• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Germany makes the worlds best cars!

Who needs sponsorship?

What are you talkin about, Everybody needs a sponsor out on the road! Lol!

Dude, We're talkin about NASCAR/Formula One racing, now.

Okay, just before I go to bed (need my sleep, Malay GP first practice at 0700) I'll say that NASCAR doesn't really get broadcast here. Is that the one where the tracks are all oval and you just go round and round and round?

Clearly Formula One has the coolest venues. Bristol Motor Speedway doesn't really evoke the glamour of Spa Francorchamps, now does it? What does NASCAR have that can compete with the Monaco GP?

It has the coolest teams. What makes your pulse race? Ferrari or Dodge? McLaren or Chevrolet?

It is a global sport with fans, teams and drivers from dozens of different countries. NASCAR is a one-nation sport. Sure some of its best drivers are not American but as a World sport, it's about as globally relevant as the baseball "World" Series.

Technology? Well, has NASCAR technology had such an impact?....
The Use of Formula 1 Innovations in the Real World - Technology - InfoNIAC - Latest Inventions

Ah well, chacun a son gout.

Okay, just before I go to bed (need my sleep, Malay GP first practice at 0700) I'll say that NASCAR doesn't really get broadcast here. Is that the one where the tracks are all oval and you just go round and round and round?

Clearly Formula One has the coolest venues. Bristol Motor Speedway doesn't really evoke the glamour of Spa Francorchamps, now does it? What does NASCAR have that can compete with the Monaco GP?

It has the coolest teams. What makes your pulse race? Ferrari or Dodge? McLaren or Chevrolet?

It is a global sport with fans, teams and drivers from dozens of different countries. NASCAR is a one-nation sport. Sure some of its best drivers are not American but as a World sport, it's about as globally relevant as the baseball "World" Series.

Technology? Well, has NASCAR technology had such an impact?....
The Use of Formula 1 Innovations in the Real World - Technology - InfoNIAC - Latest Inventions

Ah well, chacun a son gout.

"glamour of Spa Francorchamps"

^ Sounds like a real good time....

We obviously have different taste. When i go to a car race i wanna see the whole race not just a partial turn. I wanna see 50,000 RV's in the RV field with the American flags flapping in the wind. I also wanna see tits, kegs, and BBQ's.

American auto makers were hit hard because of liberal unions and government regulation :mrgreen: They failed because of workers' outlandish benifits and the government meddling because of the false science behind global warming. And Germany doesn't make the best cars, Italy and Japan are much better ;)

Yeah, I heard Rush say that exact same thing.
Ford has not failed. They already make better cars and they will beat Toyota in the coming years even with their union.

Yeah, I heard Rush say that exact same thing.
Ford has not failed. They already make better cars and they will beat Toyota in the coming years even with their union.

I very much doubt it.

No, Italian cars are the bestest... Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti..

And they have good food, too. You don't!;)

Im glad somebody with a brain set everybody straight.

Lamborghini and Bugatti are owned by VW and I believe Bugatti is based in France not Italy

Maserati's except for styling behind in performance to comparable German cars

Ferrari's on the other hand are the ultimate blend of performance, styling and technology

The only car out of Europe that I have ever heard of going over 150k miles is the Jetta TDI. The Jap's make some pretty good vehicles in the 90's, which Honda's are still decent now-a-days in durability (can't say that about Toyota) but their like riding on top of a rock. I will admit that American cars with gas engines are usually ****, my old s10 constantly had something wrong with it and my GMC gives me a little trouble here and there, BUT if you can tell me a vehicle that will out last a 5.9L (6 spd) 2500 hd Dodge Cummins truck I'll give you a..... Thanks (not much else i can give you.)

BTW, Old Nascar > F1 New F1 > New Nascar

Which the most interesting racing I've seen was when you had the American Muscle cars in the 60's-70's racing the British Mini coopers (and other small euro cars). IDK the name of it but i've seen a few of the old racing video's on Speed channel and it looked real interesting. (Anyone happen to know the name of what i'm talking about?)

Formula One!!??:lamo Formula One is kinda Ghey...

NASCAR!

Well now you're just speaking out of pure European ignorance. And if you really new anything about car racing i don't think you woulda posted that.

There's a lovely irony about those two posts...

-- In comparison the germans with the best engineering build Porche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes and of course VW bought Royal Royce from Britain a decade ago --

If German engineering is the best (in the auto industry) why are there still so many British engineers employed in the German Car industry? (And they are also in most car companies around the world.

Mind you - only one nation builds cars that offer 7 year warranties - "seven-year, 100,000-mile warranty. A comprehensive package aimed squarely at those spending their own money on a new motor, the package was recently reinforced from covering just the drivetrain to the whole car. Seven years’ bumper-to-bumper warranty when the industry standard is less than half that...

To top it all off, there’s also a 10-year anti-perforation guarantee, five years’ paint protection and a three-year roadside recovery membership. There’s even good news for second-hand buyers, as the cover can be transferred to any new owner.
"

Auto Express Feature,

Bennyhill - you're too busy being anti-American to get any facts straight, but it's funny seeing how many Americans fall for your baiting. ;)

Last edited:
"glamour of Spa Francorchamps"

^ Sounds like a real good time....

We obviously have different taste. When i go to a car race i wanna see the whole race not just a partial turn. I wanna see 50,000 RV's in the RV field with the American flags flapping in the wind. I also wanna see tits, kegs, and BBQ's.

LOL! I like your style! Not sure how the sight of American flags adds to the occasion but Hell, them's your jollies. What I want from motor racing is cool cars, ridiculously outrageous overtaking manoeuvres, aggressive pit-stop strategies, ideally a bit of rain to add an element of danger and lots of stupid celebrities trying to pretend they're 'in' with the teams and that they understnd what the F is going on.

