• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Sheriff: "We Prefer" Homeowners Shoot Burglars To "Save Taxpayer Money"

Are your earthly goods worth a life?
how do you know they aren't coming to kill you , or are on drugs and willing to kill you , or that you are not in danger from someone violently breaking into your home?

ae you going to just assume its a robber that just wants money and no trouble up until you find out they are really a serial killer?

And yet you play the victim every day.

Be a stronger adult male.
if someone dares to enter my home uninvited, it is them taking their lives into their own hands , not me.

if someone dares to enter my home uninvited, it is them taking their lives into their own hands , not me.
no doubt.

my comment was about how Jesus Christ said the same thing as the Florida sheriff. you don't remember reading it??

Someone breaking into a home has lost any rights of consideration. I have a doormat with a saying

Before you break in my house stand here a moment and get right with God. Tell him you’re about on your way.
Is your gun properly stored or do you keep it in your nightstand, loaded and one in the chamber?

no doubt.

my comment was about how Jesus Christ said the same thing as the Florida sheriff. you don't remember reading it??
I doubt the Sheriff is saying he is Jesus. I don;t see that anywhere.

yes, i could do what Jesus said we should do, give up all worldly possesions and follow Jesus' way , relying entirely on mana from the sky to eat, forsaking any and every worldy sin.

but I'm afraid I'm not that good of a Christian, and neither are many human beings out there.... luckily, the whole point is one can be forgiven for their sins in this world.

more to the reality of the situation: I don;t WANT to hurt or kill anyone , but if they knock down my damn door and intend to hurt my loved ones, I WILL do so. I'll cycle my shotgun and If they run off, hey I will let them go... if they try to follow through though, after they know I have a shotgun ready, then their bad, imho.

I doubt the Sheriff is saying he is Jesus. I don;t see that anywhere.

yes, i could do what Jesus said we should do, give up all worldly possesions and follow Jesus' way , relying entirely on mana from the sky to eat, forsaking any and every worldy sin.

but I'm afraid I'm not that good of a Christian, and neither are many human beings out there.... luckily, the whole point is one can be forgiven for their sins in this world.

more to the reality of the situation: I don;t WANT to hurt or kill anyone , but if they knock down my damn door and intend to hurt my loved ones, I WILL do so. I'll cycle my shotgun and If they run off, hey I will let them go... if they try to follow through though, after they know I have a shotgun ready, then their bad, imho.
You must not be a Christian.

I was always under the impression that burglars strike when no one is home.

how do you know they aren't coming to kill you , or are on drugs and willing to kill you , or that you are not in danger from someone violently breaking into your home?

ae you going to just assume its a robber that just wants money and no trouble up until you find out they are really a serial killer?
Shooting first without knowing isn't the answer either.

Well of course there Mr Sheriff. Tennessee likes the way you think

--------------------

Homeowners under attack by a burglar don't need to retreat or try to escape but rather stand their ground, and, if necessary, use deadly force. This is what a Florida sheriff told residents.

Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson told residents they're "more than welcome" to shoot burglars at a Thursday press conference after a crazed man went on a home invasion spree in the northwestern portion of the Sunshine State.

I am sure some scumbag sympathizers are horrified by what he said. They think you shouldn't shoots burglars.

I was always under the impression that burglars strike when no one is home.
Yeah, and next time they're armed with the gun they stole out of the nightstand.

yeah I wonder if they are upset that Democrat politicians encouraged riots and autonomous zones during the summer of love and people DID end up dead due to it.

I mean this guy is just saying to defend your property... they must have been incensed at the democrats encouraging the summer of 2020.

I"m sure they're concerned, they don't want their state to turn into the likes of Illinois, New York, or California and they are giving the heads up, to protect your selves, family, and property. Keep the scumbags out of Florida.....nothing wrong with educating the citizens their God given and USA government right to defend oneself.

Jan. 6 is nothing but a distraction for the left.....a political tool they are using to keep the heat off themselves, but we all saw on our TV's every night the outright carnage, criminal behavior, of the lowlifes the left supported......the public has not forgot.

Shooting first without knowing isn't the answer either.
so I should wait to ask if they are a serial killer or just a common burglar? or otherwise it's MY fault if something happens to the person breaking into MY HOME?

I mean that is unfathomable. do you understand the illogic you are proposing here?

If they wanted to be safe and sound, they should NOT be breaking into other people's homes.

the assumption that they are then dangerous is a natural progression.

I just saw the good sheriff interview on. Fox. The perp who was shot at is lucky to be alive. I like this sheriff like ole chain gang Joe in AZ.

--------------------

Homeowners under attack by a burglar don't need to retreat or try to escape but rather stand their ground, and, if necessary, use deadly force. This is what a Florida sheriff told residents.

Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson told residents they're "more than welcome" to shoot burglars at a Thursday press conference after a crazed man went on a home invasion spree in the northwestern portion of the Sunshine State.

What the GOP should do is invite Marjorie Taylor Greene to help. She will gladly come and kill the intruders. She loves that stuff.

marjorietaylorgreene3.jpg

so I should wait to ask if they are a serial killer or just a common burglar? or otherwise it's MY fault if something happens to the person breaking into MY HOME?

I mean that is unfathomable. do you understand the illogic you are proposing here?

If they wanted to be safe and sound, they should NOT be breaking into other people's homes.

the assumption that they are then dangerous is a natural progression.
***shrugs***

--------------------

The one that got shot was a habitual offender like 19 times.

I don't see what is wrong with shooting someone who breaks into your home. They sure have sacrificed a lot.

Well he definitely said the part (s) that are in quotes.
What he might not have said was the part connecting the two quotes.
Yeah the connection isn't needed, both are shitty thoughts to have independently of each other.

"We prefer" and "Save taxpayer money"
are both honorable things to say.
Those aren't what was said, though, so you're either lying or you're just making up hypothetical statements for no reason. Which is it?

Those aren't what was said, though, so you're either lying or you're just making up hypothetical statements for no reason. Which is it?
You cannot or do not want to see the thread title? If you need additional commentary, feel free to post actual quotes of what he said so I can bash him too!

Back
Top Bottom