• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox host slams president; Trump supporters call for his head

The right tries everything it can to deflect and project racism outward. It's classic psychological manipulation. We're not the ones, you're the ones. Wife says to husband, hey, you spent too much money this month.. Husband says, "No I didn't. YOU spent too much money this month." Okay, well clearly someone spent all the money for the mortgage.
Play internet psychologist with someone else. I'm not projecting racism anywhere, I am simply pointing out that you are imagining it where it doesn't exist. Analyze why a person would do that.

Leaving out his "White Guy Misunderstanding Black Guy" comments leftover from the 1950s, there's still the first part. Trump's doesn't know what he's doing. He lacks the intellectual curiosity to discover what the purpose of the Executive Branch is. What he asked of that reporter would be like if you walked into a book store... And asked the clerk, "Do you have XYZ?" And the clerk told you, "I don't know, you want to call the publisher. Here's a phone call the publisher. See if he shipped us any."

He's unprepared. He's never had a real job in his life. He doesn't want to do the real work of the presidency. He just held a campaign event in FL.. Why would he do this? Are these not symptoms of a lunatic? Love me, adore me, shower me with kisses. He needs a safe space of his adoring fans, because he knows they're few and far in between. And the people who aren't his fans, aren't afraid to tell him that.
Opinions are like ***holes. And your opinion on this fits right in.

Play internet psychologist with someone else. I'm not projecting racism anywhere, I am simply pointing out that you are imagining it where it doesn't exist. Analyze why a person would do that.

Opinions are like ***holes. And your opinion on this fits right in.

Sorry, not trying to accuse you of anything personal. I meant the right wing talking heads. They're perfect at contorting racially charged topics to point fingers at the left for standing up for minorities. The Tomi Lahrens and Bill O'Reillys of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, not trying to accuse you of anything personal. I meant the right wing talking heads. They're perfect at contorting racially charged topics to point fingers at the left for standing up for minorities. The Tomi Lahrens and Bill O'Reillys of the world.

That's fine, but to avoid confusion, concentrate on what I say and on the discussion we are having and not on what others say and do

Comey said that a crime was committed however he chose not to prosecute. His argument was that the statute had only been enforced in the past when it was shown that a person had knowingly violated it. So, you had the investigative agency deciding whether or not something should be prosecuted - which is not up to the investigative agency. The reason Comey had to make the call was because the AG had to recuse her sorry ass because she met with Bill Clinton on a while all this was going on.

I don't remember Comey saying she committed any crimes. Link, please? If she committed a crime, how come Trump hasn't locked her up, like he promised to?

Uh, I'm derailing my own thread. Let's get back to Shep Smith and him being attacked by the Trump faithful for daring to question the dear leader shutting down a member of the press.

Gonna be a long 4-8 years for you, bro. Might want to pace yourself.

The right tries everything it can to deflect and project racism outward. It's classic psychological manipulation. We're not the ones, you're the ones. Wife says to husband, hey, you spent too much money this month.. Husband says, "No I didn't. YOU spent too much money this month." Okay, well clearly someone spent all the money for the mortgage.

Leaving out his "White Guy Misunderstanding Black Guy" comments leftover from the 1950s, there's still the first part. Trump's doesn't know what he's doing. He lacks the intellectual curiosity to discover what the purpose of the Executive Branch is. What he asked of that reporter would be like if you walked into a book store... And asked the clerk, "Do you have XYZ?" And the clerk told you, "I don't know, you want to call the publisher. Here's a phone call the publisher. See if he shipped us any."

He's unprepared. He's never had a real job in his life. He doesn't want to do the real work of the presidency. He just held a campaign event in FL.. Why would he do this? Are these not symptoms of a lunatic? Love me, adore me, shower me with kisses. He needs a safe space of his adoring fans, because he knows they're few and far in between. And the people who aren't his fans, aren't afraid to tell him that.

Gonna be a long 4-8 years for you, bro. Might want to pace yourself.

Eh, you know. The President still only has so much power. The boon of Trump being prez is that he galvanizes opposition. With someone like HRC you don't get that. Legislation to protect the 1% continues continues unabated. The military industrial complex chugs along. And half the left goes to sleep. Because they're going to defend what she does. So, with a guy like Trump it allows people to organize in a common fight.

Fox host slams president; Trump supporters call for his head

Poor Shep. The Trump devotees are out for his head now.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is under fire for criticizing President's Trump's treatment of CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a freewheeling news conference Thursday and for Trump's refusal to answer questions about his campaign's ties to Russia.

