• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox host slams president; Trump supporters call for his head

Although I think the Russia thing is way overblown. The press is way too fixated on it, imo.

Trump does have a TERRIBLE habit of wildly exaggerating things...and it makes him look foolish. And the silly thing is, he makes them often about silly things that are almost meaningless. But he gets SOOOO defensive when the press rightly calls him on them.

He has got to stop making statements that are not true if he wants any credibility outside of Trumpbotland.

Whatever ... I've been pissy all night tonight. I hate that we've taken a country where every American has the legal right to fight for his or her own place in life -- free association, freedom of speech, freedom of thought. Yet we've devolved into "left" vs. "right" factionalism in the eyes of so many. That's not an accurate description of the real world, but the persistent perception is shaping and creating that dichotomy; it's becoming a reality.

I agree that America is sharply divided and could be on the verge of a total breakdipown of civility

One good example are the riots on far left university campuses when conservatives show up to speak

Shepard Smith is not the only liberal on Fox news. There are actually quite a few of them.

The issue, I think, is that Smith is supposed to be a straight news anchor and he indulged in political commentary.

That's OK but it took some people, including me, by surprise. He has made commentary before but not about a president to my recollection. At any rate, he dislikes Trump as much as you folks do.

You are exactly right

But I don't think the rabid trump haters are capable of understanding that simple concept

Poor Shep. The Trump devotees are out for his head now.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is under fire for criticizing President's Trump's treatment of CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a freewheeling news conference Thursday and for Trump's refusal to answer questions about his campaign's ties to Russia.

"It's crazy what we're watching every day," Smith said after Trump's news conference. "It's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous, throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions? No sir."

"We have a right to know," Smith added. "You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking questions on behalf of the American people."

Like Megyn Kelly, Smith got a taste of the social media fury of Trump supporters who believe a Fox News host has scorned the president:

Aw. Not poor ol' Sheppy.

I like him.

Actual excerpt from the press conference.. interaction with a reporter named April Ryan:

And what was wrong with that interaction exactly?

It was drop jaw head shaking bizarre.

Who gave Trump those numbers he spouted off? The look on Trumps face when that reporter checked him, told me the man is either mentally ill, or a lying POS, which is it?

Although I think the Russia thing is way overblown. The press is way too fixated on it, imo.

Trump does have a TERRIBLE habit of wildly exaggerating things...and it makes him look foolish. And the silly thing is, he makes them often about silly things that are almost meaningless. But he gets SOOOO defensive when the press rightly calls him on them.

He has got to stop making statements that are not true if he wants any credibility outside of Trumpbotland.

Just admit it and call it what is, the man LIES!!

He can't stop, he's a lunatic.

Poor Shep. The Trump devotees are out for his head now.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is under fire for criticizing President's Trump's treatment of CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a freewheeling news conference Thursday and for Trump's refusal to answer questions about his campaign's ties to Russia.

"It's crazy what we're watching every day," Smith said after Trump's news conference. "It's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous, throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions? No sir."

"We have a right to know," Smith added. "You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking questions on behalf of the American people."

Like Megyn Kelly, Smith got a taste of the social media fury of Trump supporters who believe a Fox News host has scorned the president:

Afternoon Tres
The real worrying factor is how the Repub Senators and House back Trump on this fake news crap.

Not all, but a substantial number. At one time, say last year or so and back they were spouting that Romney was right and Russia was the greatest threat to the US.

Now we see that the Senate is investigating if Russia interfered with US elections. That's it so far, and then this Committee will decide if other Committees need to be involved- Intelligence and Finance (Banking)is needed.

Numerous reports of Trumps campaign members in frequent contact with Russia.
Then we have Flynn, only due to a leak.
If this had been a Democrat, how would they react?
Reports that US Intelligence is warning allies that intell shared may not be secure??
Demanding Senate Int Committee to get off their respective butts and get to the bottom of this.
Demanding witnesses appear to testify under oath.
FBI would be running a number of investigations.
This needs firm action by the Senate.
Not only are US Citizens watching, but the whole world is. They wonder what type of Allie will the US be.
The above is a recipe for a minor encounter to spin into a more serious one.

