• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn has given "substantial" assistance to the special counsel

Winston

Advanced stage dementia patient pls support my run
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/poli...12-05T01:47:38&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN

Special counsel Robert Mueller told a federal court Tuesday that former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn has given "substantial assistance" to the Russia investigation and should not get jail time.
Flynn has sat for 19 interviews with the special counsel and the Justice Department, the filing states.
The memo appears to list at least three ongoing investigations being pursued by the Justice Department. Two criminal investigations are completely redacted. The special counsel's office also says Flynn cooperated with the investigation into links or coordination between the Russian government and members of the Trump campaign.

Can't be happy times in the white house right about now.

"Mueller pressured him to lie, just like Cohen! He lied so he could get a reduced sentence! Weak!"

That is kind of an ambiguous memo. Yes, he cooperated. But we don't know if he actually gave them anything that can be used against Trump.

Don't count your chickens, is my advice.

Mueller wouldn’t want to give Flynn zero jail time in return for getting nothing.

I mean...duh.

That is kind of an ambiguous memo. Yes, he cooperated. But we don't know if he actually gave them anything that can be used against Trump.

Mueller's office says Flynn assisted them "on a range of issues, including interactions between individuals in the Presidential Transition Team and Russia." The rest of the sentence-long description of how Flynn helped in the Russian interference investigation is redacted.

Further inside the article

Nope. Those redactions must be worrisome to Individuals 1 and 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.....

Dat memo more blacked out than Brett Kavanaugh

If he gave Mueller enough to stay out of jail, then he gave something that can be used against Trump.

NastyFewAuk-small.gif

"No jail time."

They got more than just words.

If he gave Mueller enough to stay out of jail, then he gave something that can be used against Trump.

No, the reward for giving the Special Counsel zero helpful information is no jail time. Also, Flynn gets a foot rub and a Macy's gift card.

Yeah. It seems Mueller and Flynn just ended up clicking with each other. They loved to play chess and talk about grand kids. Mueller felt bad, so he recommended no jail time.

/sarc

This is interesting...

Mueller's office says Flynn assisted them "on a range of issues, including interactions between individuals in the Presidential Transition Team and Russia." The rest of the sentence-long description of how Flynn helped in the Russian interference investigation is redacted.​

Those redactions mean that the chickens have come home and for some they won't be resting easy from tonight forward...The message was clear.

Dude got out of some really serious time behind bars. Yeah you're probably right. I'm sure Mueller just did that out of the kindness of his heart and not because of any information he parted with. :lol:

Nope. Flynn has been singing like a canary, most of us thought this was the case all along. Most of it is redacted so clear Mueller is not ready to show his hand. I’d be ****ting bricks if I were trump, or anyone close to him at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed we know Flynn has not taken the Manafort route, as absent a pardon, that route leads to prison.

Flynn is definitely the type of man who would throw people under a bus to protect himself. IF Flynn had something on Trump then he gave it up.

Somewhere, Michael Cohen is digging through the last of his available tapes and files to figure out how he can get off "Scott Free" as well.

Several other assholes are puckering tonight.

DtnlXVEW4AInBPc.jpg

Whatever information he gave may or may not even involve Trump personally and may only be cooperation between Don Jr. or Jared Kushner and Russian operatives. We'll have to wait and see.

"Early cooperation was particularly valuable because he was one of the few people with long-term firsthand insight regarding events and issues under investigation by the SCO. Additionally, the defendant's decision to plead guilty and cooperate likely affected the decisions of related firsthand witnesses to be forthcoming with the SCO and cooperate."

Flynn also gave the SCO documents and communications. Seems he gave them context and information they didn't know that aided their investigation. It must have been very valuable stuff.

Back
Top Bottom