• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Euro 2016.

Cristiano Ronaldo does it again! Amazing!

:mrgreen:

As predicted, Clattenburg had a massive negative impact on the game. Had he not called handball on the wrong person, given a free kick that kept the ball in the French half, then Eder would never have scored. That man should be banned for reffing any major tournament as his mistakes have bigger impact than the players..

Clattenberg in the reason Portugal scored a 30 yard screamer? Jesus Pete give the anti English rhetoric a rest.

Clattenberg in the reason Portugal scored a 30 yard screamer? Jesus Pete give the anti English rhetoric a rest.

Clattenberg had a very good game. I'm usually one of his critics but he's been splendid. This one mistake Pete refers to is no big deal.

How can you say 'pathetic'? It was a terrific goal. It's going to be a deserved win for Portugal, even if one of the most pig ugly games of football I've seen in a long time. Frankly they could play for another hour and France wouldn't score. They're like Germany were in the semi. Another victory of negative, defensive football. I believe that goal was Portugal's only shot on target in the entire game.

Poor tactics from France, terrible substitution tactics. Deschamps was clueless how to break down a 10-man defence, but frankly it didn't really look as if he tried. France lacked pace and drive. Pogba worth €100 million? On that performance I wouldn't pay a million for him: lazy, sluggish, timid. Giroud should never play another international game, mind you, I thought that before this game.

So, it's Greece all over again. Perhaps one of the worst teams ever to win a major tournament, but on tonight's performance they deserved it.

There's a reason why "negative, defensive football" wins. It's a terrible game.

That's the only pleasure we can take from this game, that old big head doesn't get to hog all the glory.

He'll win the "Coach of the tournament" award after those last minutes.

Pepe chosen as the MVP of the match, well deserved I think although I could give it to Mario or Patricio.

As predicted, Clattenburg had a massive negative impact on the game. Had he not called handball on the wrong person, given a free kick that kept the ball in the French half, then Eder would never have scored. That man should be banned for reffing any major tournament as his mistakes have bigger impact than the players..

Now THAT'S pathetic! Clattenburg had a great game. He made one mistake. I can't think of another game in this tournament where the referee has made fewer mistakes. The free kick went over the bar and Lloris took a goal kick that went into the Portugal half. How could that possibly assist Eder's goal.

You are an idiot sometimes, Pete.

Pepe chosen as the MVP of the match, well deserved I think although I could give it to Mario or Patricio.

MVP? There's no such thing as MVP in football. You mean Man of the Match. Pepe probably deserves it, although I thought Rafael Guerrero and Cédric were pretty great too. Frankly, it had to go to a defender, didn't it?

MVP? There's no such thing as MVP in football. You mean Man of the Match. Pepe probably deserves it, although I thought Rafael Guerrero and Cédric were pretty great too. Frankly, it had to go to a defender, didn't it?

The entire team was great but Mario did the most to hold the ball and Patricio had some terrific saves there.

I could not disagree more. Much easier to shut a team down than to create offense.

I'm not talking about what's easiest, I'm talking about what people want to see. Defence has won this tournament from start to finish, and it's been rubbish, frankly. There have been about 4 good matches and the semi finals and finals the worst I've ever seen.

Americans are simple folk when it comes to sport .

I lived abroad 18 years. Played it. Coached it (my son's league). It's a terrible game. You can see it in this thread. What's considered "good" football is in fact not the surest way to win.

I'm not talking about what's easiest, I'm talking about what people want to see. Defence has won this tournament from start to finish, and it's been rubbish, frankly. There have been about 4 good matches and the semi finals and finals the worst I've ever seen.

That's because the nature of the game drives teams to play a style that's unappealing.

I lived abroad 18 years. Played it. Coached it (my son's league). It's a terrible game. You can see it in this thread. What's considered "good" football is in fact not the surest way to win.

Do toddle off and troll a netball thread, why don't you?

Most watched sport in the world, most played, most professional leauges and the most loved.

Go and comment in your riodball thread, sorry I meant baseball.

Most watched sport in the world, most played, most professional leauges and the most loved.

Go and comment in your riodball thread, sorry I meant baseball.

There is much ignorance and deprivation in the world too. The one good thing about football is that it requires little capital investment. As the world becomes more affluent it will leave football behind.

There is much ignorance and deprivation in the world too. The one good thing about football is that it requires little capital investment. As the world becomes more affluent it will leave football behind.

Lol the premiership is being watched by more and more Americans each year and less and less kids play American Football because of health worries.

Anyway let's ignore the troll.

Roll on August so we can get back to real stuff.

Highlight of the tournament was watching the minnows do well.
Biggest disappointment was probably Belgium for me as they never really got going.
But overall no real stand out teams.

Americans are simple folk when it comes to sport .

It was a German lady this evening at dinner that asked whether anyone really thought, considering the corruption in Fifa and other soccer organisations, that the games weren't fixed. A Swede pointed out that Europe needs Portugal happy right now considering the EU and, though I doubt it, I wondered.

Back
Top Bottom