"It's crazy what we're watching every day," Smith said after Trump's news conference. "It's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous, throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions? No sir."

"We have a right to know," Smith added. "You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking questions on behalf of the American people."

Like Megyn Kelly, Smith got a taste of the social media fury of Trump supporters who believe a Fox News host has scorned the president:

please. stop speaking the TRUTH; we will ALL have to hide underneath oversized condoms the size of ancient redwoods just to keep the filth of this administration from polluting our fragile souls ........

So the media is acting like a Precious Snowflake because... our Precious Snowflake In Chief is criticizing them for... criticizing the Snowflake in Chief?

Yes. All actors in this tragicomedy deserve to have lost all the credibility that they have lost.

He's unprepared. He's never had a real job in his life. He doesn't want to do the real work of the presidency. He just held a campaign event in FL.. Why would he do this? Are these not symptoms of a lunatic?

Just to point out - staying in permanent campaign mode worked for his predecessor, who was also utterly unprepared and often seemed irritated with the boring parts of Presidenting' that didn't involve giving speeches in front of adoring fans, where he castigated the opposition.

Conservatives criticized that guy quite a bit over it.

And, then many of them voted for it, proving that mostly they were upset that it wasn't their guy doing it.

:shrug:

That's funny. Trump supporters are just slabs of meat that miraculously were gifted with the ability to move and talk (somewhat coherently). Must be jealous about Shep having a head.

Comey said that a crime was committed however he chose not to prosecute. His argument was that the statute had only been enforced in the past when it was shown that a person had knowingly violated it. So, you had the investigative agency deciding whether or not something should be prosecuted - which is not up to the investigative agency. The reason Comey had to make the call was because the AG had to recuse her sorry ass because she met with Bill Clinton on a while all this was going on.

No, Comey did not say that she committed a crime:

To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

She was careless and reckless. But that isn't criminal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-email-comey.html?_r=0

Thats the NYT paraphrasing what Comey said, and Comey was wrong. By definition he doesn't make proprietorial decisions, yet he had to. He only said that he wouldn't prosecute, not that it wasn't criminal.

No, Comey did not say that she committed a crime:

To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

She was careless and reckless. But that isn't criminal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-email-comey.html?_r=0

Thats the NYT paraphrasing what Comey said, and Comey was wrong. By definition he doesn't make proprietorial decisions, yet he had to. He only said that he wouldn't prosecute, not that it wasn't criminal.

I can't find a link anywhere to Comey saying she committed a crime. Can you post one?

No. I saw the hearing, he may not have used those exact words which is why you can't find it. If you run a stop sign and a cop pull over but decides not to give you a ticket, you still broke the law.

I can't find a link anywhere to Comey saying she committed a crime. Can you post one?

No. I saw the hearing, he may not have used those exact words which is why you can't find it. If you run a stop sign and a cop pull over but decides not to give you a ticket, you still broke the law.

If it was in the hearing there would be evidence of him saying that she committed a crime.

I honestly never recall him saying that, and if he had, someone would have brought charges against her. If not the previous administration - I get that he wouldn't - why wouldn't Donald Trump do it, as he threatened to do repeatedly on the campaign trail?

Trump is a pig.

I actually saw the original segment. I was a bit put off as well by Shepards interjection of ire during a non story. I was tempted to send him an email to help him get past it. I also saw acostas during that press conference and he got what he wanted but insisted on being intellectually dishonest and ignoring the presented point. In this case Shep is like that drunk guy at the bar partially eavesdropping on a discussion nearby and foolishly jumps in misunderstanding the situation and getting a black eye at the end of the evening.

The US needs a free and HONEST press. Is it that difficult a concept to grasp?

With a mountain of false victims and false stories behind us for decades I think of a line from Macbeth.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

This is a distraction to take our eye off the fact that a US citizen was being surveilled without a warrant. It does not matter if Flynn was picked up by a hot Mike on a Russian ambassador. If he had actually done anything illegal he would have been charged. The only evident crime right now leads to the highest levels of power in the previous administration.

I actually saw the original segment. I was a bit put off as well by Shepards interjection of ire during a non story. I was tempted to send him an email to help him get past it. I also saw acostas during that press conference and he got what he wanted but insisted on being intellectually dishonest and ignoring the presented point. In this case Shep is like that drunk guy at the bar partially eavesdropping on a discussion nearby and foolishly jumps in misunderstanding the situation and getting a black eye at the end of the evening.

The US needs a free and HONEST press. Is it that difficult a concept to grasp?

