• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shutdown

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

Should the information that "Saturday Night Live," "Weekend Update" information be truthful ? Exit polling of voters in 2008 showed many Democrats considered SNL to be a credible news source.

How about "Comedy Central" aka "The Comedy Channel" where many young adults get their news from and believe it to be a credible news source ?

What about HBO's Bill Maher or ABC's "The View" or Fox News "Red Eye" ?

Except for "Red Eye" all are presented on entertainment channels.

Just doing a quick search, the Huffington Post and also the Obama White House consider consider "Fox and Friends" to be a straight news program. This is disturbing if the Obama White House thinks that "Fox and Friends" is a news program, may explain why the Obama administration is a fail administration.

Who says?

Bill Shine, executive vice president for programming at Fox News has said that "Fox and Friends" "falls under the network’s entertainment umbrella and does not pretend to be straight news."
That's doesn't mean they can't be truthful.

Bottom line. Do you believe the story about Obama?

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

Except for "Red Eye" all are presented on entertainment channels.

I watch Fox News for it's entertainment value.

Fox News isn't my main source for news.

BTW, by any chance do you know who was on the "Leg Chair" last night ? I missed last night show.

I wonder how many people get their "news" from Fox & Friends.

Fox & Friends Saturday criticized President Obama for offering to personally pay for a "museum of Muslim culture" during the government shutdown, a claim that originated from a satire website.

On October 5, the co-hosts of Fox & Friends Saturday discussed the closure of the World War II Memorial, which resulted from the Republican-led shutdown. During the discussion, co-host Anna Kooiman claimed that while the memorial is closed, "President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for the museum of Muslim culture."

Unfortunately for Kooiman, the claim that Obama offered to pay out of pocket for a "museum of Muslim culture" originated from the satirical website the National Report. As the fact-checking site Snopes.com points out, a now-removed disclaimer on the National Report noted: "National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news."

Fox has a history of passing off satirical stories as actual news.​

it's an op-ed show. And while Fox does a good job blurring the lines between such and actual news reporting, we shouldn't make the same mistake​

I watch Fox News for it's entertainment value.

Fox News isn't my main source for news.

BTW, by any chance do you know who was on the "Leg Chair" last night ? I missed last night show.
Sorry, I've never watch the show.

If you are referring to Fox News, that big eye in your avatar isn't helping you. I don't watch Fox News if I can help it.

Instead of pointing out slips of the tongue, why not get mad about what the FedGov is doing to ALL of us?

Sorry, I've never watch the show.
...but you snark about it when you think you can - even though you admit, "I've never watch[ed] the show?"

Should the information they present be truthful?
I think the common sense response to that would be yes. But I wonder, do you show as much grace and forgiveness for mistakes made by shows you like when they make them?

Would we for instance, if we searched for threads you've started find similar threads snarking at mistakes other "news shows" have made that you *do* watch?

Fox's infotainment and opinion shows quite often present untruths as facts. And said untruths are often perpetuated on other Fox programming and platforms.
Oh really? And how "often" is that? More importantly, how does their presentation of "untruths as facts" differ from the other non-Fox shows presentation of "untruths and facts?"

Or is this simply sour grapes because Fox shows out rate all others - by well over a factor of 2?

Fox & Friends Saturday criticized President Obama for offering to personally pay for a "museum of Muslim culture" during the government shutdown, a claim that originated from a satire website.​

:lol::lol:

that is just classic.

i remember my own right winger fox days. eventually, the network just went too far and i was no longer able to suspend disbelief. was an important awakening.​

Fox and Friends is not part of Fox News Channel news programing, it's an entertainment program not a news program.

Why are liberals so gullible to believe what they hear on entertainment programing ? These were the same people who watched "Saturday Night Live" and believed that Tina Fay was really Sarah Palin and that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house."

Well that's how Obama got elected.

That's like saying that "Good Morning America" or the "Today Show" are not "News Programs". Sure...there are elements of entertainment to these type of programs, but they still by and large market themselves as "News Programs". We aren't talking sitcoms or cartoons here on "Comedy Central"....we are talking about a NEWS CHANNEL.

All of Fox's popular shows are "entertainment programming". Except that they look and act like news shows. On a channel called "Fox News". It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but it's an "entertainment show" to excuse the fact that it doesn't live up to standards of an actual news show. That's Fox's game. It's intentional deception.

Yes, and look at how many people buy into their bs.

I take it you won't be watching Chris Wallace today.

Not the same, and if passed they could even be addressed later by the Dems if wanted.
Secondly; The Dems have to ask for something in return.
Or did that somehow skip your biased thought processes?
They are the ones holding up the show and not negotiating.
Only the Republicans are the ones trying.

As for "doesn't need to be made"?
That also is debatable. The people seem to want it repealed. And the Dems are obviously standing in the way of that too.

I can play your game: The Democrats haven't held anything up, because each time a CR was sent to them with a modifier for the ACA, they promptly returned the CR without the modifier. I believe they did this at least twice prior to the shutdown deadline, and all the Republicans had to do was pass it. Instead, the Republicans insisted on sending CRs to the Senate that they were told in advance wouldn't pass.

Isn't hyperpartisan oversimplification great?

All of Fox's popular shows are "entertainment programming". Except that they look and act like news shows. On a channel called "Fox News". It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but it's an "entertainment show" to excuse the fact that it doesn't live up to standards of an actual news show. That's Fox's game. It's intentional deception.

Which programs DO live up to that standard?