You can totally see Bannon giving Trump a pep talk before these press conferences too.. Okay, go out there and tell them they're fake. And as long as you do that.. you can pretty much say whatever you want.

Appealing to his base in order for Trump to better manage / control both Houses. Another round of elections are not far way. And far to many want their present jobs to continue.

Glad to see somebody at FOX has integrity to tell it like it is.

You insinuate here that those who don't share Shep's opinion lack integrity.

I like Shep and heard him say all this. Please remind others of it when they go on about "Faux News."

But I will say that irrespective of what he was saying, Shep crossed way over the line here as a newsman by editorializing.

I like Shep and heard him say all this. Please remind others of it when they go on about "Faux News."

But I will say that irrespective of what he was saying, Shep crossed way over the line here as a newsman by editorializing.

So FOX News can only editorialize if they are pro Trump? is that what you have a problem with? Are you telling us FOX isn't right-biased enough? :lamo

He did cross the line, but he was right on the mark, if it pissed off a few Trump folks, so what

Who gave Trump those numbers he spouted off? The look on Trumps face when that reporter checked him, told me the man is either mentally ill, or a lying POS, which is it?

I vote for ALL OF THE ABOVE.

So FOX News can only editorialize if they are pro Trump? is that what you have a problem with? Are you telling us FOX isn't right-biased enough? :lamo

Please read what I wrote rather than what you'd like for me to have written. I'm not going to explain the difference between a "newsman" and a "news host," but Shep is the former. One doesn't editorialize; the other does.

And I also said "irrespective of what he was saying." That was a key phrase, but you missed it.

So I will spell it out for you: Whether it had been Walter Cronkite (assuming that you know who he was) or Shep Smith, and whether the topic was the assassination of a President or the Berkeley protests, it is not the job of a newsman or woman to editorialize.

https://www.studentnewsdaily.com/example-of-media-bias/editorializing-in-a-news-report/

CBS News Director Condemns Editorialized TV Commentaries | News | The Harvard Crimson

NY Times Again Sends Memo Reminding Reporters Not to Editorialize on Social Media | Mediaite

CNN suspends reporter for two weeks for editorializing in a tweet « Hot Air

He did cross the line, but he was right on the mark, if it pissed off a few Trump folks, so what

Why, absolutely nothing. Only the blurring of reporting versus editorializing.

Not upholding journalistic standards is such a little thing so long as "Trump folks" or "Clinton folks" are pissed off.

:roll:

And what was wrong with that interaction exactly?

First of all, he didn't know what the CBC was. I'm giving him a full pass on that. You know, the president's a busy guy, he hears CBC, CIA, CDC all day long.. It's injurious to condemn someone because they can't think on their feet to place acronyms in real time. But, the way he fielded the question once he figured out who the CBC are, was preposterous. Trump asked an African American reporter to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Reporters don't do that. They report the news. They have no access to administrative scheduling in congress or in the executive branch. Furthermore, not all black people know each other. Trump might as well have said, "Hey, you guys are getting together for watermelon and fried chicken later on tonight? You tell them that I'll do a meeting." His hollow statements had the subtext of, "I do not know who these people are and I do not give a s***."

Last edited:
So obviously, anything he says is just wrong.

You live in a fantasy world devoid of facts.

