a roll tonight!

Yes, yes, treat the immigrant with hostility, just like Jesus said! Keep it up, you are on a roll tonight!

I'm not sure why you're pretending like you care what Jesus says. It makes your argument sound really dumb.

I'm not sure why you're pretending like you care what Jesus says. It makes your argument sound really dumb.

Oh please try to laysplain to me about what Jesus said about treating afflicted people. Go ahead, make my day.

Oh please try to laysplain to me about what Jesus said about treating afflicted people. Go ahead, make my day.

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape.

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape.

Hahahaha, might wanna take your own advice. ;)

You also might want to read the verse in my signature.

You also might want to read Matthew 25:31-46.

Now let me know what they've said so I can judge whether you're worthy of contention in this little game you wish to play.

Hahahaha, might wanna take your own advice. ;)

You also might want to read the verse in my signature.

You also might want to read Matthew 25:31-46.

Now let me know what they've said so I can judge whether you're worthy of contention in this little game you wish to play.

Quote refers to liars. People who liar to take advantage of others must be punish, namely people who enter the country illegally. It also refers to people who lie about caring about religion, like who seem to be doing right now. Otherwise, you'd know about this quote.

Romans 13:1-7

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad

Of course, as a follower of christ, you'll naturally agree that anyone disobeying immigration laws should be punished.

You'll ignore that passage from the bible, and many others, of course. Religion is always something people pretend to care about when they want to make a point.

And I'm not playing any game because you've already forefited the right to be taken seriously.

Quote refers to liars. People who liar to take advantage of others must be punish, namely people who enter the country illegally.

First of all, fix your grammar. It makes you look even less intelligent. Second, it is not a lie to illegally cross an international border.

Third, read the verse from Leviticus in my signature, please.

It also refers to people who lie about caring about religion, like who seem to be doing right now. Otherwise, you'd know about this quote.

Romans 13:1-7

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad

Of course, as a follower of christ, you'll naturally agree that anyone disobeying immigration laws should be punished.

You'll ignore that passage from the bible, and many others, of course. Religion is always something people pretend to care about when they want to make a point.

And I'm not playing any game because you've already forefited the right to be taken seriously.

:lamo

Oh you wanna engage in a conversation about Christianity and what Jesus has to say, and then you flat-out ignore what it has to say, playing the Romans 13 card? Well, alrighty then. Not my fault if you're going to ignore what Jesus said in Matthew 25.

First of all, fix your grammar. It makes you look even less intelligent. Second, it is not a lie to illegally cross an international border.

You're lying to the government when you migrate to the country illegally.

Third, read the verse from Leviticus in my signature, please.

Exodus 12:49

There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.

Oh you wanna engage in a conversation about Christianity and what Jesus has to say, and then you flat-out ignore what it has to say, playing the Romans 13 card? Well, alrighty then. Not my fault if you're going to ignore what Jesus said in Matthew 25.

Did Jesus write Matthew 25?

Back
Top Bottom