With a mountain of false victims and false stories behind us for decades I think of a line from Macbeth.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

This is a distraction to take our eye off the fact that a US citizen was being surveilled without a warrant. It does not matter if Flynn was picked up by a hot Mike on a Russian ambassador. If he had actually done anything illegal he would have been charged. The only evident crime right now leads to the highest levels of power in the previous administration.

Flynn lied to the FBI....and that's a felony. But Trump's AG isn't going to indict him because he himself lied to congress and may have to resign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.879885b11aeb

Flynn lied to the FBI....and that's a felony. But Trump's AG isn't going to indict him because he himself lied to congress and may have to resign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.879885b11aeb

Meh. Much ado about nothing. The left has lost congress, lost the house, lost the whitehouse, all but five governorships, and near a thousand seats across the legislatures across the country. The only power they have is to complain and mine for microscopic "gotcha" moments. Having heard the original testimony I think all this could have been avoided with a tiny bit of more forthcoming information. I wish people would forget these waste of time distractions and focus on the important issues.

If sessions goes down for this bs then so should macaskill and 29 other democrats that met secretly with Russian officials and others.

They should be careful what they wish for because the trail leads home.

Macain, Grahmnesty, Ryan, Mcconnell should wear bones in their noses. They are cannibals to their own party. Democrats are so concerned with their own status they are willing to sell out the country.

Fake news is yelling fire in a theatre and enjoying the show that ensues regardless of who gets hurt.
People are tired of it.

Meh. Much ado about nothing. The left has lost congress, lost the house, lost the whitehouse, all but five governorships, and near a thousand seats across the legislatures across the country. The only power they have is to complain and mine for microscopic "gotcha" moments. Having heard the original testimony I think all this could have been avoided with a tiny bit of more forthcoming information. I wish people would forget these waste of time distractions and focus on the important issues.

If sessions goes down for this bs then so should macaskill and 29 other democrats that met secretly with Russian officials and others.

They should be careful what they wish for because the trail leads home.

Macain, Grahmnesty, Ryan, Mcconnell should wear bones in their noses. They are cannibals to their own party. Democrats are so concerned with their own status they are willing to sell out the country.

Fake news is yelling fire in a theatre and enjoying the show that ensues regardless of who gets hurt.
People are tired of it.

I'm sure the left is well aware of their losses. But you're wrong if you think they're powerless. They still have the courts, the media and the power to organize, protest and free speech...not to mention control over the largest economies in the US...IE: NYC, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, etc.

If Sessions goes down, Trump can replace him with someone else with less baggage. Macaskill is an elected official...Sessions is not.

Democrats just want their country back. Surely, even you can understand that.

People are tired of Trump's campaigning, too.

I'm sure the left is well aware of their losses. But you're wrong if you think they're powerless. They still have the courts, the media and the power to organize, protest and free speech.

Democrats just want their country back. Surely, even you can understand that.

Dont forget the schools. Like I said...They have the power to complain. The reaction can be controlled. Its refreshing to see someone actually admit to the liberal bias. Usually we all get a hear no evil see no evil juggling act.Thanks.

Empathy is supposed to go two ways. Democrats had a long time to make it work and failed miserably.

I do know exactly how it feels.They forced me personally to feel it to the tune of a 1000 percent increase in my healthcare monthly fees and a 7000 dollar increase in deductibles to 8500. The providers available flew the coop from 18 to 3. Yes 3.

Many of us felt this way for 8 years but were working 75 hour weeks to make up for the economic loss.

[video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo.AcCbpYonAA_2EsnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZW c0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=liberals+scream&vid=8d954dcea71cf938d504267392d3fd1e&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOV P.WLTLT8qodVM2yxYFfVw2EAEsCo%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D16 8%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq 2R2btO4MEo&tit=Liberal+Protester+screams+in+agony+as+Trump+sw orn+in&c=0&h=168&w=300&l=27&sigr=11bh9iut3&sigt=11k85agnp&sigi=12rj7sqvb&age=1484948112&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla&tt=b[/video]

People havent had time to get tired of anything. Talk to me after 8 years of a Trump administration as I and the country suffered 8 years of an Obama administration.

There is a glaring difference on how we handled the election. Most of us put our heads down and went to work until the light in the tunnel came into view.

Now we see lunacy in the streets destroying Starbucks and grown women on marches with private parts on their heads.

I consider a womens march a company of women marines.

It would be easy to let the healthcare system implode and force the democrats to wear it around their necks like an albatross for decades.

I am glad the current administration is not doing that and is attempting to replace it with something better than a massive failure.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

Back
Top Bottom