That's like saying that "Good Morning America" or the "Today Show" are not "News Programs". Sure...there are elements of entertainment to these type of programs, but they still by and large market themselves as "News Programs". We aren't talking sitcoms or cartoons here on "Comedy Central"....we are talking about a NEWS CHANNEL.

it's op-ed programming

:laughat:
Well, thanks for your thoughtful counter-argument. Golly, I'm convinced.
You can't comprehend or distinguish between two separate things and it is somehow my fault?
:doh Do'h!
:lamo

I can play your game: The Democrats haven't held anything up, because each time a CR was sent to them with a modifier for the ACA, they promptly returned the CR without the modifier. I believe they did this at least twice prior to the shutdown deadline, and all the Republicans had to do was pass it. Instead, the Republicans insisted on sending CRs to the Senate that they were told in advance wouldn't pass.
Oh boy! :doh
All you have managed to show, is the same thing I did.
The Dems are responsible for not cooperating and shutting down the government by not doing so.

Isn't hyperpartisan oversimplification great?
Since you are the one engaging in it, I would think you already know.

did a search no where other then snopes says they are a satirical news site. now you can question their creditability but labeling them as a satirical news site is false

National Report | America's #1 Independent News Team

Dog Food Recall Platinum K-9 Brand Found To Contain Traces Of LSD
Nine Inch Nails, a Downward Spiral…to Hell!!!
The Xenu Report: BREAKING NEWS C/Net Has More Viruses Than CDC
Japanese Schoolchildren’s Prank Has Devastating Results, Over 850 Dead From Earthquake They Caused By All Jumping Off Chairs At Same Time
Packers Embarrassing Loss to Bengals Linked to Green Bay Bridge Collapse
Taurus Firearms Company Introduces The New Trayvon PK-10 or “Perp-Killer”

It's too bad your 'search' did not include actually going into the website.

You can't comprehend or distinguish between two separate things and it is somehow my fault?

They are functionally the same thing -- delay the ACA, or delay the ACA. You're playing semantics games, I'm just not joining in.

All you have managed to show, is the same thing I did.
The Dems are responsible for not cooperating and shutting down the government by not doing so.

Apparently your reading comprehension skills need some work -- I showed you it could be portrayed that the Democrats didn't hold anything up, and that it is the Republican refusal to pass the Senate-amended CRs that resulted in the shutdown.

Since you are the one engaging in it, I would think you already know.

Oh goodie, you've resorted to "I know you are but what am I." Have fun with that.

it's op-ed programming

Exactly...but it still pretends to be a news program on a news channel.....not a fiction based sitcom.

Exactly...but it still pretends to be a news program on a news channel.....not a fiction based sitcom.

Op-ed is news programming. That's why newspapers and journalist oriented web domains all include it. Though I agree that fox often blurs the lines between the two when the distinction should be clear. But that doesn't change the fact that op-ed pieces are more than established aspects of modern journalism, and there is nothing wring with that, in itself

They are functionally the same thing -- delay the ACA, or delay the ACA. You're playing semantics games, I'm just not joining in.
De-funding is not delaying.
Or do you really not know the difference?

Apparently your reading comprehension skills need some work -- I showed you it could be portrayed that the Democrats didn't hold anything up, and that it is the Republican refusal to pass the Senate-amended CRs that resulted in the shutdown.
Apparently it is your comprehension skills that need some work.
How many times do you need to be told?
You said the same thing I did, which shows the Dems are obstructing and not cooperating.
Outright rejecting each and every amendment is not cooperating.
They are the ones saying "No". They haven't budged on that all.
The Republicanss are the only ones compromising here. Not the Dems. That squarely puts the shutdown on the Dem's shoulders.

Oh goodie, you've resorted to "I know you are but what am I." Have fun with that.
:naughty
No, just pointing out you would know, as you are the one engaging in it.

De-funding is not delaying.
Or do you really not know the difference?

A CR is not a permanent funding measure -- nothing is, technically, but it's the opposite of mandatory spending in the sense that it comes with an expiration date. As such, de-funding the ACA in a CR is delaying it until the expiration of the CR.

Apparently it is your comprehension skills that need some work.
How many times do you need to be told?
You said the same thing I did, which shows the Dems are obstructing and not cooperating.
Outright rejecting each and every amendment is not cooperating.
They are the ones saying "No". They haven't budged on that all.
The Republicanss are the only ones compromising here. Not the Dems. That squarely puts the shutdown on the Dem's shoulders.

That's actually not what I said at all. I'm pretty sure I'm more familiar with what I said than you, seeing as how I'm the one that said it. :lol:

If I'm wrong, you're welcome to quote me and point to precisely where I'm wrong. Otherwise, please stop lying about what I said.

A CR is not a permanent funding measure -- nothing is, technically, but it's the opposite of mandatory spending in the sense that it comes with an expiration date. As such, de-funding the ACA in a CR is delaying it until the expiration of the CR.
And yet the two are and were separate and distinct things.
So learn to differentiate.
If you don't understand that, then read the language of each amendment to learn the differences.

If I'm wrong, you're welcome to quote me and point to precisely where I'm wrong. Otherwise, please stop lying about what I said.
You resort to lying now?
So typical of a liberal.
You said the same thing I did. Showing the Dems are obstructing by saying "no" each and every time no matter what the Amendment says.
That is not cooperating. That is obstructing.
Making the Dems at fault.

You can't change that.

Back
Top Bottom