• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite pizza toppings?

Oh but the possibilities are boundless. Pizza its so American, universal and individual all at once. Pizzas are individual works of science and art to be consumed. Some people like simplicity alla the simple yet delicious cheese pizza which can be both simple and complex in flavor combinations of the crusts cheeses and sauces. Some people like flair and imagination, alla the Taco pizza, (my specialty by the way when I worked in a pizza restaurant not too long ago in a place not to far away. I was the only pizza chef there to get very good tips when I made those gastronomic masterpieces. I was the Picasso of pizza. I am going to open a pizza joint one day when I retire.:cool:) a delightful, complex and flamboyant mix of color and flavor, on a cracker style crust. Spicy beef and refried beans kissed with chili powder and a sundry of other spices, layered with a buttery Monterey Jack cheese. Then the art begins by layering a bed of shredded ice burg lettuce then adding thin slices of sweet Walla Walla, red onion, green red and yellow bell peppers. For those who like to heat things up sliced Habanero peppers will do nicely as an option. Then we add diced tomato and sliced olives. We arrange this in a ring around the pizza with a petite fried corn tortilla bowl filled with fresh made Pico de Gaio or a aromatic salsa. To the side of the Taco pizza masterpiece it is customary to add a petite corn tortilla bowls of guacamole and fresh sour cream. Magnifico. Pizza my friends in all its glory is art to be eaten. There is NO wrong pizza, just different pizza styles. Rejoice my sisters and brothers for there IS a pizza out there that is just for you.

Pizza is Italian. Picasso was Spanish

And that's not a pizza. It's a tostada

Pizza is Italian. Picasso was Spanish

And that's not a pizza. It's a tostada

Pizza is now more American then Italian. In 1997 it was estimated that annual production of pizza cheese was 2 billion pounds in the U.S. and 200 million pounds in Europe. I would say pizza is definitely an American adoption now.

No its a Mexican style pizza. Here. Pizza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was a pizza chef at one time, so I know a thing or two.

Picasso may have been Spanish but he was definitely an artist.

Pizza is now more American then Italian. In 1997 it was estimated that annual production of pizza cheese was 2 billion pounds in the U.S. and 200 million pounds in Europe. I would say pizza is definitely an American adoption now.

No its a Mexican style pizza. Here. Pizza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was a pizza chef at one time, so I know a thing or two.

"pizza cheese" :lamo

Chicken, ham, fresh spinach artichoke hearts and bacon bits on a red sauce. Yum!

Our favorite is a standard Papa Murphy Chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts and bacon pizza with red sauce instead of white. When we're ready to cook, I put wedges of Canadian bacon all over it, along with a couple handfuls of white 4-cheese Italian shreds to make it gooey and keep the Canadian bacon in place.

It is to die for, and costs a pittance!

Last edited:
Yes, I eat in my free time. Eating is one of my favorite activities, yet I weigh a little under 150. :lol: Anyway, my favorite combination of toppings is mushrooms, yellow peppers, and pepperoni. What is yours?

Mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos on a thin crust.

Pepperoni and black olives. All day long

Bacon and sausage.

"pizza cheese" :lamo

Yes there is a thing called Pizza cheese. What do you think is on the Pizza Hut and Dominoes and other biggies pizza's. Personally I like a mozzarella blend with Monterey Jack, cheddar, asiago, parmesan and ramano. That and a whole lot of good deli pepperoni makes a fine cholesterol special on thin cracker crust.

Yes there is a thing called Pizza cheese. What do you think is on the Pizza Hut and Dominoes and other biggies pizza's. Personally I like a mozzarella blend with Monterey Jack, cheddar, asiago, parmesan and ramano.

Pizza Hut? Dominoes?

That and a whole lot of good deli pepperoni makes a fine cholesterol special on thin cracker crust.

Of course it has a thin crust!

After all, you don't want too much pizza to ruin your salad!

Pizza Hut? Dominoes?

Of course it has a thin crust!

