• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Sheriff: "We Prefer" Homeowners Shoot Burglars To "Save Taxpayer Money"

My point is that the sheriff seems to think that the burglary victim who shot at the (alleged) perp is not cooperating with the criminal investigation for fear that they may be prosecuted for shooting at the suspect.

It is clearly legal to use deadly force to stop a home invasion in FL.
It won't end well.

It won't end well.

Home invasions often don’t end well for homeowners.

There are 2.5 million burglaries annually in the United States. 66% of these are home invasions. (US Department of Justice)

According to a United States Department of Justice report:
  • 38% of assaults & 60% of rapes occur during home invasions.

Last edited:
Wait.. Government loves to tell people when to do things. In this case the good sheriff is just reminding people.
You love when govt. incentivizes murder. Nice. You fit the profile

Well of course there Mr Sheriff. Tennessee likes the way you think

--------------------

Homeowners under attack by a burglar don't need to retreat or try to escape but rather stand their ground, and, if necessary, use deadly force. This is what a Florida sheriff told residents.

Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson told residents they're "more than welcome" to shoot burglars at a Thursday press conference after a crazed man went on a home invasion spree in the northwestern portion of the Sunshine State.

Excellent - it is about time to allow all Americans to fight back with absolute lethal force to keep what they've earned.

This TNan doesn't like it. It seems that dude is inviting people to take justice into their own hands. What's so good about that?
Someone breaking into a home has lost any rights of consideration. I have a doormat with a saying

Before you break in my house stand here a moment and get right with God. Tell him you’re about on your way.

Because it is the left which has caused crime to spike through their support of the Summer of Love in 2020.....crime or the lowlifes who live like a scumbag do not care or follow your politics.....all they see is the leniency now available because of leftist policies across the country......Florida might be simply warning them to stay the hell out of Florida, else risk being shot.....do you have a problem with that?
yeah I wonder if they are upset that Democrat politicians encouraged riots and autonomous zones during the summer of love and people DID end up dead due to it.

I mean this guy is just saying to defend your property... they must have been incensed at the democrats encouraging the summer of 2020.

This TNan doesn't like it. It seems that dude is inviting people to take justice into their own hands. What's so good about that?
people should be able to defend themselves and their home.

Sadly, the statistics tell us that a gun in the home is much more likely to be used on a friend, family member or self rather than on a burglar.

Sadly, the statistics tell us that a gun in the home is much more likely to be used on a friend, family member or self rather than on a burglar.
And?

And it is incredibly stupid to attempt a head shot in a situation like that. You know that, right?
I like to aim for the dick. It gives them time to contemplate how badly they screwed up deciding to break into my home, as they bleed out on my floor.

Someone breaking into a home has lost any rights of consideration. I have a doormat with a saying

Before you break in my house stand here a moment and get right with God. Tell him you’re about on your way.
Are your earthly goods worth a life?

This is a great idea. So when a homeowner hears someone in his basement, he should just grab his rifle, go downstairs, and pop him between the eyes.

So what if it turns out to be his teenage son sneaking back in or rooting around down there looking for his soccer bag.

Its safer and much more fun to get a dog.
We have a pitpoodle ready for the attack. She's been (sadly) devocalized, so we have to play a recording of the real thing.

Are your earthly goods worth a life?
Nope. I didn’t shoot a home intruder who was unarmed even though I was within my rights to do so.

Back
Top Bottom