• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Senator Warren to endorse Clinton, sources say

BRINGING UP BABY is one of the great classic screwball comedies from 1938. It is directed by Howard Hawks and stars Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant and involves a dinosaur and a leopard among other things.

The famous line is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCymsoQL49c

If you have never seen it - and have no instinctive aversion to old black and white movies as some people do - I would think it would be a great evening.

this will give you some background on the historical significance of the line and Cary Grant

https://trueclassics.net/2011/06/27/he-just-went-gay-all-of-a-sudden/

Greetings, Haymarket. :2wave:

:agree! Great movie! Can't beat the old classics with those stars in them! :thumbs:

Greetings, Haymarket. :2wave:

:agree! Great movie! Can't beat the old classics with those stars in them! :thumbs:

You can never beat the classics. It's kinda like how the new Ghostbusters will never be as good as the old Ghostbusters.

Its truly a great film. If you like it - I would be more than happy to recommend many more.

Its a crusade of mine to get people to watch old movies. Once in a while they let me teach an elective in FILM HISTORY in the high school I taught at and I loved it watching the faces on kids who said they hated old movies - black and whites - silents - only to hear them gush over something I showed them in class and we would study it and see how films were constructed and how they changed over the decades.

Enjoy!!!!!

I never had a desire to watch much old film until taking a film class in college. THE PHILADELPHIA STORY was hilarious and completely turned me around. At the time I had just seen The Hangover and the juxtaposition of the two movies highlighted the differences in how our approach to comedy has changed.

Last edited:
I never had a desire to watch much old film until taking a film class in college. THE PHILADELPHIA STORY was hilarious and completely turned me around. At the time I had just seen The Hangover and the juxtaposition of the two movies highlighted the differences in how our approach to comedy has changed.

Terrific!!!! I love to hear stories like that. And PHILADELPHIA STORY also stars Grant & Hepburn.

You can never beat the classics. It's kinda like how the new Ghostbusters will never be as good as the old Ghostbusters.

Have you seen YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU?

The Belle of Benghazi and Pocohontas are birds of a feather. It would be fitting to have those two statist liars on the same ticket.

Ooooooo statist liars. Scury.

Its a really terrific film that should be seen if you love old classic comedies. The director was Frank Capra - probably the most successful director in the period of the Golden Age from 1931 - 45. Most people have seen his Christmas classic IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.

Watch his film MEET JOHN DOE and you will be shocked how he made a film about the modern tea party movement seventy years before it actually happened.

As I have repeatedly said in the past, if it turns out that Warren withheld her endorsement from Bernie, thereby costing him close states like Massachusetts, and possibly Iowa, in exchange for political favours/appointments, then it would amount to a betrayal that would in all probability deepen the Democrat schism, not ameliorate it.

TYT's excellent take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8QqAtrh9c

Last edited:
Talk about an unbalanced ticket. Two women from the Northeast. Two people who worked in the administration. My guess is the senator from Ohio.

I highly doubt she is going to pick a senator from a state that has a Republican governor. That is giving a free senate seat to the Republicans. I don't see her doing that for a VP pick.

For many in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, yes.
Why?* Why does her backing Hillary at this point matter?* Warren in not bucking the party line or going off reservation, she is falling in line to kiss queen hiLIARy's ring like a good servent. Warren is not making a progressive or liberal stance. She is now supporting someone who represents every thing she fights against.

Unless you are caught up in the myth and ignore the reality, why does Warren marching in step with party orders matter?

I still like Warren and respect the work she does. But I lost a little respect for her when she stood on the sidelines during the primaries and didn't endorse a candidate. She did the typical politician thing of waiting to see who would win.

I've no problem with that. I'd like for to have endorsed Bernie but I respect that she didn't want to influence and let the voters decide. No big to me.

Yeah. Looking back at it, I feel Bernie really screwed up on downplaying the whole email scandal.

I disagree. Whose to say that it didn't help him seeing how he wasn't even supposed to be a blip on the screen for this campaign.

I highly doubt she is going to pick a senator from a state that has a Republican governor. That is giving a free senate seat to the Republicans. I don't see her doing that for a VP pick.