After all, you don't want too much pizza to ruin your salad!

There is NO salad on a Cholesterol Special. Its a simple recipe. A good thin cracker style crust with flakey texture and a buttery flavor. A good red pizza sauce on the sweet spicy side. Your favorite deli pepperoni, and lots of it. Your favorite cheese, and mozzarella shredded and blended in a 50/50 mix. That's it. Put your crust on a pizza stone or paddle and add your sauce to your liking though I would refrain from adding too much you want the flavor not a mess. Put a layer of pepperoni's down such that they all touch. Put a layer of cheese down then pepperoni's down such that the pepperoni's all touch again. Do the cheese and pepperoni layer again. Bake at 375 to 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly on top. Guaranteed to make your cholesterol spike big time. Enjoy.

White pizza is good too. :)

There is NO salad on a Cholesterol Special. Its a simple recipe. A good thin cracker style crust with flakey texture and a buttery flavor. A good red pizza sauce on the sweet spicy side. Your favorite deli pepperoni, and lots of it.

Well, at least you've moved to the right country

Your favorite cheese,

Blue cheese? On pizza?

C'mon! That's not pizza! That's cheese on a cracker! hors d'oeuvres!

Well, at least you've moved to the right country

Blue cheese? On pizza?

C'mon! That's not pizza! That's cheese on a cracker! hors d'oeuvres!

Have you tried it? Blue cheese is pretty tasty. I bet it would work well on a white sauce, or two sauce pizza with grilled chicken.

There are variations of the Cholesterol Special you know like a pan style or traditional style or Italian style crust. Like I said there is a pizza for everybody.

Have you tried it? Blue cheese is pretty tasty. I bet it would work well on a white sauce, or two sauce pizza with grilled chicken.

Yes, I have. It's one of my favorites. And I bet it would work well

But it wouldn't be pizza.

There are variations of the Cholesterol Special you know like a pan style or traditional style or Italian style crust. Like I said there is a pizza for everybody.

Of course there's pizza for everybody. Dough, cheese and sauce.

What's not to like?

Yes, I eat in my free time. Eating is one of my favorite activities, yet I weigh a little under 150. :lol: Anyway, my favorite combination of toppings is mushrooms, yellow peppers, and pepperoni. What is yours?

Both Tommy and I love sausage pizza with marinated spinach on an ultra-thin crispy crust. Yum!!!!!

Sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms, the same kind of pizza they serve in Hoboken, N.J. From the same restaurant that Frank Sinatra ate at.

I didn't know what a real pizza was until I was 22 years old, when I first ventured to N.Y.C.

I know what a Sicilian style pizza was back in 1957 when visiting relatives in Chicago.

The first time I was in the "Islands" (Hawaii) was during the Vietnam war, a Hawaiian pizza wasn't a pizza with pineapple but a pizza topped with Spam.

Spinach and pizza are awesome. Do any of you dip your pizza in marinara sauce??

It's not commonly served that way in Chicago, Brett. Maybe next time we go to Auriello's, I'll ask if they have a marinara dipping sauce. I never thought about it . . . but now that I have? It sounds intriguing. ;)

It's not commonly served that way in Chicago, Brett. Maybe next time we go to Auriello's, I'll ask if they have a marinara dipping sauce. I never thought about it . . . but now that I have? It sounds intriguing. ;)

It is in NYC! : D It's delicious, especially when they serve it blisteringly hot.

Depending on what I'm in the mood for. If it's white pizza, I like mushrooms and spinach. If it's red, I like sausage, mushrooms, peppers and pineapple.

Spinach and pizza are awesome. Do any of you dip your pizza in marinara sauce??

with a good ricotta cheese. oh man my x use to make a great spinach pizza

Depending on what I'm in the mood for. If it's white pizza, I like mushrooms and spinach. If it's red, I like sausage, mushrooms, peppers and pineapple.

I like tomato and basil on white pizza. Yummy!!! :tongue4:

Back
Top Bottom