If you've never seen the Spa Francorchamps GP then you haven't seen the best race track in the World and the most exciting racing.

Does my Punto class as an RV?

fiat_punto.jpg

If German engineering is the best (in the auto industry) why are there still so many British engineers employed in the German Car industry? (And they are also in most car companies around the world.

because there is no British car any more?

The Germans are the best around the world, followed by Japan and Italy. We were smart enough not to export all of our manufacturing to China. Well atleast America has Boeing, the best aircraft carrier in the world.

The Germans are the best around the world, followed by Japan and Italy. We were smart enough not to export all of our manufacturing to China. Well atleast America has Boeing, the best aircraft carrier in the world.

Oh what a feeling..... TOYOTA!!!!!

:lol:

BTW, Old Nascar > F1 New F1 > New Nascar

Which the most interesting racing I've seen was when you had the American Muscle cars in the 60's-70's racing the British Mini coopers (and other small euro cars). IDK the name of it but i've seen a few of the old racing video's on Speed channel and it looked real interesting. (Anyone happen to know the name of what i'm talking about?)

Trans Am racing of the 60s and 70s was pretty cool, smallblock Mustangs and Cudas racing Camaros on road courses.

The american auto industry is in decline. Nobody wants to buy those 3rd world cars anymore. Obama had to buy GM and I heard that Crysler is in the same shape. Only Ford is holding its own.

In comparison the germans with the best engineering build Porche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes and of course VW bought Royal Royce from Britain a decade ago. Why cant Americans build cars that people want? The Japanese own the US car market. What are they doing better?

German cars are clearly and simply the best, there is no doubt about it. But then again, they are also more expensive than the average..

German cars are clearly and simply the best, there is no doubt about it. But then again, they are also more expensive than the average..

Either/Or game...

Porsche Boxster or Lotus Elise?
Lotus, of course.
Mercedes SLK AMG or Aston Martin V8 Vantage?
Aston, no question.
Saab 9-3 or BMW 3 Series?
Saab, every time.

Need I go on?

Do you want to drive a car, that others want to steal? Big problem in Europe.

because there is no British car any more?

Margret Thatcher YOU CONSERVATIVE BITCH!!!

The conservatives destroyed and doomed this country well before the Labour party did. The Labour party just kept the status quo and didnt do anything to change it, the conservatives made it in the first place.

IMO There as bad as each other and Cameron will not help this country.

The american auto industry is in decline. Nobody wants to buy those 3rd world cars anymore. Obama had to buy GM and I heard that Crysler is in the same shape. Only Ford is holding its own.

In comparison the germans with the best engineering build Porche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes and of course VW bought Royal Royce from Britain a decade ago. Why cant Americans build cars that people want? The Japanese own the US car market. What are they doing better?

I have a 1972 Porsche 911 in my garage collecting dust because it needs a new engine or the current engine rebuilt, but because it is German and a Porsche the cost of doing that is outrageous. The 2.7 liter air-cooled flat 6 cylinder engines do not last very long between rebuilds and usually always leak oil, so some here in the United States have actually put American Chevrolet 350 (5.7 liter) engines in the old Porsches (surprisingly without major modifications--except for adding the radiator system). The Chevrolet 350 is a much cheaper option, lasts a lot longer in between rebuilds, and more powerful. I plan on making putting a 350 in mine when I find the time.

I have a 1972 Porsche 911 in my garage collecting dust because it needs a new engine or the current engine rebuilt, but because it is German and a Porsche the cost of doing that is outrageous. The 2.7 liter air-cooled flat 6 cylinder engines do not last very long between rebuilds and usually always leak oil, so some here in the United States have actually put American Chevrolet 350 (5.7 liter) engines in the old Porsches (surprisingly without major modifications--except for adding the radiator system). The Chevrolet 350 is a much cheaper option, lasts a lot longer in between rebuilds, and more powerful. I plan on making putting a 350 in mine when I find the time.

350 Chevys get stuffed into just about everything. You can get a lot of HP for little money, they are plentiful, tough as nails, reliable and have been around forever.

LOL! I like your style! Not sure how the sight of American flags adds to the occasion but Hell, them's your jollies. What I want from motor racing is cool cars, ridiculously outrageous overtaking manoeuvres, aggressive pit-stop strategies, ideally a bit of rain to add an element of danger and lots of stupid celebrities trying to pretend they're 'in' with the teams and that they understnd what the F is going on.

If you've never seen the Spa Francorchamps GP then you haven't seen the best race track in the World and the most exciting racing.

Does my Punto class as an RV?

fiat_punto.jpg

:lamo Well there's also a car lot that you would have to park in but you can just as easily walk over to the RV field. My last NASCAR race was at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which was dominated by American flags. But if you get down more more of where i live it's dominated by Confederate flags. The chicks are way hotter down in the south opposed to the north. There's usually twice as many naked breast, as well. I've never been to your style race track, I've only seen left turns my whole life. However i did attend Skip Barbers school of racing when i was 17. All we did was learn how to race tricked out BMW's. It was fun but very expensive!

I've never heard of a 'Punto' but it looks just like a VW GTI. I use to race the GTI i had back in high school. I spent wayyyy too much money on fixing that thing up.

It all depends on what the car buyer is looking for in a car.

Do you want to drive a car, that others want to steal? Big problem in Europe.

That's the main problem with buying a top of the line vehicle. There's not too many places you can drive a Ferrari without something happening. Ya cant just pull a Ferrari into any parking lot and leave it for a few hours. I would get annoyed at all the attention that comes with it.(if i were to drive one)

Back
Top Bottom