Can you imagine in your wildest dreams he would appoint a Democrat to the seat?:lamo

Or, he's been a Clinton stooge the entire time. Either is likely.

In my humble opinion, us - as Sanders supporters (both current and former) - not only have a right, but an obligation to get pissed the FUUUUUCK off at him for ****ing up as bad as he has!

Time for We The People to hijack his movement.
**** ALL THE CANDIDATES!
**** THE GOVERNMENT!
**** THIS BROKEN-ASS SYSTEM!

He didn't **** up. He blew the doors off of the guy who was supposed to be the close 2nd place finisher Martin O'Malley and filled the establishment with fear that they still can't shake due to needing us in the general. They'll have to bend our way to get our votes.

Word is that it was a tough call for her between Clinton and Trump. :roll:

Not if you've been listening to Sen. Warren excoriate trump since he became the presumptive nominee .

Well, I like America and Wales equally. Really, I love all countries (except Nazi Germany and ISIL).

I haven't been to all countries, but I love all humanity (even those I consider my enemies).

Well even in ****ty countries its not hard to like the people and hate the government.

Not if you've been listening to Sen. Warren excoriate trump since he became the presumptive nominee .

XZ2B2S.jpg

I take that bit of gibberish to mean you feel sympathetic toward statist liars.

New flash bud. We are all "statists". Unless you are an anarchist. Just some ****ty buzzword conservatives like to use.

Why?* Why does her backing Hillary at this point matter?* Warren in not bucking the party line or going off reservation, she is falling in line to kiss queen hiLIARy's ring like a good servent. Warren is not making a progressive or liberal stance. She is now supporting someone who represents every thing she fights against. Unless you are caught up in the myth and ignore the reality, why does Warren marching in step with party orders matter?
Why does it matter? Its pretty obvious. She is a popular figure among Progressive in the Democratic party. And I would agree that there are some contradictions with Warren endorsing Clinton, especially among the Wall Street reforms. But as the article states she pointed out that her worry about possibly being the VP is that, "Warren fears that as vice president, or in a cabinet position, her voice could be less heard than it is in the U.S. Senate on her priority issues such as addressing income inequality"

Warren is far more savvy than you guys ever could grasp.

Considering the singular insight into all matters you have so often demonstrated on these forums, which of us lesser lights should even hope to grasp what you do?

As for Pocohontas, she faked being an Indian to get herself admitted to law school. She's a damned liar, just like her fellow faux-Indian leftist, Ward "Little Eichmanns" Churchill.

New flash bud. We are all "statists". Unless you are an anarchist. Just some ****ty buzzword conservatives like to use.

News flash: Neither you nor anyone who shares your views is my "bud." Forget the "we"--you do not speak for me. And your assertion that everyone is either a statist or an anarchist is sophomoric tripe. Sounds like something the resident commie in my dorm years ago might have bleated, imagining it was profound, as he wiped the pizza grease from his fingers into his scraggly beard.

I will continue use the word statist to describe un-American specimens who support the very kind of concentration of government power the Constitution was so carefully designed to prevent. On occasion, I will also call these dopes collectivists, pseudo-liberals, totalitarians, and commies, all of which describe them well. They loathe our system of government as it was intended to be. They want this country, which they don't much like, to be "fundamentally transformed" into something unrecognizable as America.

News flash: Neither you nor anyone who shares your views is my "bud." Forget the "we"--you do not speak for me. And your assertion that everyone is either a statist or an anarchist is sophomoric tripe. Sounds like something the resident commie in my dorm years ago might have bleated, imagining it was profound, as he wiped the pizza grease from his fingers into his scraggly beard.

I will continue use the word statist to describe un-American specimens who support the very kind of concentration of government power the Constitution was so carefully designed to prevent. On occasion, I will also call these dopes collectivists, pseudo-liberals, totalitarians, and commies, all of which describe them well. They loathe our system of government as it was intended to be. They want this country, which they don't much like, to be "fundamentally transformed" into something unrecognizable as America.

You are far too late for that. America was "fundamentally transformed" and at its best under the "New Deal" 80 years ago and that is again becoming the metric we are shooting for. We tried the alternative and it has led to ruin. This is the fundamental reason for the collapse of the GOP, they have nothing but failure and are unable to change course.

Back
Top Bottom