• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Senator Warren to endorse Clinton, sources say

I think Warren is an awful populist demagogue who would drag down the ticket.

LOL you're comparing her to Donald Trump.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

And here I thought I'd heard it all. XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD X DX D

Thats fair. But I'm very distraught with 'my party' and so I'm enthusiastically supporting Clinton this time around.

Well good on you for not being a knee-jerk hardliner.
I still despise your knee-jerk pro-establishmentism.

Really? I had no idea you were a Republican.

I have always saw him as a pretty hard core Democrat based on his posts here for four years

GOP voters upset with their party are voting for Gary Johnson or not voting at all. Not someone has hard core anti GOP values as Hillary

.....................................Hillary is not a populist.

on some issues she pretends to be-whining about the fat cats (the ones she's in bed with)

I have always saw him as a pretty hard core Democrat based on his posts here for four years

GOP voters upset with their party are voting for Gary Johnson or not voting at all. Not someone has hard core anti GOP values as Hillary

I've only been here for like 3-4 months, but yeah I thought he was a Democrat, too. :lamo

I've only been here for like 3-4 months, but yeah I thought he was a Democrat, too. :lamo

Because people don't realize that the hardline-Democrats and hardline-Republicans (including party officials) have more in common than they do differences.

Because people don't realize that the hardline-Democrats and hardline-Republicans (including party officials) have more in common than they do differences.

AKA the Republocrats (as Ikari tends to put it).

And I'm a Gay-American. :lamo

Well, I like America and Wales equally. Really, I love all countries (except Nazi Germany and ISIL).

I haven't been to all countries, but I love all humanity (even those I consider my enemies).

Well, I like America and Wales equally. Really, I love all countries (except Nazi Germany and ISIL).

I haven't been to all countries, but I love all humanity (even those I consider my enemies).

I agree 100%. I have a lot of friends with opposing ideologies to mine, but I love all of them.

BTW, Can ISIL even be considered a country?

The influence of the VP is fairly minimal on the selection by the vast majority of voters. So looking for a "balance" is largely not necessary and that could be especially true considering all of the weaknesses of Trump. On the other hand, an attack dog that solidifies the woman theme which Hillary has pushed and emphasized (particularly last night) might be very useful in a VP.

Ohio should be very close, especially with Clinton's attacks on the fossil fuel industry and gun ownership. Thus my thinking about the senator from there.

sherrod brown is pretty much a lightweight intellectually-sort of like hillary. she ought to pick someone from the South who is a moderate on issues like guns and the military

Greetings, TurtleDude. :2wave:

She might be concerned about carrying Ohio, which has usually been a make-or-break state, and Kasich has been a good Republican Governor for us, winning reelection in a landslide because voters from both parties in 86 out of 88 counties chose him rather than the Dem who ran against him. Time will tell....

I think Warren is an awful populist demagogue who would drag down the ticket.

Clinton won't be giving a GOP governor the opportunity to pick Warren's replacement and controlling the special election in a state where DEMs lost another special election replacing Kennedy. Similar reasoning for S. Brown in Ohio. Kaine's seat could easily be lost in VA also. The potential of a 50-50 Senate could preclude a Senator. All three Senators I've mentioned have tough reelection bids in the 2018 mid-terms when DEMs face a difficult map.

A normal year might easily see trump take a governor like Kasich. DEMs have a weak bench for governors. With Pennsylvania currently a crucial toss-up and the DNC convention there, there could be some chatter concerning Gov. Wolf as VP. Got any other DEM governors worth mentioning? I'll toss Hickenlooper of crucial Colorado out there also--he was born in PA. Governors also have drawbacks, since they've actually had to make difficult choices .

Greetings, TurtleDude. :2wave:

She might be concerned about carrying Ohio, which has usually been a make-or-break state, and Kasich has been a good Republican Governor for us, winning reelection in a landslide because voters from both parties in 86 out of 88 counties chose him rather than the Dem who ran against him. Time will tell....

I voted for Ted in 2010=mainly because Ted didn't bend to Clinton on gun issues but Cave-in Kasich changed his vote in 94 so clinton would sign his budget reconciliation bill. but Kasich earned my vote in 14 and that democrat who ran against him was perhaps the most pathetic candidate I have seen for governor in decades. He didn't even have a driver's license and he was probably having an affair in the car when the cops questioned him

To be honest, I've never trusted Warren. I supported her initially because Sen. Sanders did.

But I don't even really trust Sanders as much as I did. I feel like if he'd actually wanted to, he could have steamrolled Clinton (even with the rampant voting fraud in NY, AZ and Cali).

Not to mention his downplaying of her email scandals.

Cites for rampant voting fraud in New York, California and Arizona, please. You don't get to just say stuff that you can't back up.

Back
Top Bottom