Not necessarily

But he is a reporter not a political

And he should keep is liberal opinions and bias to himself

First of all, he didn't know what the CBC was. I'm giving him a full pass on that. You know, the president's a busy guy, he hears CBC, CIA, CDC all day long.. It's injurious to condemn someone because they can't think on their feet to place acronyms in real time. But, the way he fielded the question once he figured out who the CBC are, was preposterous. Trump asked an African American reporter to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Reporters don't do that. They report the news. They have no access to administrative scheduling in congress or in the executive branch. Furthermore, not all black people know each other. Trump might as well have said, "Hey, you guys are getting together for watermelon and fried chicken later on tonight? You tell them that I'll do a meeting." His hollow statements had the subtext of, "I do not know who these people are and I do not give a s***."
I figured you would put a racial overtone to it, that's just what you guys on the left do. Its a sign of intellectual laziness on your part to be immediately drawn to skin color on every issue. Perhaps you didn't watch the rest of the press conference, but Trump was combative with everyone. But using your limited line of reasoning here, don't you find it odd that the black reporter had to ask a question about black congressmen? Perhaps it is she and you who are to singularly focused on the issue of race and skin color and not Trump. And finally, why should he meet with the CBC? They are intolerant, race obsessed leftists who boycotted his inauguration and have nothing but bad things to say about him. How about they reach out to Trump rather than the other way around. Why is it his obligation to meet with a hyperpartisan, left wing group like the CBC. If I were him, I would make no effort to meet them either. Its like demanding a new democrat president meet with the Tea Party Caucus. It would never happen and the dem president would basically say "I don't know who these people are and I do not give a s***"

I figured you would put a racial overtone to it, that's just what you guys on the left do. Its a sign of intellectual laziness on your part to be immediately drawn to skin color on every issue. Perhaps you didn't watch the rest of the press conference, but Trump was combative with everyone. But using your limited line of reasoning here, don't you find it odd that the black reporter had to ask a question about black congressmen? Perhaps it is she and you who are to singularly focused on the issue of race and skin color and not Trump. And finally, why should he meet with the CBC? They are intolerant, race obsessed leftists who boycotted his inauguration and have nothing but bad things to say about him. How about they reach out to Trump rather than the other way around. Why is it his obligation to meet with a hyperpartisan, left wing group like the CBC. If I were him, I would make no effort to meet them either. Its like demanding a new democrat president meet with the Tea Party Caucus. It would never happen and the dem president would basically say "I don't know who these people are and I do not give a s***"

An establishment republican who is terrified of the lib news media should avoid meeting with the CBC

Because the republican will either have to pander to the black liberals ar get ripped a new one by the liberal media

trump will not pander and he can use the event to reach blacks who are capable of thinking for themselves

not all blacks

But a growing number

At what point do you wake up and start blaming the people who are responsible for the mess, rather than the media that is covering it? What's with you folks? Why is it ALWAYS someone else's fault?!.

When the media reports flat out lies or slants the stories they write because they hate Trump
and what he is trying to do the folks will continue to blame the liars in the media. They set them self's
up for this treatment. This is not an isolated incident it's a massive scale.

When the media reports flat out lies or slants the stories they write because they hate Trump
and what he is trying to do the folks will continue to blame the liars in the media. They set them self's
up for this treatment. This is not an isolated incident it's a massive scale.

There you go again with the victimization.
That excuse isn't going to fly for much longer. More and more Americans are getting sick of hearing the whining.

The right tries everything it can to deflect and project racism outward. It's classic psychological manipulation. We're not the ones, you're the ones. Wife says to husband, hey, you spent too much money this month.. Husband says, "No I didn't. YOU spent too much money this month." Okay, well clearly someone spent all the money for the mortgage.

Leaving out his "White Guy Misunderstanding Black Guy" comments leftover from the 1950s, there's still the first part. Trump's doesn't know what he's doing. He lacks the intellectual curiosity to discover what the purpose of the Executive Branch is. What he asked of that reporter would be like if you walked into a book store... And asked the clerk, "Do you have XYZ?" And the clerk told you, "I don't know, you want to call the publisher. Here's a phone call the publisher. See if he shipped us any."

He's unprepared. He's never had a real job in his life. He doesn't want to do the real work of the presidency. He just held a campaign event in FL.. Why would he do this? Are these not symptoms of a lunatic? Love me, adore me, shower me with kisses. He needs a safe space of his adoring fans, because he knows they're few and far in between. And the people who aren't his fans, aren't afraid to tell him that.

Back
Top Bottom