• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn has given "substantial" assistance to the special counsel

At slugs pace.

Not brain dead people know pretty for sure why that would be.

So......speed is more important than quality....right.:roll:

It said Flynn gave incorrect information to the transition team.

someones laughing at the Trumpers...

gettyimages-681529300_wide-0242147ade9d8cd2832393d9d1a656c86b6b7762-s1100-c15.jpg

According to an article I read, one of the three investigations is Muellers. Another is the NY AGs investigation into the Trump Foundation using money to benefit the Trump family. And the third is completely unknown.

3rd one could be Flynn being involved with Turkey.

If they are going to court, then yes, they need to testify-- if they have information of a conspiracy, how they kniw about and their role in it.

I am not assuming a court date for Flynn (as a witness), but it seems you are. I see how we might come to differing conclusions.

In order for someone to "go down" somebody has to testify. That person has to say how he knows what he says he knows.
Y

And he did. Now, onto Friday and the sentencing memo on Montafort.

Like all other trump deflectors on this topic, you are pretending like you have inside information of the Mueller investigation and have found out that he has nothing.

Soooo desperate. :lol:

Its not a question of claiming inside information-'-- which by the way we have heard this same song and dance when it came to PapaD and Page-- its a question of what Mueller us really doing. And yet again, there continues no indication of any sort of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to throw the 2016 election in the what was released tonight.

there continues no indication of any sort of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to throw the 2016 election in the what was released tonight.

Mueller's office says Flynn assisted it "on a range of issues, including interactions between individuals in the Presidential Transition Team and Russia."

he special counsel's office also says Flynn cooperated with the investigation into links or coordination between the Russian government and members of the Trump campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/poli...12-05T01:47:38&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN

what are you talking about?

I am not assuming a court date for Flynn (as a witness), but it seems you are. I see how we might come to differing conclusions.

Its been forgotten: there was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to throw the 2016 election. That is why Mueller was appointed. Its not enough for Mueller to say guys like Flynn or Page or Cohen know all about it. Mueller has to actually prove it existed and that these guys participated and that others did as well.
None of his confessions that he has racked up have anything to do with this, and these guys are all confessing to perjury.
Which makes them lousy witnesses.

Well played Mr Mueller. Kind of weakens the Trump promise of a pardon.

After all, the president is not known for keeping his promises. Might make sharing and caring a bit more attractive to Corsi, Stone and Manafort.

That is kind of an ambiguous memo. Yes, he cooperated. But we don't know if he actually gave them anything that can be used against Trump.

Don't count your chickens, is my advice.

LOL Always the rosiest picture, you are consistant. The only problem with that is that they also recommended that Flynn get ZERO jail time for his crimes. You can't believe that they did not get something on Trump from him if they are being that generous.

:neutral: I can't read too much into the sentencing recommendation, suprise, but no time for a democrat seems the standard these days. A tragedy though what sounds like some real meat is in those redactions...

Yes. As it states, Flynn gave false information to the transition team regarding his communications with Russia. It also suggests he was not transparent with his role as a lobbyist for Turkey when he was writing articles defending the government.

It says he gave substantial information regarding the Trump campaign/transition team and Russia

Its been forgotten: there was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to throw the 2016 election. That is why Mueller was appointed. Its not enough for Mueller to say guys like Flynn or Page or Cohen know all about it. Mueller has to actually prove it existed and that these guys participated and that others did as well.
None of his confessions that he has racked up have anything to do with this, and these guys are all confessing to perjury.

You just described what Mueller is famous for..... collecting evidence in difficult to prove criminal conspiracies involving mob bosses and criminal cabals like TrumpCo. That is what the redacted parts were about no doubt. Flynn must be a valuable piece of the puzzle too if they want him to stay free. I'm afraid you are screwed.

Its been forgotten: there was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to throw the 2016 election. That is why Mueller was appointed.

Is that your impression? Have you been working with that since last year? I might see the problem.

Its not enough for Mueller to say guys like Flynn or Page or Cohen know all about it. Mueller has to actually prove it existed and that these guys participated and that others did as well.

Yes. Do you think Mueller and his team are golfing instead of building cases?

You think they're lousy witnesses?

Do you think Mueller believes them to be dependable?

Or could he agree with you?

Then they must have some other use, besides as a court witness for the prosecution.

Interesting isn't it? A recommendation of no jail time. For someone who never be used in court.

He must have something else of use.

Hmmm.

:neutral: I can't read too much into the sentencing recommendation, suprise, but no time for a democrat seems the standard these days. A tragedy though what sounds like some real meat is in those redactions...

Flynn was one of the first and earliest cooperators. He put up a little fight, but folded pretty quickly all things considered, thus the leniency. It's also possible that the combination of full cooperation and relatively modest crimes (compared to much bigger hitters like Cohen and Manafort) also resulted in such a reduced sentence.

Don't get me wrong; Flynn lied to the FBI extensively and failed to register as a foreign agent. He's not a good guy. But compared to the total cast of players he's actually kind of tame.

And if all that is wrong? Mueller has more charges he can throw at Flynn if Flynn's cooperation goes South for any reason.

We don't know that yet as the memo stated that the benefit of Flynn's assistance have not been fully realized yet at this time because the investigations he has assisted in remain ongoing. It also said that Flynn's cooperation was particularly valuable because he was one the few witnesses with long term and firsthand insight regarding event and issues under investigation by the SCO. It also said that Flynn's guilty plea likely compelled other firsthand witnesses to be forthcoming with the SCO and cooperate.

No, the reward for giving the Special Counsel zero helpful information is no jail time. Also, Flynn gets a foot rub and a Macy's gift card.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Flynn ran for the Senate in the 2020 election. Joe Arpaio, who was convicted of criminal contempt and pardoned by Trump, ran for the Senate in Arizona, so why not?

Is that your impression? Have you been working with that since last year? I might see the problem.

Hmmm.

July 25, 2016– The FBI confirms it has opened an investigation into the hacking of the DNC computer network. “The FBI is investigating a cyber intrusion involving the DNC and are working to determine the nature and scope of the matter. A compromise of this nature is something we take very seriously, and the FBI will continue to investigate and hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace,” it says in a release.

(A report by the Republican-controlled House intelligence committee would later say that the FBI in late July began investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the election and whether Trump campaign associates were involved in those efforts “following the receipt of derogatory information about foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos.”)

Last edited:
Not that ambiguous. Clearly Mueller is quite happy with Flynn's level of cooperation. The words "substantial assistance" may not sound like all that much to you and I. But in a court of law those words carry a lot of weight. It means this defendant has given the special counsel what it needed to further it's investigation and had given it to them in a timely fashion.

You should probably wait for details before you count your chickens.

The SC is not investigating Trump

Perhaps he's not.

But that's not what all the chicken counters are counting on.

Back
Top Bottom