• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shutdown

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

did a search no where other then snopes says they are a satirical news site. now you can question their creditability but labeling them as a satirical news site is false

and by the way snopes has very little creditability
so your using a non creditable site to try to discredit another site

Translation: Snopes debunks the wingnut conspiracy theories; ergo, we'll simply dismiss the source. Snopes' creditability* is just fine.

* -- not the correct word for this context

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

still it is false claiming it as fact they are a satirical news site. now for creditability I wouldn't my self say they are
What's your point? Do you believe the story about Obama is true or false? My belief is that someone who hates Obama would have a tendency to believe it's true. How about you?

Ummm THEN was August 7th less than two month ago.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/... what. The Dems were being the Party of "No".

Fox & Friends Saturday criticized President Obama for offering to personally pay for a "museum of Muslim culture" during the government shutdown, a claim that originated from a satire website.

I'm not particularly scandalized. The media has been duped by both satirical pieces and outright fake news reports in the past.

And?

Under which disclaimer was the story published?
The way I see it, it doesn't matter. The disclaimer you produced says: "The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report."
Do you believe the story or don't you? My guess is you do: Fox knows how gullible their audience is, that why they broadcast **** like this.

As for negotiate what?
You know damn well what.
The Dems were being the Party of "No".
Like I said it's about ACA aka Obamacare, a law that was duly passed by both Houses of Congress and signed into law by the POTUS. AND was ruled Constitutional by a right leaning SCOTUS. There is NOTHING to negotiate!!!!!

NOTHING!!!!

Of course they did. I swear, they must breed their news bimbos on a farm somewhere in Texas and put them on camera when they reach the proper measurements.

Do you believe the story or don't you? My guess is you do: Fox knows how gullible their audience is, that why they broadcast **** like this.
The way I see it, you like to assume too much, which makes you wrong.

Like I said it's about ACA aka Obamacare, a law that was duly passed by both Houses of Congress and signed into law by the POTUS. AND was ruled Constitutional by a right leaning SCOTUS. There is NOTHING to negotiate!!!!!

NOTHING!!!!
You can scream all you want liberal.
It doesn't change the fact that there is something to negotiate.

Let's say this was true, which it's not ...

What are the Republicans offering in exchange for delay of the ACA?

The way I see it, you like to assume too much, which makes you wrong.

You can scream all you want liberal.
And yet you can't seem to say what it is. lol

Translation: Snopes debunks the wingnut conspiracy theories; ergo, we'll simply dismiss the source. Snopes' creditability* is just fine.

* -- not the correct word for this context

it is a mom and pop web site run by a husband and wife neither one have any training or the credentials to debunk anything

What's your point? Do you believe the story about Obama is true or false? My belief is that someone who hates Obama would have a tendency to believe it's true. How about you?

not sure would need more info to make that decision un like you who will believe everything huff and puff post, mother jones, MSNBC, or the buzz puts out I usually look for confirmation with any news source

not sure would need more info to make that decision un like you who will believe everything huff and puff post, mother jones, MSNBC, or the buzz puts out I usually look for confirmation with any news source

I knew it, you believe it. LMMFAO

I wonder how many people get their "news" from Fox & Friends. < snip >
:lamo

I'm wondering how many people think Fox & Friends is a news show.

Should the information they present be truthful?

Fox's infotainment and opinion shows quite often present untruths as facts. And said untruths are often perpetuated on other Fox programming and platforms.

Let's say this was true, which it's not ...

What are the Republicans offering in exchange for delay of the ACA?
Of course it's true.

The House sends the Dems in control of the Senate the Continuing Resolution with amendments.
The Senate then strips the Amendments and approves and sends it back to the House for approval.
That is not negotiating.
The House then repeats the process with different Amendments. That is negotiating.
The Senate again refuses to budge and strips the Amendment. That is not negotiating.
The Dems at fault for not negotiating.
Do you really not understand this?

The really sad part about this is that had Reid done his job, there wouldn't be a need for a CR in the first place.
Further making the Dems responsible.

And yet you can't seem to say what it is. lol
:doh
Are you purposely being obtuse?

Of course it's true.

The House sends the Dems in control of the Senate the Continuing Resolution with amendments.
The Senate then strips the Amendments and approves and sends it back to the House for approval.
That is not negotiating.
The House then repeats the process with different Amendments. That is negotiating.
The Senate again refuses to budge and strips the Amendment. That is not negotiating.

The really sad part about this is that had Reid done his job, there wouldn't be a need for a CR in the first place.
Further making the Dems responsible.

Are you purposely being obtuse?

The use of CR in place of budgets doesn't lend itself well to negotiation. A CR makes sense short-term to provide time to put together a budget. All the CR really amounts to is a way to avoid government shutdown.

I'd like to assume both Republicans and Democrats dislike government shutdown and both would like to end the shutdown. Negotiation is usually a give and take process. One side might want A. The other side wants B. Unless the options are mutually exclusive, they can agree to do both A and B. So with the current CR's, since both sides want to end the shutdown what else is in the bill? The house would like a delay of the ACA. In exchange for this delay of the ACA, they are willing to ... nothing. This is negotiation?

It'd make far more sense to just pass a short-term CR and work on a real budget doing the negotiation there.

So intentionally putting a poison pill in the CR is "negotiating"? Bull.

Should the information they present be truthful?

Should the information that "Saturday Night Live," "Weekend Update" information be truthful ? Exit polling of voters in 2008 showed many Democrats considered SNL to be a credible news source.

How about "Comedy Central" aka "The Comedy Channel" where many young adults get their news from and believe it to be a credible news source ?

What about HBO's Bill Maher or ABC's "The View" or Fox News "Red Eye" ?

Just doing a quick search, the Huffington Post and also the Obama White House consider consider "Fox and Friends" to be a straight news program. This is disturbing if the Obama White House thinks that "Fox and Friends" is a news program, may explain why the Obama administration is a fail administration.

Bill Shine, executive vice president for programming at Fox News has said that "Fox and Friends" "falls under the network’s entertainment umbrella and does not pretend to be straight news."

Exit polling of voters in 2008 showed many Democrats considered SNL to be a credible news source.

Ahem. :citation needed:

That is not negotiating.

Saying "let's defund the ACA" and "let's delay the ACA" constitute two different amendments is like saying that "heads I win" and "tails you lose" constitute two different results.

Fox News: Fair, Balanced, and A Tad Gullible

So intentionally putting a poison pill in the CR is "negotiating"? Bull.
Poison pill? :doh Do'h!

Delaying it isn't poison. :roll:

Saying "let's defund the ACA" and "let's delay the ACA" constitute two different amendments is like saying that "heads I win" and "tails you lose" constitute two different results.

Not even.
They are two separate things.

Poison pill? :doh Do'h!

Delaying it isn't poison. :roll:

Not even.
They are two separate things.

Two separate things with the same effect, especially in a year when the GOP attempts this nonsense again. And it's a concession that doesn't need to be made when the GOP is offering nothing in return.

Two separate things with the same effect, especially in a year when the GOP attempts this nonsense again. And it's a concession that doesn't need to be made when the GOP is offering nothing in return.
Not the same, and if passed they could even be addressed later by the Dems if wanted.
Secondly; The Dems have to ask for something in return.
Or did that somehow skip your biased thought processes?
They are the ones holding up the show and not negotiating.
Only the Republicans are the ones trying.

As for "doesn't need to be made"?
That also is debatable. The people seem to want it repealed. And the Dems are obviously standing in the way of that too.

Back
Top Bottom